Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

You copied my entire mission so blatantly that you didn't even bother to check what people have admin access to it, it clearly stated our UIDs and names in it. Its another example of your disrespect to other's work. I'm aware that admins went too far playing around with admin panel as well as attempted to send you the same message I am trying to now on your forums which I completely did not want them to do. (Which resulted in you insulting them and me personally for no reason)

I give up replying to you; you're clearly blinded by an arguably unfounded hatred towards us.

When you grow up, we can talk.

A great excuse to steal my code and refuse to credit me as developer of these features. On par with your teamkill code rewrite which consisted of changing variable name. You still failed to support your "plenty of code I am trying to pass off as my own" claim with facts which you said in Tonic's thread.

Edited by SaMatra

Heya Sa-matra,

I found your thread and since i'm here I wanted to say thanks for taking the effort of creating a decently balanced mission.

I have been playing on your servers together with Pixlin and "2"(yup, that's his nick) since v4. You can find us mostly making a base in Zelenogorsk, everyone who wants to pass, pays a rather large toll :-). Although the last couple of weeks we're taking on missions and having even more fun.

Would there be any possibilities to add backpacks? Maybe make it so that it's only possible to buy them in the gun store? I saw Tonic's version has them and maybe you could integrate them into your version?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for future updates...

So we started running our mission it was doing well we launched Two extra servers and then we got maliciously attacked for the whole day had to restart the servers every 2 - 4 hours and we were wondering what it was until one of SaMatra's admins got caught in our Remote Execute.

So do you want to explain what you and your other admins were doing on our server maliciously attacking it ?? Under the names MoveAlong(SaMatra) and BeTePoK.

Rather than coming to us and talking about it, you A) Maliciously attack our servers, then B) Launch a smear campaign on the forums.

Sources:

http://pastebin.com/Yif4FZAm

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142373-Wasteland-server-lag-hacker-problems

You copied my entire mission so blatantly that you didn't even bother to check what people have admin access to it, it clearly stated our UIDs and names in it. Its another example of your disrespect to other's work. I'm aware that admins went too far playing around with admin panel as well as attempted to send you the same message I am trying to now on your forums which I completely did not want them to do. (Which resulted in you insulting them and me personally for no reason)

This deserves highlighting...

I understand their point about publishing the mission to community, but on the other hand, why not make one yourself if you really like the idea? I wonder what is the reason why Sa-Matra could not host the mission himself and just open as many servers as there is demand. In my opinion, their admin system is good and responsive and they're opening new servers, so I see no proper reason that would justify to steal the mission. Why should the mission be published to community if Sa-Matra doesn't want it?

I'm also myself developing a mission in a team, developing it has taken literally hundreds of hours and hundreds of pages of text. I can imagine the feeling if someone just stole the mission and opened server with it, and then began to blame us for not publishing the mission immediately to public and let everyone host their own server... My team is planning to publish the platform of the mission to public, so that community can develop their own versions of the mission if they feel need to do that. In general, I wonder where do these people come from that are not doing/creating anything themselves, but instead stealing others work and then blaim the creators of mission for not giving them immediately what they want.

If you want to host a popular mission, make one.

Yes copied SaMatra entire mission... Let me add that if someone takes your mission nothing works due to hiding everything in server side, so what did I really take other than some initialization code that does jack shit ?, So I went through the client code to understand how things worked because really it's the only way to find out due to this community being so private about anything mission file related.

And then I started working on the stability of the mission file and then weeding out any part of SaMatra's code that I could find.

Here is one example of what I was working on.

My version of city markers

SaMatra's version of town Markers

An if you ask me the reason I thought SaMatra didn't deserve credit is because he never credited Tonic for the original development of wasteland.

After SaMatra had requested for credit, we put it up on the server for everybody to see.

I have put weeks into rewriting SaMatra's client code and will be releasing it shortly, if what I have done is so bad why is the community using it ?

Yes copied SaMatra entire mission... Let me add that if someone takes your mission nothing works due to hiding everything in server side, so what did I really take other than some initialization code that does jack shit ?, So I went through the client code to understand how things worked because really it's the only way to find out due to this community being so private about anything mission file related.

what did I really take other than some initialization code that does jack shit ?

Some initialization code? SOME INITIALIZATION CODE? Are you kidding me? How you dare say this bullshit out in public? You are either clueless about what you did which again shows how much you don't give a single crap about other's work and time put into development or downright lying.

An if you ask me the reason I thought SaMatra didn't deserve credit is because he never credited Tonic for the original development of wasteland.

After SaMatra had requested for credit, we put it up on the server for everybody to see.

I have put weeks into rewriting SaMatra's client code and will be releasing it shortly, if what I have done is so bad why is the community using it ?

Didn't credit Tonic? Are you serious? Mission had Tonic's name on Loading screen (which was modified original Tonic's loading screen) which clearly stated "WASTELAND by TAW_Tonic (Custom server and modifications by Sa-Matra)" as well as version 1 changelog stated that mission replicates Tonic's Wasteland functionality. Did it say "Wasteland by Sa-Matra" in mission title? Nope, it said and says that it is custom Wasteland. You guys went way too far with your lies, I just cannot call it anything else but lies. I already offered you to list me as author of list of features but your friend costlyy started to come up with most stupidest excuses I have ever seen like "however the random function shall be credited to the correct author, who is not you." That random function is god damn stock BIS function BIS_fnc_findSafePos, are you kidding me?! I already mentioned your code rewrite which consisted of changing variable name and list of such bullshit that you said to me is far from being complete. You guys are insane!

Edited by SaMatra

Hey guys my name is cocainekid i am a regular player on ARMA2.RU Wasteland Sandbox Servers no #3 and #7 , i would like to speak to the admin about some cowardly tactics being employed by some players on the server as well as a lot of teamkilling and people just dropping dead for no reaso.

Its a very fun server to play on and ther is a group of us who are regulars, we would like to see the server stay such an inviting place to play but there are a few problems occuring at the moment and i think the lack of an admin to actually moderate the server is the main problem at the minuite anyway if i could have a talk with the server admin to voice my feelings on such matters it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cocaine Kid

Steam username= cocainekid.uk

How far away do you think roughly the next update is?

Should be this week, hope that just few days.

Heya Sa-matra,

I found your thread and since i'm here I wanted to say thanks for taking the effort of creating a decently balanced mission.

I have been playing on your servers together with Pixlin and "2"(yup, that's his nick) since v4. You can find us mostly making a base in Zelenogorsk, everyone who wants to pass, pays a rather large toll :-). Although the last couple of weeks we're taking on missions and having even more fun.

Would there be any possibilities to add backpacks? Maybe make it so that it's only possible to buy them in the gun store? I saw Tonic's version has them and maybe you could integrate them into your version?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for future updates...

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately 80% of units at the moment cannot carry backpacks and therefore we decided not to add them at all. Situation might change with 1.63 which is just around the corner.

Hey guys my name is cocainekid i am a regular player on ARMA2.RU Wasteland Sandbox Servers no #3 and #7 , i would like to speak to the admin about some cowardly tactics being employed by some players on the server as well as a lot of teamkilling and people just dropping dead for no reaso.

Its a very fun server to play on and ther is a group of us who are regulars, we would like to see the server stay such an inviting place to play but there are a few problems occuring at the moment and i think the lack of an admin to actually moderate the server is the main problem at the minuite anyway if i could have a talk with the server admin to voice my feelings on such matters it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cocaine Kid

Steam username= cocainekid.uk

Dropping dead is known problem, it is engine bug which makes buildings keep applying damage to nearby objects after their desctruction. We are collecting statistics on this problem at the moment, hopefully will be able to report the problem for fixing.

We have 4 English-speaking admins and they are regularly online on servers. If you wish to speak with them personally you can join our TS at ws.arma.su:9999, at least one of them is usually online there.

Hey Sa-Matra any estimate on when the US servers will be up? I really love playing on your servers and every time I try another Wasteland server such as Tonic, Battleguns, or 404 I always come back to yours. It would definitely be nice to have a better ping though.

Edit: Also, I have a suggestion. You should make the team indicators less transparent, they're a little hard to see at times.

Edited by Duhoy

Hey Sa-Matra any estimate on when the US servers will be up? I really love playing on your servers and every time I try another Wasteland server such as Tonic, Battleguns, or 404 I always come back to yours. It would definitely be nice to have a better ping though.

US servers are being worked on, we have a good lead and it might end up with several US servers. Can't really give an estimate but hopefully there will be more info (or even server itself) this week.

Edited by SaMatra

Hey SaMatra,

Quick question - Is there any possible fix for the scoreboard? Currently it doesn't properly record kills by independents on each other (gives a -1 value) and also, when you kill someone with a vehicle it doesn't say who killed them and you don't get the kill.

Thanks - had some epic moments on one of your servers last night!...one of which was some guy kamakazeed into our chopper as it was taking off amid a gunfight.

Heisenberg

Hey SaMatra,

Quick question - Is there any possible fix for the scoreboard? Currently it doesn't properly record kills by independents on each other (gives a -1 value) and also, when you kill someone with a vehicle it doesn't say who killed them and you don't get the kill.

Thanks - had some epic moments on one of your servers last night!...one of which was some guy kamakazeed into our chopper as it was taking off amid a gunfight.

Heisenberg

Unfortunately no, due to engine limitations. Same with road kills, game engine doesn't differ fall damage from damage by being run over or when you press Respawn. We have some ideas though, are in my to-do list and will be implemented eventually.

Hey SaMatra,

Heisenberg

Hahaha, I was there for that.

twitch dot tv/oshi7/b/345322017 @ 53 minutes.

To be on topic, the Arma2.ru servers are very awesome. Hopefully, to make the gameplay a little more tactical, I hope thermal weapons are removed :)

Also, as a side note, have you ever considered making a server Independant only? So that the play is focused around smaller squads/groups rather than armies? Similar to DayZ, I suppose. Would be very interesting.

To be on topic, the Arma2.ru servers are very awesome. Hopefully, to make the gameplay a little more tactical, I hope thermal weapons are removed :)

Also, as a side note, have you ever considered making a server Independant only? So that the play is focused around smaller squads/groups rather than armies? Similar to DayZ, I suppose. Would be very interesting.

lol, I was watching all this through spectator point of view. TWS will be removed in next update as well as difficulty increased throughout all servers. I'm afraid changes in next update might cause everyone switch to Independents, don't want to give it all away before it released though. Should be out in few days (before weekend).

Also, as a side note, have you ever considered making a server Independent only? So that the play is focused around smaller squads/groups rather than armies? Similar to DayZ, I suppose. Would be very interesting.

LOL that's funny watching it from your perspective, he took out like 3 or 4 or us with that. I was in the chopper and we we about 2 secs from lift-off! Would have been nice to face you guys but sure we probably did at some point earlier I'd say!

I think the 'Independent only' could be an interesting idea alright for maybe one server, I like the challenge though of currently you have other independent's (who might be working together on Mumble, Skype etc), then Red and Blue, who although maybe more un-coordinated, have strength in numbers most of the time which makes it more interesting when going for an objective. Also, Red & Blue typically build a base or two whereas independents (of which I'm one!) seem to mostly just do objectives and/or focus on player killing

lol, I was watching all this through spectator point of view. TWS will be removed in next update as well as difficulty increased throughout all servers. I'm afraid changes in next update might cause everyone switch to Independents, don't want to give it all away before it released though. Should be out in few days (before weekend).

Nice!..I was only thinking of suggesting removal of crosshairs and scroll wheel rangefinding/nameplates...something I hated in any DayZ server.

I wouldn't worry about everyone switching to independent though, as I've noticed that there are a lot of Blue/Red team players who currently play on their own and so it's a good way for them to play with many people. I'd say independent will increase alright though but still think there will always be people who don't use Mumble etc and just like playing with randoms on a bigger army

Can't wait for the new update so!

Edited by Its_Heisenberg

We where privileged this morning, sa-matra and other admins where testing v13 on server #4. I was way too tired to actually play any good. But the prospect of no TWS =) I like..

Also we had good time playing on blufor team. At the very end our team work worked, thx for that.

The new Group system seemed nice tough nobody invited me :( sniff...

Jone

I'm not sure if it's possible to fix, or if you would even want to but I ran into a... problem.

A few buddies and I were playing Independent and we made our own group using the new system. We had a tank and we were selling weapons at the gunstore, out of nowhere some other Independent guy comes out and enters the tank's gunner seat while I'm in the drivers seat, this resulted in a annoyingly frustrating time for us. Is there any way to register other independents not in your group as enemies in terms of getting into vehicles? For Independents that want to group up they can just make a group.

Hm, maybe we should make it so that independents get kicked out if they get into vehicles that have independents that are in group? Independents not in group will be able to get into vehicles with independents that are not in groups as well (like it was before group update)

Edited by SaMatra

This will be my only post on this forum, and I would like to ask a couple of questions.

I am having a fun time playing "wastelands", however:

Q1: There is a really annoying issue with how colored tags often do not show for own team players, is this a feature or a bug, and if it is a feature exactly how is this feature supposed to work? Alternatively, if this is a bug, can we expect this particular issue to be resolved soon? If there is a way to have the tags always show up, I will want to know how.

Q2: The in game voice comms seem wholly unreliable for me and others, because the recorded voice breaks up and becomes inaudible alot of the times whenerver one tries to say something in own team's "side channel". Will this issue get fixed by anyone, or is it believed to be a damning issue that probably won't be solved?

This will be my only post on this forum, and I would like to ask a couple of questions.

I am having a fun time playing "wastelands", however:

Q1: There is a really annoying issue with how colored tags often do not show for own team players, is this a feature or a bug, and if it is a feature exactly how is this feature supposed to work? Alternatively, if this is a bug, can we expect this particular issue to be resolved soon? If there is a way to have the tags always show up, I will want to know how.

Q2: The in game voice comms seem wholly unreliable for me and others, because the recorded voice breaks up and becomes inaudible alot of the times whenerver one tries to say something in own team's "side channel". Will this issue get fixed by anyone, or is it believed to be a damning issue that probably won't be solved?

A1: Fixed on our servers. My previous system had few fundamental problems in it which together with arma unreliability often caused icons not being shown over players. Since most of other wasteland servers have my icons system, they suffer from same problem. My new icons system should get rid of this problem completely, try it out. (search for ARMA2.RU in filter settings)

A2: It depends on server's and player's bandwidth limits as far as I know. Overall I would recommend to use Teamspeak or Skype or something for constant communication.

Hey SaMatra,

I'm loving the new group system for independents together with the other new icons etc Great work!!

Couple of questions:

Is the day/night length the same on all .RU servers?....if it is, I (and others) think that 2hrs for Day and 1hr for night is way too short...you're just getting into night-time for example and it's over before you know it! In addition, player numbers usually stay higher during daytime I think. Have you considered increasing the length of day and night? Maybe to something like 6hrs day, 2hrs or 3hrs night?

Also, is the spawn of vehicles on server restart the same in every server? - i.e Bi-Plane, NPC controlled Black Humvee etc (NW airfield).

thanks

Been playing arma2.ru wasteland for few days. What disturbing was, really annoying lags, between time sweeps, every time it changes, game freezes for a couple of seconds, been crashing into trees, getting killed few times at a battle cause of this lags. Also the night i just waaay to short, we've been preparing some nice night raids, and you can't really do much in just 1 hour, at least 2h night, 4 h day would be much better, also is there a way to fix this lags/freezes when time is changing? really annoying.

Also about restarts, been playing on arma2.ru wasteland #1 server, after 4 hours everyone there had lags, bad performance and were complaining about it, it was nearly impossible to kill anyone at the distance with sniper rifles, they were just teleporting, i checked my ping, was fine 80-90, but then i had around 60, when i have changed to another arma 2 ru server. Maybe set auto restart to 6 hours at least?

Maybe set auto restart to 6 hours at least?

Much too short in my opinion.

Deeply in love with Wasteland and especially Sa-Matra's version. It's the best balanced one and has the best features and missions. The other servers have overpowered stuff such as tanks and those magic weapon crates. Have to agree with guys above, days and nights could be for example 4 hours and 2 hours long.

What's the maximum number of players in a group by the way? And would it be possible to give the group leader the ability to change leaders?

Edited by Fonzie

Hey Sa-Matra,

I've had a few problems regarding the group system. I'll tell you everything we did so you can try to replicate the bug. First me and and my friends log in then we make a group. We all accept and join. The problems starts when. either one of us leaves the server to go do something shortly or disconnect via ping kick and then the person later comes back OR when a new player tries to join that wasn't online when the group was created. When the group leader tries to invite the player, the player gets an invite however if they press accept invite nothing will happen. The solution we found to go around this is to have everyone leave the group and make it as a new one.

It's pretty frustrating to have to remake the group everytime we have a friend come online.