Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Lol. I did kinda make it sound like that but everything we did was for the team to use, we were trying to use said helo when they tried to static TK us everybody was working together till Havok34 and Taylor started griefing. And yeah me and my guys are going independents from now on anyways just wanted to see if we could get some team play going is all.

Havok34, Taylor and doctor dentist... Go indie if you want to play. Don't mess other ppls days...

You spend 4 hours on this game to secure something good make a base of awesome and ppl/grieffers like them join check for base location and pau start to mess the 4 hours of WORK! Or if you don't want to call it work! Even the lowest forms of life will join me and call it lost time...

I know I should play on hardcore but you cant build. I can't build good bases without 3rth person.

Now a server without cross hair. Just take the cross hair away from one server and I would love to play on that.

Suggestions.

1. Less spawn points Or Spawn beacon to buy (10 000$)

- There could be a Beacon for opfor and blufor but If you turn it on you can only spawn inside spawn beacon area nowhere else until it gets destroyed, removed or disabled

- Reason for this? Well A base can only last as long as it has supplies and supplying a base that is Constantly under siege is impossible at best allso ppl tend to just get bore inside a base "I know this is not the problem of the author BUT it would make new and interesting scenarios for opfor/blufor"

Currently team work :( it doesn't work.

2. Could all opfor/blufor be abble to see eatch others locations in map. like a big group.. But if you make another group it would separate from the main team.

3. If a radar dish is enabled inside a town area or it intersects with the town area indies couldn't be able to spawn randomly in.

4. Radar upgrades... 5000$ rough location of enemy in radar area 3000$ 100 meters of radar range max 500m?

I know I should play on hardcore but you cant build. I can't build good bases without 3rth person.

Yes you can, you just need to coordinate with a teammate :)

- There could be a Beacon for opfor and blufor but If you turn it on you can only spawn inside spawn beacon area nowhere else until it gets destroyed, removed or disabled

What do you mean, I turn on a beacon, and all the team can spawn only there, or just me (maybe me and group mates)?

Either way, it would make bases too easy to defend. Infinite resupply of defenders is not good IMO.

Yes you can, you just need to coordinate with a teammate :)

... Maybe maybe I just should come there and play..

What do you mean, I turn on a beacon, and all the team can spawn only there, or just me (maybe me and group mates)?

The whole team, it would be a trade off. All so at the same time indies ability spawn even when enemies present could be disabled.

Either way, it would make bases too easy to defend. Infinite resupply of defenders is not good IMO.

Well.. infinite numbers of G17 :) I do not agree with your tactical assesment.

This will all so make the attackers think twice before even attacking because now opfor/blufor can't spawn right next to base, them self. If they have their own spawn beacon. Or ... well there are many NEW possibilities with this kind of change.. :)

Maybe maybe I just should come there and play..

Sorry, I don't get this :confused:

The whole team, it would be a trade off. All so at the same time indies ability spawn even when enemies present could be disabled.

OK, but I think in that case, people would complain (if I understood this time :) ) - if the whole team is not playing like a team, then some guy sets up a beacon, and even those players that weren't playing with that guy would be forced to respawn there?

Well.. infinite numbers of G17 :) I do not agree with your tactical assesment.

It's OK to disagree, that's why we discuss here :) just exchanging opinions. No hard feelings, I hope.

Anyways, yeah, you spawn with a Glock, but you can (sometimes) get to your body, and if you are in a base you should have weapons there, even statics maybe... Just thinking out loud...

... well there are many NEW possibilities with this kind of change.. :)

I agree, we just need to see (agree to some extent) what we're after.

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- #1... that's running 404 Wasteland. Quite a sad way to try get more players to that shitty version.

E: Now the server runs Sa-Matra's version, and is still named the same. Should it not be changed to avoid confusion? And can you allow the 1.5 version of JSRS?

Edited by Fonzie

Hi can someone help me. The problem is that i cant connect to any ARMA2.RU wasteland sandbox servers, when i try to connect the Wait for Host will pop up and will stay there for like 10 minutes and nothing is happening. I've tried reinstalling, disabled firewall, updated battleye etc and still nothing

I've been getting the "Wait for Host" screen lasting for a while as well. It started about a week ago. I figured it was my own connection but I've heard others complain about it on server 8,9, and 10 as well.

When i go to the ArmA 2 server browser most of the wasteland servers have red x's and have no information, the only servers i can see are #1 , #8, #9 & #10, this has only started happening for me today, my friend is running the same beta patches etc... and he can see every server.

Can anyone help me?

I've been getting the "Wait for Host" screen lasting for a while as well. It started about a week ago. I figured it was my own connection but I've heard others complain about it on server 8,9, and 10 as well.

I only have this problem with "Sa-Matra wasteland servers" my friends can connect but i cant somehow no idea why

Sa-Matra, I am loving your version of the mission. Question, as Tonic seems to be making updates, will they appear in your version?

Keep up the excellent work, and here is a wasteland vid I made:

Hi SaMatra i was banned about a week ago for the ladder fly glitch i did not know i would be banned because i didn't know what would happen if i did so i was just wondering if i could get unbanned it was a mistake i didn't know it was a rule i'v had many hours of fun on the servers thank you :)

Hi SaMatra i was banned about a week ago for the ladder fly glitch i did not know i would be banned because i didn't know what would happen if i did so i was just wondering if i could get unbanned it was a mistake i didn't know it was a rule i'v had many hours of fun on the servers thank you :)

Please join our ts at ts.arma.su:9999 and ask one of our admins to review your ban.

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- #1... that's running 404 Wasteland. Quite a sad way to try get more players to that shitty version.

E: Now the server runs Sa-Matra's version, and is still named the same. Should it not be changed to avoid confusion? And can you allow the 1.5 version of JSRS?

Yeah these mofos are going way to far with this. They obviously impersonate our servers in order to get players in.

Hey HEY NOW!! What did I ever do to you? :P

@ The others... just remember to check the version on the right to ensure you're in the right servers. I was fooled once by the fake #6. It will say on the right.. "SaMatras wasteland"

BTW... it serves a testimony to your work and to the absolute garbage 404 has put out. Just remember the tortoise and the hare fable... the rabbit is loosing ground my friend... imagine what wasteland will become when you finish your version and release it!!

Hey guys,

a Player named "Clipper" just advertised for a server named "Xenos Wasteland" or sth like that and disconnected. It was on #6, but I think he did so on the other servers, too.

Just wanted to report this, have a nice day.

nice job dude

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Hey Sa-Matra, I'm a big fan of your work.

I just have a few questions/suggestions:

* Are there any plans to make a proper site or thread, in english, where people can follow the progress of the mission? (changelogs etc.)

I'm fairly sure there are more non-russians playing this mission nowdays. ;)

* Are Independent players ever gonna get access to Radars? I don't enjoy playing opfor/blufor sine you are forced to play with a bunch of morons, but they have a huge advantage with the radars. Because of this, me and my friends have started building bases on gun shops just to get enemy warnings. But that also means the enemy knows where we are at all times. :/

* Engineer/medic slots should be increased or removed entirely. (personally I'd prefer the latter) Right now it just comes down to whoever gets in first gets the good roles and have big advantages all game. I know there are Med Kits and Repair Kits but most of the time you don't have access to them for various reasons.

* I doubt this will ever happen, but I'd like to see the teams removed entirely and just have ONE free-for-all team. You have a great group function anyways so if people want to play together then they can just use that. Alternatively make a separate "FFA"-version of the mission.

* Disable the Respawn function. Vehicles are incredibly easy to find in Wasteland so getting around isn't that hard. Let people deal with what they are dealt instead of spamming respawn for a good location. If you need to get back quickly to a base defense or whatever, then tough luck, maybe you'll be a bit more careful next time! ;)

* Disable Global VON. I realize this is not actually done through the mission but afaik you control the servers too? This is an issue in all of ARMA 2. People just don't have the decency to shut the hell up in Global. It's annoying having to mute people everytime you join a server. The same goes for Side Chat as Independent. But something tells me that would be a bit harder to achieve.

* Your vehicle-cleanup function is broken as hell.. I've lost so much items and got killed countless times by exploading vehicles being randomly cleaned up. Just the other day we had a few urals parked inside a farm we were building next to. They got cleaned up and blew up half our base, including our precious Humvee and Jackal, it also did a good job killing a bunch of our men.

* What's up with random deaths? I'm pretty sure I've suffered more deaths to nothingness then actual players. Just falling to my death completely at random.. You know anything about this?

* Vehicles breaking too easy/blowing up without warning, with you inside it. I don't know if this is anything you can do something about or if it's just ARMA being ARMA, but it's annoying AS HELL.. :)

That's all for now.

Keep up the good work!

good point .............

Today I had amazing fun playing wasteland, and I kinda want to share this experience with you all. Some may call what I did was glitching, fair enough, but it was hellova fun and the server was basically empty. So what I did was I made a really nice skybase over the fields of polana.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5694/arma2oa2013012418215906.jpg (413 kB)

More images at the album: http://imageshack.us/g/1/9980847/

How I did it? Figure it out yourself, that was half the fun.

Me and my 2 friends were playing in wasteland #1 last night. We got a bit bored after losing 6k money and we tried the "flying deerstand".

After a few minutes i found myself 500000m outside the map and i aborted. Today i tried to connect the server and i got text saying "admin ban (flying deerstand).."

I know that doing the glitch was wrong and i have no problem getting punished for it but my question is: Is the ban permanent?

:yay::yay:

Me and my 2 friends were playing in wasteland #1 last night. We got a bit bored after losing 6k money and we tried the "flying deerstand".

After a few minutes i found myself 500000m outside the map and i aborted. Today i tried to connect the server and i got text saying "admin ban (flying deerstand).."

I know that doing the glitch was wrong and i have no problem getting punished for it but my question is: Is the ban permanent?

:yay::yay:

write your name in game

Today I had amazing fun playing wasteland, and I kinda want to share this experience with you all. Some may call what I did was glitching, fair enough, but it was hellova fun and the server was basically empty. So what I did was I made a really nice skybase over the fields of polana.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5694/arma2oa2013012418215906.jpg (413 kB)

More images at the album: http://imageshack.us/g/1/9980847/

How I did it? Figure it out yourself, that was half the fun.

yeah how did u done it?

A guy named "Venco" Blufor, our team, just shot our plane with 5 people inside just when it landed near our base with a rocket launcher and disconnected then. Just so you know, ain't got a screenshot but you can check the logs. Was on #6.

Greets, Bene

Edit: "ko0ma" just tked a teammate in my group, then told us that somebody shot him and that someone had to die for this. Also several insults took place. Edit #2: While I was writing this he killed me by moving around an object...

Edited by Bene
addition

A guy called 'Gamer' was sitting inside the wall on Kammeny Base appartments on server #7. As far as I'm aware this is illegal. Also, can this please be fixed? A wall right behind the stairs should do it and shouldn't be that hard to place.

Lots of players getting kicked on #6 for "Script Restriction #123" out of nowhere, me too. Started at around 18:45 CET

Right now, massive amounts of players are getting kicked for script restriction #123.

I got kicked, and when I tried rejoining, i would get to the town select screen, but any option I pressed would result in me spawning in that town, and then immediately getting kicked again. I did see something like a "3:45 delay" to the left of the town name (first and only time I've ever seen this) after I rejoined the first time.

(currently happening on #8)

EDIT: Just tried #9, and it's happening there too.