Sign in to follow this  
OL

Help Installing beta patches for ARMA II and OA. Quite a specific issue...

Hey Gang,

Thanks for reading; I hope this is the right place to make this post. I'm having an issue installing beta patches via a method other than using Play With Six. I believe it's because of how I purchased and installed ARMA II and OA...

ARMA II was purchased via retail DVD and installed accordingly. It lives in D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

OA was purchased via greenmangaming.com and installed via their Capsule software. It lives in D:\CapsuleGames\ARMA II Operation Arrowhead - PC

When trying to install beta patches from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php, the patching software reports success, but the beta version reported in game doesn't change. Only when an update is released and installed via Play With Six does the beta version reported in game change.

Any idea how to work around this? Often it takes a little while for the latest beta patch to hit Play With Six distribution.

Cheers!

Does Play With Six install it to the same directory that the BIS installer is installing the patch to?

Are you using Play With Six to launch the game?

Maybe stating the obvious but to launch the beta you should use the A2OA Beta Patch shortcut (available in the arma2 folder), rather than the original shortcut for arma2OA.

Thanks guys. With a bit more research on the forum and through use of regedit, I have cured my issues!