Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Can someone direct me to a direction where i can get myself unbanned, ( i wasnt banned by admin or cheating, i dont know why im banned)

posted here earlyer, nothing happened. Who do i need to contact?

Man if only it wasn't so dead on the US servers these days...

25 people max of late.

You had 2 hackers on this server that ruined it this morning! SKiller and Hatschie

Im not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

When i first tried to connect to these Sandbox servers i played around few minutes and got kicked.

i tried to reconnect but i was banned.

some time later i tried connecting another Sandbox server, withing seconds i was kicked, and banned.

Some messages just say that im banned, some say somehting about gamehack 77, whatever that is.

I dont have these problems in any other servers and i can assure you i have not used cheats or hacks in wasteland EVER!

i would not post this, but my friend "Skeetsi" says that these sandbox servers are quite good and allow making teams even when independent.

So, how should i/we go about this, i want to be unbanned but that is where i need your help.

Likely you were auto-banned because battleye detected something. I'll talk to our sysadmin but I don't think that there is much we can do, majority of players (well, pretty much most of them) never get these gamehack kicks while you had it.

On US #8 and #9 it appears that night time actually lasts 3 hours and day time lasts 1 hour. I think it should be flipped.
WTF is up with the time on the server? It's night almost all the time! Isn't it supposed to be 3 hours day and 1 hour night?! Everytime I play it's FREAKIN night!!! I can deal with it once in a while, but it's annoying. I can't shoot anyone while it's night!

Problem is known, thanks for feedback, will be addressed soon.

I got kicked from #2 server earlier today by Battleye for CreateVehicle.

I chose independent > Priest unit > Start

Before I got into the game I got a Battleye kick message.

On the server list screen I could see I was a seagull.

Anyway I joined a next server and it was fine.

There is nothing special in CreateVehicle #1 kick, sometimes ArmA creates SeaGull for no reason and we have a filter against it. Just join again.

Hello.

I've been playing wasteland for a while now, and I do play a lot with friends and in groups. But I have an annoying problem that I need some help with.

To view teammates names I have to press the windows key. But I use the SteelSeries 6gv2

From SteelSeries:

Is there any way I can bind it to something else? Or is this something the mod creator has to do?

Thank you.

I'll look into this problem and see if something can be done here.

not sure about "on the hive" or "youtuber", but in case of drastic amount of cheating on arma2.ru servers and below-zero ability to detect/identify person involved, admins tend to start kicking "unfamilar people" more and more without further variants until something changes. i know its rude, but they had some points in that.

What the hell are you talking about? Kicking unfamilar people? Bullcrap.

Is this really a problem? We've been playing countless of hours on a 404games Wasteland Takistan server and no one has ever been confused by the food and water models in the buildings (never seen anyone mention it in chat either). The 60 player server is always packed with people hammering to get in, and it's great action being had on that map.

Takistan is coming next week.

Please ban this teamkiller named Scarfatze! We were all in BLUFOR, and he killed all 3 of us while we were driving!

Please report server number as well, such teamkills deserve a permaban.

How come in Wasteland I get like 13-25 FPS on a good day however in regular Arma 2 OA and in DayZ I get 45-60?

Objects and vehicles in Wasteland. Thousand of objects and vehicles. Objects and vehicles everywhere.

Also read and noted other posts, would like not to respond considering new functionality at the moment. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Man if only it wasn't so dead on the US servers these days...

25 people max of late.

Hm? US servers were full so we had to open #10 recently. Will probably get full again in several hours.

You had 2 hackers on this server that ruined it this morning! SKiller and Hatschie

Server number? Time? Details of what happened, why do you think they cheated?

It was both on #6 (not sure about the teamkiller though). Both hackers had godmode and aimbot! One of them ate 6 sniper bullets just so he can "snipe" us 600 m away with an LMG! Everyone on the admin was calling for an admin and wanted them banned!

yesterday on arma2.ru us#9 server, ive died by nothing again. Me and my buddy, went into gun store at Prigorodki, was midnight. Ive entered gun store, buddy was behind me and as ive tried to check the chest inside garage, me and him got hurt by nothing, ive got broken legs, i tried to crawl away and then died by nothing. It said "user was killed". Ive told that in global channel, some players reported having same issue, and thats not a hacker. This is second time, im dying by nothing, there is some serious bug, which causes lethal for some reason.

He has to be in town before you reach the spawn selection screen. You'll have to respawn in case he's not there in time.

Yeah,but if he is there and no ennemies around but still not showing , all he has to do is getting in a vehicle inside the town and get out and boom then you can spawn :D

yesterday on arma2.ru us#9 server, ive died by nothing again. Me and my buddy, went into gun store at Prigorodki, was midnight. Ive entered gun store, buddy was behind me and as ive tried to check the chest inside garage, me and him got hurt by nothing, ive got broken legs, i tried to crawl away and then died by nothing. It said "user was killed". Ive told that in global channel, some players reported having same issue, and thats not a hacker. This is second time, im dying by nothing, there is some serious bug, which causes lethal for some reason.

Yeah it's been said before that this is because you get too close to a demolished building that keeps outputting damage even afterwards. So stay away from houses that have been blown up. Definitely don't run over the ruins. The damage and death doesn't seem to kick in immediately either, but happens a while later which makes it even more confusing.

Just want to report there was a clan running around on server #5 or #6, cant remember which one, they were constantly on global screaming, swearing, playing music. Next to that they were putting up racism jokes and lines in global chat.

An admin took note of it and temp banned them from the server. Is there any way to get those guys off permanently?

Few names I can remember:

[bAM]Metalhead

[bAM]Combine

[bAM] ? Chriss

There were 2 or 3 others but cant remember those names.

Yeah it's been said before that this is because you get too close to a demolished building that keeps outputting damage even afterwards. So stay away from houses that have been blown up. Definitely don't run over the ruins. The damage and death doesn't seem to kick in immediately either, but happens a while later which makes it even more confusing.

oh? Hmm thats weird, at least didnt happen in other arma missions. Perhaps it's because of custom building.

[/color]

Hm? US servers were full so we had to open #10 recently. Will probably get full again in several hours.

Yea turned out that there was a guy teleporting people to him and killing them, which killed the server for a few hours, happened again last night too, (server 8) shot a guy who was going for a chopper, he then teleported back, and fully refueld the chopper, and tried to take off, I rocketed him, he died, then he raged and teleported everyone to him killing them. Server went from full to empty in a matter of 20 minutes (player name was Drake)

Btw. I can't seem to punish players for teamkilling me, but they can punish me if I strike back. WTF?! And how long will I be stuck with being Independent just for killing a douchebag that killed me? He leaves with no punishement, and I'm stuck with Independent?

Edited by TSAndrey

press P in game, select any of players nick, click on mute. Enjoy ;)

Walking around long enough to know thats possible, they "type" racism stuff in global.

Hello.

I am an very active Wasteland player and posted this post already in the russian wasteland forums, because i thought that may be the official one.

While Sa-matra already replied, and gave me the link to this thread, i still would like to see some feedback about my ideas that could enhance the game of Wasteland.

Just have a look at the spoiler and tell me what you think. If people like it Sa Matra might even consider using them, who knows...

Regards

Hello.

I hope it is allowed to post in ENglish around here, otherwise i wouldn't know how to reach the people in charge with my idea, while i am not able to send a private message unless i started posting something on these forums.

I am part of a group of 7 guys that plays Wasteland regulary, like every day the last 3 weeks for at least 6 up to 9 hours straight, and we just thought about some improvements that the game really could benefit from. (while it doesn't have to benefit from anything because it is popular as hell already - awesome job btw!)

So, the first point is an idea i came up with, that would lead the game away from clusterfuck cities like novy sobor or guglovo.

Custom User Missions

Right now, there is no real point in building a base anywhere that is not one of like 6 key points that really make sense because people will drive by that point sometime, because they have to pass that point.

So the idea would be, to find something that leads away from these key points, to make it more attractive to have a hidden base somewhere without dying of boredom because noone comes around.

While we have that neat little player menu already, implementing this feature would be kinda easy i think.

I thought about the possibility to create your own group missions, like the armored vehicle, aircraft wreck, geo cache missions, but you can specify the location, the rewards and the description yourself.

ofcourse you would have to meet some requirements, like being in a group of atleast x players etc.

you could choose from several different map markers (if that's possible), specify a name, type in a little description and then "tag" some things you would like to offer as a reward (like an ammo truck, that would show up when the mission gets transmitted to everyone - this would be there to make such a mission attractive, and the tagging would basically make sure that you don't make empty promises - if that item is destroyed, the mission will be a fail)

that way you could build some sick ass base somewhere (also without being disturbed every 2 seconds) wherever you like, and then specify that point (probably with an item you would have to find first, like an transmitting beacon (radar like))

Except this time, there are no bots guarding it, there is your group of players.

Ofcourse the defenders would need some kind of advantage, due to possibly like 50 players storming onto 10, they should be able to like, respawn 2 times in the beacon zone or something.

Item Balance (High/Low End Gear and Base Building Stuff)

in our opinion there is way too much of the high end gear spawning in random, lower class cars.

Realism is not the main goal of wasteland, sure, but it is rather annoying to have someone run on your base several times and then luckily find an KSVK or as50 or something like that in an tractor or whatever that wipes you out with ease. What would be the point in storing better weaposn and havin an advantage if you get lucky.

if possible it would be good to make the cars that spawn designate the possible weapon's that can spawn inside, like an military ural might have better and/or more gear (due to being an ural), an humvee would have even better stuff while these old hatchbacks only can have AK´s and shit.

The items for base building also should be kinda more balanced in the amount they spawn in the world. Like, ladders give the game a huge possibility in erradicating "standard positions" because you could get on top of buildings and shit. i have seen exactly 1 ladder in the last 3 weeks of gaming and that is just not enough.

Also more common empty weapon caches would be cool, where you can store ofcourse your weapons in and possibly player menu items, like money, fuel cans, repair kits etc.

It is a pain in the ass to search for things because they spawn randomly.

We really have fun in base building and even plan our bases in the 3D editor of arma, so our bases need an fixed amount H Barriers, Long Walls, Sniper Towers, Bunkers and Depot´s - but finding the necessary things is just pure luck.

So while they can spawn randomly, having fixed spawn points for some things would be awesome. Let's say you can find deer stands in the lumber mill (due to it being out of wood?) the scaffolds on structural work buildings, H-Barriers in military areas and sniper towers probably on hills, in woods etc.

Basically so, that you have a point to look first for the items you need (there would be usually more than one, probably even some crates (non movable crates!) that would have them in it!)

Also we need Gates! There are some items ingame that can function as gates, so if they would be able to be locked (not lock for picking them up, lock and open the gate itself) so only your group is able to access that gate. They would be non-destroyable, at least not by normal cars like simple walls or fences.

And "Special Items"! would be cool if there were more of them, like spotlights, these half-barrel tents and things like that. i know they are rare because they are special, but we need kinda more of them!

The Snowman Gambling

The Snowman Gambling, while we just discovered it 2 days ago, is just an really cool addition to the game, and it would be cool to keep it in the game beyond the snow "event" that sure is going to end some time.

I have no idea how, you would obviously have to use something different then snowmen..

you could use corpses (there are some "awesome" ones, like from hanged men etc..) that could spawn at trees and then you could use your luck on the "heirloom" of these great soldiers or some fancy shit like that.

Whatever you do, just keep it in the game, it is a fun little way to get something cool.

Classes and Characters

There are so many possibilities for character classes that have something unique, so it would be pretty cool to have more of tusable things to do with character classes.

Ideas could be gathered from polls about that question.

Bugs and Fixes

Last but not least there are some, i guess pretty well known bugs, like carried items that kill players if you touch them with the item. Minus-kills for independent players in the scoreboard (make a seperate scoreboard, debug monitor like from dayZ?) Cars on grass that are way to slow, others way too fast. Things like that will be known already, but fixes for those would be pretty nice.

Thank you for Possibly Reading this and keep up the good work on Wasteland!

oh? Hmm thats weird, at least didnt happen in other arma missions. Perhaps it's because of custom building.

That has been a bug in DayZ as well. For some reason building are hole but still broken at the same time. It sometimes shows you a frame (on monitor) of a whole house/building

Dy/Night cycle still not working as intended?

Btw please Ban Eddan/Motorxdriver from #1 .. These idiots kept TK'ing for ages, killed me and my friends for Vehicles/breaking our legs etc... both got kicked for 2 many TK's in the end.. couple of douche bags. GMT 6pm-6.45

Cheers SaMatra for this fantastic mission!

But PLEASE fix the day/night cycle. I know that you wrote it'll come next patch, but can you give you an ETA or perhaps hotfix the servers? It's been so frustrating to play almost exclusively in the dark.

Hi I just started playing Wasteland today and it was fine for a few hours but all of the sudden I started getting some stuttering. Like ever 10-15 seconds it drops 5-6 frames for a second and goes back to normal. I don't understand this because I play everything else on arma with no stuttering, it's just wasteland. It actually seems to stutter more on the ARMA2.RU servers.

my specs:

Asus M5A99x Evo Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHZ Six Core

Windows 7 64 Bit.

It was fine for a few hours but all of the sudden I started getting some stuttering.

Ahh I know just the solution.

When it starts stuttering hold Left Shift+Minus on Numberpad for a few seconds then type flush. Clears your video memory.

Ahh I know just the solution.

When it starts stuttering hold Left Shift+Minus on Numberpad for a few seconds then type flush. Clears your video memory.

Yeah I have tried that. When ever I join a wasteland server it starts th stutter after about a minute and a half of being on it.

Hi I just started playing Wasteland today and it was fine for a few hours but all of the sudden I started getting some stuttering. Like ever 10-15 seconds it drops 5-6 frames for a second and goes back to normal. I don't understand this because I play everything else on arma with no stuttering, it's just wasteland. It actually seems to stutter more on the ARMA2.RU servers.

my specs:

Asus M5A99x Evo Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHZ Six Core

Windows 7 64 Bit.

AMAGAD.. ha this has been driving me insane... Glad im not the only one, its like the game sticks for 0.5 secs every 5 secs. Really fustrating, I used to get it hit and miss in DayZ, although has recently started again on WL.. Not sure if its my end or server side. I recently updated my MB bios/cleaned up pc, so not sure if that caused it..