Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Guys called "Dogsmeat"(he was the one who actually shot) and "Flixe" just tked about 4 guys with their AA-Truck on #6 and tried to shoot even more. Bannable I think...

Edited by Bene

Hello I recently played on this server and I got banned for teamkilling like 1 month ago or less and I'm really sorry about that.

I will never teamkill again and it would be cool if you guys could unban me, so I can play on this server again.

My in game name is: Melvin

Teammate named "Kray" just teamkilled our osprey arriving at our own base with an AA Gun or something. 4-5 People died through him. Server #6 (Other team members also noted that he has been planting IEDs in our own base all day long.)

Hi Sa-Mantra, first off i want to say that you've made the most epic server of arma 2. your hardwork is really amazing. i have somewhat of a complaintsuggestion to make. Your server is pretty much perfect except for the fact that for some reason on your server(your server only) i experiencing stuttering on a regular pattern, whether it just restarted or not. Im running at 60 fps but theres microstutters every 10 seconds on the ArmA watch. on the 5 mark, 15 sec mark, etc. I think whats happening is because your time cycle is different from the one in regular arma, the sun moves at those exact times creating lag. Idk. I'm just requesting if you could maybe somehow find a way to fix this stuttering in v15 beecause if that could be done, then your server would be perfect

Quick question are any of the US servers running a permanent day cycle ? This would be awesome night kinda sucks. Any way of turning off the orange filter.

Also ever think of integrating ace with your wonderful mission.

Server is running at very low frames per sec. as it is... Adding ACE would probably murder the chips. It would be awesome tho...

Or am I mistaken here... I get 20ish FPS on average... Not related to graphics settings (HD7950) and the CPU (Q9650) usage is quite low. I do get much higher frame rates on other missions/servers/game modes...

ello

i have been learing how to edit and add stuff to the server for a few days now, and its really getting along

theres only 1 problem wich i cannot figure out,

there are some topics about it but dont really get it and what there saying is not working for me or only half working

what i want is more object spawn points on my wasteland server, so we can have more buidling material and a better disrubution of build items

what i have done is unpacked the pbo, extraced the mission.sqf, opened it up in arma 2 editor and put some extra spawn points at the end of the airfield,

with the numbers increasing from the last already exsiting spawn point.so last spawn point was spawn_76 and i went on with 77 78 79 80

after that saved it and put it back in the pbo

now for the second part i opend up my objectSpawning.sqf in server/fucntions

and edited this line

while {_counter < 76} do

to

while {_counter < 80} do

cause i have 80 spawn points now

but when i check the server everything on the map seems to be spawning on the airfield and not on the 4 extra spawn points i just created in editor.

can anyone please explain what im doing wrong, would be much appriciated

cheers

Edited by drunker

Great job with the Wasteland servers Sa-Matra. Would really love to know how I would be able to host a Sa-Matra server of my own.

SaMatra wasteland gets better and better! The 30 mins below was mostly filmed on ARMA.RU Wasteland #10, big shouts out to everyone on that server. (The Celle segments are on the Sweclockers version). Keep up the great work!

Hello SaMatra,

So I have done some reading about the history of wasteland and have noticed 404games ripped you and tonic off, I am currently using a 404games (2.7) version which i have modified quite a bit but its still full of crappy/buggy code.

I have played on your servers and love what you have done with your version, the only problem I get is I'm an Australian and get no less then 200 ping to any of your servers! :(

Any chance you can get an Australian server going, or allow GamingAustralia.net to run your mission file?

Regards,

TroZzY

*gamingaustralia.net Wasteland Editor

#4 server's (don't know about the others) performance has dropped significantly: player menu -> inventory window takes minutes (literally) to populate, group management similar - need to refresh it for the names to appear, picking up items is sloooow, gunstore sometimes unavailable (not sure if it was slot-related)....

Anyways, what can we do to help debug these issues? Logs, getting hold of admins/devs when bug is spotted... ?

Sa-Matra, if possible can you remove fog from appearing? It's incredibly frustrating. Either it's that or the US servers are running on a super low view distance.

Speaking of the US servers, why do I get lower FPS on them than on say #5 EU? I'm talking about 7-10 FPS whereas I get ~20 on #5 EU.

Sa-Matra, if possible can you remove fog from appearing? It's incredibly frustrating. Either it's that or the US servers are running on a super low view distance.

Speaking of the US servers, why do I get lower FPS on them than on say #5 EU? I'm talking about 7-10 FPS whereas I get ~20 on #5 EU.

Exactly that fog appears on #6 sometimes, too.

V14 released, nice (where dat Takistan at? :P). Is the massive fog intended? Previously the thick fog appeared for about 30 minutes after restarting, where as now it seems to be constantly there and sometimes you can only see up to 500 metres. Group invites seem to be working properly now, no need to remake the group when you want to get someone in who's joined after the group's been created. Towed vehicles still tend to teleport randomly when untowed.

I've experienced invisible vehicles+towed vehicles (I can see a player kneeling to use the gear menu next to a truck he says is there), invisible operators of visible vehicles (saw a bicycle trotting around without a rider)... fun stuff, makes me wonder if I'll see the enemy....

So it's still not "allowed" to host it on my own ded. server ? That's something i quite don't get. I mean i donated 20 bucks to Icebreakr for his super sick islands and units. And i think that was much more work. I simply don't get, why nobody else is allowed to host the mission.

So it's still not "allowed" to host it on my own ded. server ? That's something i quite don't get. I mean i donated 20 bucks to Icebreakr for his super sick islands and units. And i think that was much more work. I simply don't get, why nobody else is allowed to host the mission.

Now Samatra, I've read your blog post on your website where you said you were disappointed that you couldn't have the mission on your own server, but then you go ahead and do the exact same thing.

It's pretty damn ironic.

Guys please direct your teamkill\rule breaking reports to admins in Teamspeak, there always should be somebody to help you.

----

Time for responses again.

Hello I recently played on this server and I got banned for teamkilling like 1 month ago or less and I'm really sorry about that.

I will never teamkill again and it would be cool if you guys could unban me, so I can play on this server again.

My in game name is: Melvin

If you are still banned, please drop me a PM, we'll sort it out

Hi Sa-Mantra, first off i want to say that you've made the most epic server of arma 2. your hardwork is really amazing. i have somewhat of a complaintsuggestion to make. Your server is pretty much perfect except for the fact that for some reason on your server(your server only) i experiencing stuttering on a regular pattern, whether it just restarted or not. Im running at 60 fps but theres microstutters every 10 seconds on the ArmA watch. on the 5 mark, 15 sec mark, etc. I think whats happening is because your time cycle is different from the one in regular arma, the sun moves at those exact times creating lag. Idk. I'm just requesting if you could maybe somehow find a way to fix this stuttering in v15 beecause if that could be done, then your server would be perfect

Exactly 10 seconds, right? Then it should be R3F. Thanks for report, you are second person that experiences it, I'll try to address the problem.

Quick question are any of the US servers running a permanent day cycle ? This would be awesome night kinda sucks. Any way of turning off the orange filter.

Also ever think of integrating ace with your wonderful mission.

Day\night is still being worked on, we are trying to find best balance between day and night at the moment.

You will be able to disable yellow filter in near future.

Server is running at very low frames per sec. as it is... Adding ACE would probably murder the chips. It would be awesome tho...

Or am I mistaken here... I get 20ish FPS on average... Not related to graphics settings (HD7950) and the CPU (Q9650) usage is quite low. I do get much higher frame rates on other missions/servers/game modes...

Yeah that's because of amount of objects in the mission. There are roughly 600 cars at the same time on the map as well as over 1500 movable objects. We are trying to balance this.

Great job with the Wasteland servers Sa-Matra. Would really love to know how I would be able to host a Sa-Matra server of my own.

Definitely will be possible somewhere in future.

Suggestion: Players should be able to purchase empty ammo crates from gun stores.

Good point, this is already planned

Hello SaMatra,

So I have done some reading about the history of wasteland and have noticed 404games ripped you and tonic off, I am currently using a 404games (2.7) version which i have modified quite a bit but its still full of crappy/buggy code.

I have played on your servers and love what you have done with your version, the only problem I get is I'm an Australian and get no less then 200 ping to any of your servers! :(

Any chance you can get an Australian server going, or allow GamingAustralia.net to run your mission file?

Regards,

TroZzY

*gamingaustralia.net Wasteland Editor

Please email to ws@arma.su with all the details, our sysadmin will reply back to you with our terms and explainations.

#4 server's (don't know about the others) performance has dropped significantly: player menu -> inventory window takes minutes (literally) to populate, group management similar - need to refresh it for the names to appear, picking up items is sloooow, gunstore sometimes unavailable (not sure if it was slot-related)....

Anyways, what can we do to help debug these issues? Logs, getting hold of admins/devs when bug is spotted... ?

Are you using JSRS by any chance? It causes these problems because of amount of script threads it creates.

Fog is random. Though I'll try to tweak it little bit more

What about players numbers? Another thing is that there have been lots of cheater attacks recently, they even manage to break server-side scripts so much that everyone spawns as seagulls. We are banning tens of cheaters daily yet they manage to mess servers up sometimes. Lots of desync is caused by cheats as well from our observations.

V14 released, nice (where dat Takistan at? :P). Is the massive fog intended? Previously the thick fog appeared for about 30 minutes after restarting, where as now it seems to be constantly there and sometimes you can only see up to 500 metres. Group invites seem to be working properly now, no need to remake the group when you want to get someone in who's joined after the group's been created. Towed vehicles still tend to teleport randomly when untowed.

Will address fog again today. Teleporting because of untowing being worked on, it is locality issue (getting on driver of towed vehicle before untowing eliminates possibility of vehicle disappearing\teleporting back)

I've experienced invisible vehicles+towed vehicles (I can see a player kneeling to use the gear menu next to a truck he says is there), invisible operators of visible vehicles (saw a bicycle trotting around without a rider)... fun stuff, makes me wonder if I'll see the enemy....

If possible try to fraps it and report to admins in TS, if it is cheating business, we'll get it sorted.

Various reasons, main is balance is proper cheaters control as well as mission being generally unstable and unfinished. We'll go public eventually. For now you can drop your machine details to ws@arma.su and our sysadmin will explain our terms to you.

no thx dude. I've been on this forum for a long time, played a lot of user missions, that users actually provide for others in this "community". I never had to ask somebody to play it on our server and i won't do that in the future..Good luck with your mission and server though..

Are you using JSRS by any chance? It causes these problems because of amount of script threads it creates.

Yeah, I figured as much - it seemed too much of a coincidence. I actually accidently entered your server while having JSRS on, and figured since it didn't kick me that it was ok. Turned off JSRS, it got better. Also, regarding previous quote re. FPS and ACE and 600 cars - some people on the server reported having very high frame rates compared to mine (40, 50, 60), but then again they could have been trolling, or unable to measure FPS...

If possible try to fraps it and report to admins in TS, if it is cheating business, we'll get it sorted.

I think i might have some of it on video. Will look it up now (or record if it happens again) and PM the links when uploaded.

Thanks for your efforts and all that :)

Edited by Ceh
looked, not recorded, will record if happens

Yeah, I figured as much - it seemed too much of a coincidence. I actually accidently entered your server while having JSRS on, and figured since it didn't kick me that it was ok. Turned off JSRS, it got better. Also, regarding previous quote re. FPS and ACE and 600 cars - some people on the server reported having very high frame rates compared to mine (40, 50, 60), but then again they could have been trolling, or unable to measure FPS...

I have had no trouble with JSRS only, the lag only occurs when I enable the CBAs which are needed for JSRS' awesome distance sounds.

Thanks Fonzie, I'll give it a go later today and report back here with my results.

BTW, where was everyone from #4 last night, the server was almost empty?

I have had no trouble with JSRS only, the lag only occurs when I enable the CBAs which are needed for JSRS' awesome distance sounds.

This is correct. It's only CBA that has an issue on the server causing the player menu as well as some actions (snowmens random spin) to take ages to complete.

---------

On a different note....

Mmmmmmmmmmm Jello squares... absolute chance and luck how we found it. We got killed in some random town and got spawned near the SW of the map and decided to cut through a field on the way to take an armored vehicle. Driving through some field and both myself and MFG1 were looking at it going... "WTF was that!??!" as we passed less than 2 meters from it. Then it dawned on me what it was. PROFIT.

(click image for fullsize)

Arm_A2_OA_2013_02_05_18_08_49_54.jpg

Edited by _Mofo_