Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98866 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

I skipped the last few betas and have just come up to date. I noticed a new addition I didnt see mentioned. TOW missiles are visible now as they travel down range. This makes them a lot more useful thanks! I wonder what fix changed this?

They could be even brighter though. I think real TOWs have a tracer (that or it's just the rocket motor) on the back of the missile to help the gunner guide it to target.

Please vote for this ticket! I think it would be an excellent fix for 1.63 (or 1.64), and would make the T-90 much more lethal. :)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14436

Fixed in one of CCP releases,if it gets included it will be awesome.

What really would make any tank in the game more effective is a script that keeps the engine off when you turn the main gun,and a more decent armor for T90 would be more than welcome .

Missed quite a few betas due to workload on a major project. Had a couple of hours fro myself yesterday to play Arma again for the first time in many weeks.

The AI improvements are excellent, despite some 'crowding' as several units try to get behind a single rock, etc. (in some circumstances that didn't seem particularly unrealistic, i.e. when there was no nearby alternative cover).

The other improvements I noticed were that LOD switching is better (though from memory, still not as good as pre-1.62) and the occasional freezes are very much fewer, and much shorter.

Thank you BIS :bounce3:

One possibly retrograde 'feature' I noticed, however, was that the AI expends a lot of ammo on disabled & unmanned armed trucks/technicals, etc. That behaviour seemed to have been addressed quite a while ago, so maybe that 'bug' has crept back in.

One possibly retrograde 'feature' I noticed, however, was that the AI expends a lot of ammo on disabled & unmanned armed trucks/technicals, etc. That behaviour seemed to have been addressed quite a while ago, so maybe that 'bug' has crept back in.

I noticed this the other day when testing something unrelated. An AI squad killed the driver and gunner of a technical then closed in and shot at the vehicle from close range (<5M) until it exploded, killing them all.

I noticed this the other day when testing something unrelated. An AI squad killed the driver and gunner of a technical then closed in and shot at the vehicle from close range (<5M) until it exploded, killing them all.

Thats no bug -thats the new psycho.fsm being implemented.

Edited by froggyluv

I don't suppose there is a video lying around showing off the new AI behavior?

About the changes regarding the server browser in the latests betas (geolocation and stuff), there is any way to disable it?

Now that Project Reality has forced these betas (due VOIP fixes) I just can't see any server nor connect using the remote option. I have to refresh and blind\quickicly join the first thing that appears as red icon before the list goes empty.

EDIT: Sorry, I jumped the trigger here. It was the filter that was set to Max Ping = 100. Wonder what did that since I can't see sheet with that. :confused:

Edited by Smurf

Many people experienced lags with VON on MP CTI maps last days. Voice sounds are jerky. Does anybody else have this? I am not sure if this is a problem with the CTI maps or beta patches.

Many people experienced lags with VON on MP CTI maps last days. Voice sounds are jerky. Does anybody else have this? I am not sure if this is a problem with the CTI maps or beta patches.
It's a problem with CTI...its simpyl too much babble at once and often too high VoiP quality. Seems like VoiP gets laggy when tehre are too many players. thats why it is often deactivated. and TeamSpeak is used.

I had a problem with this beta.

I made a simple mission,.often all my squad were killed by one ennemy unit, my squad did not open fire.

In final solution I defrag my Beta folder and i'm unable to reproduce this bug (40 test)

Is this possible after a defrag ? This game drive me crazy.

The only problem that remains sometimes some AIs are too close in combat mode and some of them don't fire but the big problem is gone.

Thats no bug -thats the new psycho.fsm being implemented.

LOL!

Actually it's worse than I thought. After disabling a technical & killing the crew(playing Flashpoint Podagorsk v 1.23) I went to it to scavenge gear. While I had the gear menu open I was killed off as a distant allied infantry group opened up with all guns on the semi-wrecked vehicle. Observed other friendly fire incidents of that sort as well. This bug needs a large clog impact scenario asap.

I had a problem with this beta.

I made a simple mission,.often all my squad were killed by one ennemy unit, my squad did not open fire.

In final solution I defrag my Beta folder and i'm unable to reproduce this bug (40 test)

Is this possible after a defrag ? This game drive me crazy.

The only problem that remains sometimes some AIs are too close in combat mode and some of them don't fire but the big problem is gone.

can you turn this into simple repro mission to fast showcase the errorish behaviour ?

Ais behaviour in combat mode, units use often the same place, difficult to reproduce but it's like when they are in formation file, only the first unit open fire, because all others units don't see the ennemies or they may make friendly fires.