Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

So, can someone explain to me why a certain admin on the hive is going around banning people for insulting a certain youtuber?

not sure about "on the hive" or "youtuber", but in case of drastic amount of cheating on arma2.ru servers and below-zero ability to detect/identify person involved, admins tend to start kicking "unfamilar people" more and more without further variants until something changes. i know its rude, but they had some points in that.

WTF is up with the time on the server? It's night almost all the time! Isn't it supposed to be 3 hours day and 1 hour night?! Everytime I play it's FREAKIN night!!! I can deal with it once in a while, but it's annoying. I can't shoot anyone while it's night!

WTF is up with the time on the server? It's night almost all the time! Isn't it supposed to be 3 hours day and 1 hour night?! Everytime I play it's FREAKIN night!!! I can deal with it once in a while, but it's annoying. I can't shoot anyone while it's night!

Yeah all Arma.RU servers seem to be ~3hours Night and 1hour day, getting a bit boring tbh. Please fix.

Also I would like to suggest that on Opfor/Bluefor you can see teammates on the map not just group members, if you have a mute team it is quite hard to communicate in order to assist/team up for objectives, if you know where they are on the map that would stimulate team work imo. Sometimes there is a lack of missions present, or one that are the opposite side of map and by the time you get there its finished, having 2+ constantly would be cool.

Otherwise love your version of Wasteland :)

NVG's.... just sayin

NVG's.... just sayin

What if all gunshops have enemies or wars around them? It's not that easy to find NVG's! As I said, I can deal with night sometimes, but it's night almost all the time!!

night vision is probably the easiest shit to find ever.

It's easy to find sure, but the game gets garish quick when everything is a freaking shade of green lol.

0c344b8b1c1017bfa25eef1065508d07.png

^Saw this last night!^

WIth a bit of luck I will have a server soon, hopefully no more mashing enter to join the server and waiting for ten minutes for an indy slot :p

WIth a bit of luck I will have a server soon, hopefully no more mashing enter to join the server and waiting for ten minutes for an indy slot :p

#1... who you calling "laggy"? :P

#2... I sure hope you get a server, can't wait to hunt you in your own house.

#3... Given all circumstances, if possible... I may be willing to split the costs with you if need be and circumstances allow me to.

#4... Dude, if you jump on TS... give me a poke to see if I'm there. I saw you and Freedom join yesterday but you both bailed out before I could grab you.

------

@ Sa-Matra

I know I detailed this for you on TS, but I'll re-post it here so that it's documented and (A) doesn't get forgotten & (B) can spur further discussion on the matter.

The indy team ROLES (the number of roles) should equal the total server player count (number of players the server can handle).

The logic...

As has been mentioned by MixedMethods, there are times when players join the server to team up with their buds and play against the entire server but the roles have all been taken on the indy team (current cap is 40 roles). That means that the player either has to (A) wait in the lobby for a role to open up OR (B) join the static teams and wait for a role then teamkill their way to the indy team.

the static teams could still be capped at 40/40 while the indy team could carry enough roles to accommodate the entire server if need be. (say 75 roles)

This would help to reduce punished force moves (teamkilling) and at the same time add the chance of some really intense fighting as running as indy allows you to attack more people in the server and thus more action.

Edited by _Mofo_

Gaaaaaaaah,.

Edited by MixedMethods
Replied twice, fantastic, this one didn't show up for ten minutes. =.=

Most likely. We still try to find a way to make Takistan into Wasteland. The biggest problem is that each buliding on Takistan has built-in models of our food and water, you can't delete them without deleting entire house:

We have few ideas about this though and it might become playable one day.

Is this really a problem? We've been playing countless of hours on a 404games Wasteland Takistan server and no one has ever been confused by the food and water models in the buildings (never seen anyone mention it in chat either). The 60 player server is always packed with people hammering to get in, and it's great action being had on that map.

We'd rather play a Sa-Matra version because of the groups and overall better balance. 404games are trying to implement groups, and are testing it, but I don't have faith they will be able to pull it off properly, by the look of how things are going right now.

Ahaha, hey Mofo

#1... who you calling "laggy"? :P

#2... I sure hope you get a server, can't wait to hunt you in your own house.

#3... Given all circumstances, if possible... I may be willing to split the costs with you if need be and circumstances allow me to.

#4... Dude, if you jump on TS... give me a poke to see if I'm there. I saw you and Freedom join yesterday but you both bailed out before I could grab you.

1. Not yourself! Just a few people out on the West Coast have issues time to time to EU servers :)

2. Let the games begin!

3. That would be brilliant, the more people that chip the longer we can have it I reckon :)

4. I will try but we have our own TS and a skype chat going so we jump straight on that, plus we need privs and all that to change room on your TS :P. And besides, if we played with you all the time then there'd be no threat! Only lost one heli to a player and that's you lol

@ Sa-Matra

I know I detailed this for you on TS, but I'll re-post it here so that it's documented and (A) doesn't get forgotten & (B) can spur further discussion on the matter.

The indy team ROLES (the number of roles) should equal the total server player count (number of players the server can handle).

The logic...

As has been mentioned by MixedMethods, there are times when players join the server to team up with their buds and play against the entire server but the roles have all been taken on the indy team (current cap is 40 roles). That means that the player either has to (A) wait in the lobby for a role to open up OR (B) join the static teams and wait for a role then teamkill their way to the indy team.

the static teams could still be capped at 40/40 while the indy team could carry enough roles to accommodate the entire server if need be. (say 75 roles)

This would help to reduce punished force moves (teamkilling) and at the same time add the chance of some really intense fighting as running as indy allows you to attack more people in the server and thus more action.

In addition to that the group size should be limited, to avoid any one team dominating the server, which is why I believe all the groups were limited to 40 before. Perhaps 20-30 limit would be appropriate as teams that are in groups tend to be better organised.

Only lost one heli to a player and that's you lol

AWWWEEEE.... man hugs >(-_0)<

In addition to that the group size should be limited, to avoid any one team dominating the server, which is why I believe all the groups were limited to 40 before. Perhaps 20-30 limit would be appropriate as teams that are in groups tend to be better organised.

I never even thought about the size of groups and how that could impact things... but you're on target with limiting the size of groups. I could only imagine if we had 25 in our group... the rage quitting would be of epic proportions. We do enough damage in a group of 8 or so.

P.s... remind me next time to get your TS info so I can bookmark it. Also, I'll set your perms. the next time you're on with us so you can move about. We just had to many nitwitts that we'd join for the evening and they believed it was their TS to use anytime they wanted from then on.

not sure about "on the hive" or "youtuber", but in case of drastic amount of cheating on arma2.ru servers and below-zero ability to detect/identify person involved, admins tend to start kicking "unfamilar people" more and more without further variants until something changes. i know its rude, but they had some points in that.

Let me put it this way. A group of users were abusing a fanboy of a certain Youtuber whose callsign is 42 (the same user who when streaming always gets an admin to lock the server, thus preventing people from joining). I joined in on the abuse, poking fun at the said fanboy.

Next day I try to join. "You have been banned: Reason: Admin ban".

Nice to see butt hurt Sacriel is making Arma2.RU his personal stomping ground. What next? Can't join unless you're a donator to his stream?

Would be fantastic to buy vehicles and tanks beside the weapons.. Of course just for a "realistic" price. ;)

How probable is such a feature down the road?

Sa-Matra, night lasts way too long. All the time I see people complaining about night on sidechat too.

LET THERE BE LIGHT SA-MATRA!

Please ban this teamkiller named Scarfatze! We were all in BLUFOR, and he killed all 3 of us while we were driving!

So, can someone explain to me why a certain admin on the hive is going around banning people for insulting a certain youtuber?

I know.. You should know as well... Search your heart luke you know the answer... :P

But truthfully! What did you expect?

Sa-matra

I started playing wasteland,and i really enjoy it a lot ... i even think that warfare missions should have been done the same way :D

What i really want to see is persistent databases like in dayz to save people's things,at least on arma2.ru servers !

I am not sure if this has been said before,but when i my team mate is in a town and i want to spawn to him,he needs to get into a vehicle of the town and get out before i can get the spawn !

What i really want to see is persistent databases like in dayz to save people's things,at least on arma2.ru servers !

Saving people's stuff, how would that work? I think there's no point in saving gear and player location, but saving bases... now that's another thing.

I am not sure if this has been said before,but when i my team mate is in a town and i want to spawn to him,he needs to get into a vehicle of the town and get out before i can get the spawn !

He has to be in town before you reach the spawn selection screen. You'll have to respawn in case he's not there in time.

Saving people's stuff, how would that work? I think there's no point in saving gear and player location, but saving bases... now that's another thing.

Why not save players gear until the restart? It's kinda stupid that you work hard to build a base or buy gear, and a simple disconnect ruins it. The restart would wipe your character/bases, but atleast until the restart it would be saved. That way it wouldn't save for long, but atleast it would be saved for a while

Why not save players gear until the restart? It's kinda stupid that you work hard to build a base or buy gear, and a simple disconnect ruins it. The restart would wipe your character/bases, but atleast until the restart it would be saved. That way it wouldn't save for long, but atleast it would be saved for a while

I like the idea of a continuous game even after restart.

But isn't the reason for a restart regaining server-performance; and isn't it necessary for this that everything is tabula rasa again?

And what about saving stuff after player-disconnect? I think a disconnect should be still like a normal death in future.

In this case, the player can just put all his stuff into a box and hope, everything is still at the same place next time ;)

Edited by Sagehorn

How come in Wasteland I get like 13-25 FPS on a good day however in regular Arma 2 OA and in DayZ I get 45-60?

How come in Wasteland I get like 13-25 FPS on a good day however in regular Arma 2 OA and in DayZ I get 45-60?

Much more effects, players, explosions, vehicles, missions?

Arma 2 in singleplayer has much more effects, explosions, vehicles and it does all the AI calculations on your own CPU which is even more intensive yet it still runs better than Wasteland. Arma 2 multiplayer also runs better.