Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Sa-Matra, could you please consider removing the the bomb from the Retrieve Explosives Mission? I can't see where it could be used in a good way.

I say it because yesterday, we waste two hours building a base. Then a team mate thought it would be funny setting the bomb in the middle of the base. I don't need to say that every vehicle/building in a 100m radius was destroyed

This whole entire post is childish.

"Waahhh, My toys got messed up by a bully so let's change the game because of a bully... Waaah".

Skyline, you want to remove a "tool" that was used to decimate your base and time spent building the base by a retard (which SaMatra has no control of.. the retards) because YOU see no actual use for the tool because YOU don't use it and YOU don't want that to happen to YOU again.... however, there are more people who play the game than YOU.

As was said to you by TSAndrey, there are other "tools" that could have done exactly that to you as well. Satchels, kamikaze, tanks, etc etc etc... So by your logic... if some nimrod uses a "tool" to decimate your base that you spent time on... it needs to be removed if YOU see no actual use for it.

Ponder this... if there is a group of campers making a base and have fortified it pretty well... don't you think a bomb is the perfect tool to blow a hole in their fortification to allow your group / self access to their camp and to create confusion amongst the campers?

My analogy was to highlight the same outcome for your situation using other means. All it takes is one moron with a car to plow right over you and they can then take all your vehicles resulting in the same outcome.... you loose time and acquired assets due to some retard. I would know because it's happened to me on multiple occasions and is why I generally run indy now due to morons doing EXACTLY what they did to you. I've lost so many caches & vehicles due to some reject shooting me with the g17 just so they could hitch up all my vehicles and caches and run off with them... resulting in the same outcome you and your bud experienced. Just because you can't comprehend the analogy doesn't mean it's childish.

Childish is asking for something to be removed due to your own selfish viewpoint. You want to remove a tool that the rest of us decent players use properly because YOU don't see a use for it. I hope you understand what I'm saying as it's not meant to attack you, but rather to highlight your flawed logic.

nuff said?

Mofo, we need to remove guns, guns kill people.

Oh lawdy... now you're starting to sound like you're from the American Gooberment...... ;^) Don't get me started on those idiots.

Where you been BTW? Saw Nitrox & The other guy playing the other night but didn't see you get any kills or deaths... I was worried you were lurking. If no one is playing in our group tonight... I'll hop on your TS if y'all will be playing later this evening.

Lol methods. Guns dey bad! People teamkill me all day with them... Yo retarded person that wants bombs removed. Play indy. then you can't be team killed ;)

CPU is fine (Q9650), and with the new ATI 7950 ARMA flows just fine :) I played some PvP with some friends last night, mouse felt almost as direct as in Counter Strike, if you know what I mean :)

Lol, can't even imagine how much better the gameplay will be when I get my new rig. At the moment I'm getting 15-30 FPS. Also, seconding Duhoy's post about allowing the mods.

SaMatra, when will you update ur server for jsrs 1.5 support? Can't play on arma2.ru servers now, it kicks us from every server out there.

yeah jsrs 1.5 would be really nice :) i hope for it :)

been playing wasteland for a while now and the mod is awesome, but a few changes would be nice:

1)sniper classes shouldn't be given a ghillie suit. it just makes them ridiculously overpowered in PVP, and just makes base-sniping easier

2)sniper weapon in general should be greatly reduced. 95% of players should be using basic rifles/lmg's and shotguns. instead 95% are using sniper rifles. it completely kills the gameplay when the game boils down to a camp-fest.

3)thermal sights should be removed completely for obvious reasons

4)it'd be nice if vehicles/base supplies and weapons in general were harder to come by. force people to work together because right now lone-wolfing is too easy. find a single car and you have both transportation and weaponry. there's really no reason to work with other people

5)small bugs - like disabled vehicles being accessible and having their weaponry full intact. it seems like every game some players just hops in a tank turret and kills everyone that actually bothers fixing it. the only way to deal with the situation is to destroy the tank

Love the mod! Two suggestions:

1. The number of mission objectives should scale with the number of players. There are long periods where there are no objectives available because they are getting claimed so quickly, this is especially a problem on larger servers. The lack of objectives does create a sort of exclusiveness, and encourages crews to clash over the limited number of objectives, however it would be nice if at any given point there were 2 objectives I could choose to travel too so that one crew with a helicopter cannot monopolize the entire map.

2. Reduce or remove night. It is just not as fun at night. I have not once seen someone say "lets wait till night to attack their base", it is usually "it is night on the US server, lets switch to the EU server". A number of DayZ servers have moved to day-only.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this. We all love wasteland.

But, could you make the time between missions shorter? As lux said, on bigger servers it becomes a problem.

Found 2 AS50 TWS rifles after killing two e0s clan members on server #9, at 4:45am PT.

I believe it was e0s Speddy and e0s SilkyDrop that I killed, at least they were the only e0s guys online 10min after I blew up their BTR-60.

I'm reporting this because I thought the TWS weapons were removed.

I am carrying it around right now if you want to come in and confirm.

I also found $5500 on each of their bodies, as well as about 9 5/5 NATO mags.

Hello,

Due to working full time, I am having difficulty contacting someone concerning a ban that was delivered to me on CodeFourGaming's #8 server @ 4:30-5:30pm CST on 01/15/2013, administrated by Su-Matra while I was streaming and recording. Most of the Teamspeak communication that I was able to take care of during my free time yesterday had me go from CodeFourGaming's TS to the ARMA2.ru's TS, speaking with a Garrett_91, who also was not able to stay online until SuMatra appeared

I believe this to be an error, and would like to do whatever it takes to get this resolved. To help, I have a link of my stream while playing (twitch.tv/djresonance1979/b/357369515 ; I have to remove the URL tag, as this is my first post.) which shows the ban being automatically delivered at the 8:31 mark. Servers #8, 9, and 10 are the ones that I play and stream from 90% of the time, so it is very important to me to get this resolved.

I apologize if this is in the wrong location, as I have searched the web for a specific ARMA2.ru forum site to post this in, and could not find one. If by chance there is, please let me know and I will take this to the proper location.

Thank you for your time,

DJResonance

DirtNapGaming dot Com

Time for lots of responses

No... that's good. The mod is still in "BETA" status if I remember correctly and it doesn't make sense to distribute beta code and listen to the world QQ how "This doesn't work" or "That should be done". Hence... "BETA".

If I remember correctly from this very thread, he stated he WOULD release the files when he is satisfied with the end product but don't quote me on that. Until then... enjoy his work and help improve it by adding useful suggestions and feedback.

Correct, I don't want to release mission at the moment because of it being incomplete. 404 releasing code (including my code) showed what it ends up with: tons of different imbalanced versions.

I WANNA TRY THAT :D Seriously, can I try this in some offline mission or other game mode? Don't want to get banned, bud would sure like to see that :D

Deer stand flying gets detected on our servers and its against rules to abuse it, please don't even attempt to do it.

I had the pleasure of driving and gunning a T-55 around for a few hours on #6 today. Needless to say, that thing is fucking OP as hell.

You are second guy in history who won it off a snowman. Surprisingly first T-55 was won just an our after snowman's update

ok first:

i really like playing it :) its so much fun

but there is one thing u should change:

its really bad that u can tow an ammo truck to an btr or other armed vehicles ... that means unlimited ammo.... thats not that nice ...

also i would like to have more hardcore servers on other maps such as fallujah or lingor.

especially fallujah would be really awsome :D

APCs already have lots of ammo, BRDM-2 for instance has 500 KPVT and 1500 PKT rounds, that's more than enough to kill everything on server. By the way, rearming mid-air with helicopter was disabled with one of last updates so no more helis with unlimited rockets

Actually, has the T-55 been added as an armored vehicle mission spawn?

Snowman prize

Sa-Matra, could you please consider removing the the bomb from the Retrieve Explosives Mission? I can't see where it could be used in a good way.

I say it because yesterday, we waste two hours building a base. Then a team mate thought it would be funny setting the bomb in the middle of the base. I don't need to say that every vehicle/building in a 100m radius was destroyed

Thanks for report and suggestion, makes sense, we'll consider to re-balance it. Also probably will add some sort of notification to players nearby that bomb was placed. In case of such teamkills make sure to report to admins in TS, we'll find out who did it and they'll get permabanned (I think that bomb teamkiller guy was banned because of such report)

Sa-Matra or Admins,

This is a bug report announcing the differences in day and night on the servers. It states 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night yet I feel that is switched. It seems it has been 3 hours of night and 1 hour of day.

Thanks for an awesome game!

Known problem, was addressed in v13++++ and v13+++++, please let me know if new day\night cycle works better now

SaMatra, when will you update ur server for jsrs 1.5 support? Can't play on arma2.ru servers now, it kicks us from every server out there.

I'm not using any addons myself, thanks for letting me know, I'll check into it

been playing wasteland for a while now and the mod is awesome, but a few changes would be nice:

1)sniper classes shouldn't be given a ghillie suit. it just makes them ridiculously overpowered in PVP, and just makes base-sniping easier

2)sniper weapon in general should be greatly reduced. 95% of players should be using basic rifles/lmg's and shotguns. instead 95% are using sniper rifles. it completely kills the gameplay when the game boils down to a camp-fest.

3)thermal sights should be removed completely for obvious reasons

4)it'd be nice if vehicles/base supplies and weapons in general were harder to come by. force people to work together because right now lone-wolfing is too easy. find a single car and you have both transportation and weaponry. there's really no reason to work with other people

5)small bugs - like disabled vehicles being accessible and having their weaponry full intact. it seems like every game some players just hops in a tank turret and kills everyone that actually bothers fixing it. the only way to deal with the situation is to destroy the tank

Thanks for feedback.

1) Not sure about that, but we might add switchable skins in long run (don't expect it anytime soon, there are much more stuff with higher priority)

2) Good suggestion, I get it quite often, I will consider to re-balance weapon spawns.

3) Already removed, the only ones left are ATGMs, Laser marker and vehicles with TWS (TWS guns are still on Utes though)

4) Thanks for suggestion, base parts\equipment spawns are subject to change

5) Well its how ArmA works, don't think that we should change it. Always carry RPG-18 with you ($400 in gun store) You are not allowed to get into "Capture Vehicle" vehicle unless you refuel it though.

Love the mod! Two suggestions:

1. The number of mission objectives should scale with the number of players. There are long periods where there are no objectives available because they are getting claimed so quickly, this is especially a problem on larger servers. The lack of objectives does create a sort of exclusiveness, and encourages crews to clash over the limited number of objectives, however it would be nice if at any given point there were 2 objectives I could choose to travel too so that one crew with a helicopter cannot monopolize the entire map.

2. Reduce or remove night. It is just not as fun at night. I have not once seen someone say "lets wait till night to attack their base", it is usually "it is night on the US server, lets switch to the EU server". A number of DayZ servers have moved to day-only.

Thanks for feedback.

1) v12-v13 (without +es) had mission delay changed according to players count, it didn't work to well from our experience, it didn't let players take a break between missions which works against players having other activities (making bases for example)

2) Already done, night should be much shorter now, will appreciate if you could test it and let me know what you think (any Chernarus server)

Found 2 AS50 TWS rifles after killing two e0s clan members on server #9, at 4:45am PT.

I believe it was e0s Speddy and e0s SilkyDrop that I killed, at least they were the only e0s guys online 10min after I blew up their BTR-60.

I'm reporting this because I thought the TWS weapons were removed.

I am carrying it around right now if you want to come in and confirm.

I also found $5500 on each of their bodies, as well as about 9 5/5 NATO mags.

AS50 TWS were cheated in, we caught few guys, might be ones that you mentioned. Next versions will have better protection against such acts, thanks for your reports.

Where is that Takistan server? :X

Soon... (when v14 is done)

Hello,

Due to working full time, I am having difficulty contacting someone concerning a ban that was delivered to me on CodeFourGaming's #8 server @ 4:30-5:30pm CST on 01/15/2013, administrated by Su-Matra while I was streaming and recording. Most of the Teamspeak communication that I was able to take care of during my free time yesterday had me go from CodeFourGaming's TS to the ARMA2.ru's TS, speaking with a Garrett_91, who also was not able to stay online until SuMatra appeared

I believe this to be an error, and would like to do whatever it takes to get this resolved. To help, I have a link of my stream while playing (twitch.tv/djresonance1979/b/357369515 ; I have to remove the URL tag, as this is my first post.) which shows the ban being automatically delivered at the 8:31 mark. Servers #8, 9, and 10 are the ones that I play and stream from 90% of the time, so it is very important to me to get this resolved.

I apologize if this is in the wrong location, as I have searched the web for a specific ARMA2.ru forum site to post this in, and could not find one. If by chance there is, please let me know and I will take this to the proper location.

Thank you for your time,

DJResonance

DirtNapGaming dot Com

Thanks for report and sorry for being wrongfully banned. There was a cheater attack recently which caused players being kicked with gamehack message and unfortunately our anti-cheat setup automatically permabans anyone with such kick reason. I want to say a big thanks for you for video evidence, it helps us a ton. We'll try to get you unbanned ASAP.

---

Tons of stuff happening, sorry for slow responses here on forums and not being on TS recently, i'm trying to multi-task everything. v14 is being worked on and hopefully will be done before weekend. Thank you.

Thanks for report and sorry for being wrongfully banned. There was a cheater attack recently which caused players being kicked with gamehack message and unfortunately our anti-cheat setup automatically permabans anyone with such kick reason. I want to say a big thanks for you for video evidence, it helps us a ton. We'll try to get you unbanned ASAP.

---

Tons of stuff happening, sorry for slow responses here on forums and not being on TS recently, i'm trying to multi-task everything. v14 is being worked on and hopefully will be done before weekend. Thank you.

No worries! I've been persuing every avenue to my disposal to reach someone, so you might see some duplication on this issue. I apologize in advance for that.

Thank you for your time. :)

WB SaMatra...

Hope you got some rest or a lil R&R...

In V14...

Group Management:

1. Has the bug been addressed where a non group member is assigned group leader when the actual group leader DC's?

2. Has the bug been addressed where players must remake the group because other players do not get invites?

Day / Night cycle:

1. The day night cycle is much better now... but still somewhat buggy as sometimes the time switch can jump 6 hours ahead from night to day. (for me at least)

Balancing:

1. Per the reply about the bomb... it will only be "teammates" who receive the notification about the bomb... correct? I use the bomb quite often when I sneak into others bases to destroy their assets. It would render the bomb quite useless for them to be notified they are about to be blown up. (Just looking for clarity on your previous post)

2. Towing the ammo truck with vehicles that can be refilled... possible to restrict this to eliminate de facto unlimited ammo train? This would make the ammo trucks a prized possession and much more coveted.

Dev-Heaven:

1. Have you given thought to the suggestion of setting up a Dev-Heaven page to track bug reports and used as a central place to disseminate information?

-----

Glad to have you back man... was starting to worry about you. ;) Didn't mean to drop you right in the middle of the conversation the other day, had a client that went crazy that day and I had to address them immediately. Excuse my manors.

Edited by _Mofo_
New Suggestion

Havok34 just tried to teamkill a bunch of people and a chopper by flailing a static around after he was denied a chopper that wasn't even his. Admins might wanna keep an eye on him.

Bob Lee Swagger(or similar) also ran into a Opfor base, went straight for the radar and turned it off. Then a bunch of Indies instantly rushed the area. Bit too convenient imho. Recommend eyes kept on him as well.

Havok and some Taylor then stole a Heli from our base. They crashed, then Scopez came and took our repair truck and just ran off.

We may be on the same team, but just grabbing assets that your teammates are using is pretty much griefing imo.

On #8.

Edited by Zrix

Just like to report Havok34 and Taylor have been griefing on #8, Havok34 tried to TK with a static a Helo full of Opfor forcing a TK on him, Taylor started shooting out peoples legs also forcing a TK in self defence. Later they both returned to the base and after being told not to take a Helo they had no claim to tried to steal said helo and got gunned down as a result. Just thought someone might like to know this.

Hehe Munchy, seems like you described a situation where a bunch of guys were selfish and TK'd guys for taking "their" stuff ;)

The way I see it, if you want stuff for yourself, go with independents. If you go with a team, you should share the toys.