Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

We where playing on #2. virtually every Helo mission was an harrier.. We stashed one in our base.. Nothing much you can do with it.. :) Ammo trucks are such rarity these days.

And we found 3 Repair urals, had 2 on base.. planted a mine under the third..

Yeah there was a bug which always spawned Harriers on Capture Heli missions. Already fixed.

I am on Server 1, There is a player on Blufor who is killing team mates and getting away with it then stealing their guns. He shoots them with a pistol till their legs break then waits till they respawn and steals their weapons. he is also telling opfor players in russian where Blufor players are making it near impossible to do anything. His in game name is NOSITEL. He only speaks russian but i have been translating to see him tell opfor what to do. So please handle this ASAP. Thanks!! Love the game!

For urgent help please join TS and ask somebody there to help.

I used to play as BLUFOR on #1 but I got tired of random Russians coming to our base and just teamkilling everyone. Also, OPFOR attacked us always after these incidents. Not fishy at all, eh? That's why I'm mostly independent these days.

I used to play as BLUFOR on #1 but I got tired of random Russians coming to our base and just teamkilling everyone. Also, OPFOR attacked us always after these incidents. Not fishy at all, eh? That's why I'm mostly independent these days.

Report the teamkills, don't leave it as it is!

Fair enough on the C130's but I'm sure I could land it without an airstrip ;) I'm just bored of the An-2 MAYBE a little bit of variety there?

Fair enough on the C130's but I'm sure I could land it without an airstrip ;) I'm just bored of the An-2 MAYBE a little bit of variety there?

Yeah but you wouldn't be able to take off afterwards.

back to delayed player menu, and black screen, i do play with just JSRS mod without CBA's, and everything works like charm. So i would recommend everyone to get this sound mod here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11549, you can really hear the difference.

So it works fine without CBA?

I've been wondering if there's a chance we could get our hands on a singleplayer mission with the sole, specific purpose of giving us unlimited access to basebuilding parts so we can run around designing bases without limits on resources, risks of dying and teammates stealing baseparts and so on, or something similar like this. There's a few 'dream' bases I've had in my head for a while but they're just not practical to build in an actual game.

Wait... you can play Wasteland with JSRS? sweeeeet!

Does ST_Movement work?

yes, it works without CBA, but ull get error messages at start, maybe sometimes during the game, but it really works well!

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

there is something weird happening at wasteland #4 server in chernogorsk, just before about 4:20 MSK or 1:20 gmt+1, me and my 2 other buddies were in cherno, we were independent. WE did build a base close to 2 hospitals and beton plate living houses. A brdm came into the city, so i rushed in to a hangar, we had some ammo crates there, and in next second when i entered a crate to get ammo, something around me started to collapse, ive clearly heard building geting destroyed, but not by an explosion, and the container my ammo crate was next to me, collapsed as well, killing me and destroying 3 ammo crates around it. There were more containers nearby, but only 1 where ammo crates were close to collapsed. Also in next seconds a buddy entered inside that hangar, and died as well by nothing. I don't know if its a kind of some bug, or hack, there were also other independent guys, who told us, same stuff happened to them before, dying by nothing etc. We had lots of walls, bunkers at our base, maybe some of it could cause that?

We tried to reach SaMatra via ts, but hes status was afk. So i tough ill write it here.

yes, it works without CBA, but ull get error messages at start, maybe sometimes during the game, but it really works well!

Oh really? I used CBA, didn't get any error messages and it worked fine. Should I not use CBA?

Edit: Nevermind... getting problems. :C.

Sa-Matra fix this! allow us to use JSRS in wasteland :p

Edited by Duhoy

I tested out JSRS w/ CBA on various arma2.ru wasteland servers and I found out that it works fine on servers with a low playercount (under 30ish) and it starts getting sluggish and glitchy on servers with servers with a high playercount (over 30ish)

The problems include slow loading of spawn menu, player menu and scroll wheel menu won't show up. Respawning leaves you waiting in debug land for a while. In general a lot of UI errors.

I did a little research on JSRS and I found the following quote

You all might want to watch out for JSRS in high player (read: over 40 player) multiplayer due to how the sounds are created using the createVehicle command. JSRS can cripple large player count missions, especially where people run different sound mods. ShackTac and UnitedOperations both restrict the sound packs so everyone runs the same (ACEX_SM). UO has had 90 player stable COOPS and ShackTac has had 100+ player stable COOPS using this setup.

:c

I tested out JSRS w/ CBA on various arma2.ru wasteland servers and I found out that it works fine on servers with a low playercount (under 30ish) and it starts getting sluggish and glitchy on servers with servers with a high playercount (over 30ish)

The problems include slow loading of spawn menu, player menu and scroll wheel menu won't show up. Respawning leaves you waiting in debug land for a while. In general a lot of UI errors.

I did a little research on JSRS and I found the following quote

:c

menu delays and black screens, occurred due CBA's, since im runing JSRS only without anything + latest arma 2 beta patch, it does work fine, even with 60 players on the server.

Hi SaMatra

Would it be possible to have a conversation with you about hosting? Just signed up and lacking the post count to mail you! :P

^ Sweet! I hope it's another US server. The current US servers are so damn sluggish that it leaves me playing on the EU servers.

Heya, it'll be USA East Coast I hope, although I am UK myself, got to account for my laggy American friends :P

Im not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

When i first tried to connect to these Sandbox servers i played around few minutes and got kicked.

i tried to reconnect but i was banned.

some time later i tried connecting another Sandbox server, withing seconds i was kicked, and banned.

Some messages just say that im banned, some say somehting about gamehack 77, whatever that is.

I dont have these problems in any other servers and i can assure you i have not used cheats or hacks in wasteland EVER!

i would not post this, but my friend "Skeetsi" says that these sandbox servers are quite good and allow making teams even when independent.

So, how should i/we go about this, i want to be unbanned but that is where i need your help.

Im not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

I dont have these problems in any other servers and i can assure you i have not used cheats or hacks in wasteland EVER!

Did you use cheats elsewhere? :)

On US #8 and #9 it appears that night time actually lasts 3 hours and day time lasts 1 hour. I think it should be flipped.

I got kicked from #2 server earlier today by Battleye for CreateVehicle.

I chose independent > Priest unit > Start

Before I got into the game I got a Battleye kick message.

On the server list screen I could see I was a seagull.

Anyway I joined a next server and it was fine.

Did you use cheats elsewhere? :)

1. No

2. It shouldn't matter, sandbox servers are the only servers EVER, i've had these problems with and frankly they are also the only servers that im willing to go throught all this trouble for to get unbanned.

1. No

2. It shouldn't matter, sandbox servers are the only servers EVER, i've had these problems with and frankly they are also the only servers that im willing to go throught all this trouble for to get unbanned.

So? What did you do?

Hello.

I've been playing wasteland for a while now, and I do play a lot with friends and in groups. But I have an annoying problem that I need some help with.

To view teammates names I have to press the windows key. But I use the SteelSeries 6gv2

From SteelSeries:

We like the Windows key for certain things and in certain situations. But not when we are in the middle of a gaming session. We have replaced it with a SteelSeries Key that won’t wreak havoc during a gaming by minimizing your game or by opening a menu. The SteelSeries Key serves a different purpose: it’s a function key for the Media Controls found on the 6Gv2.

Is there any way I can bind it to something else? Or is this something the mod creator has to do?

Thank you.

So, can someone explain to me why a certain admin on the hive is going around banning people for insulting a certain youtuber?