Sign in to follow this  
kilrbe3

[CO-OP] Get HIND, Get Out!

Very proud to announce my first ever public mission, is ready for the public!

BDaI9.jpg

*Updated New Build 11/10/12*

This is the first mission that I have decided to release to the public an spent the most work / stress on, instead of them never seeing the light of day, just friends / my ArmA group!

: Details :

Title: Get HiND, Get Out!

Author: KilrBe3

Extra Help/Testing: Chipper

Mission Build: 1.0

Map: Chernarus

Number Of Players: 4

Required Addon's: ACE/ACEX_RU + (standard ACE set up) + TF86 Seals
**UPDATE 1:46am 11/10 NEW BUILD OUT**

Changelog:

-Added R3F Revive Script

-Added ACE Wounds System by popular request

-Added enemy QRF (Quick Reaction force)

-Triggers cleaned up / base detection / Unit detection

-More enemy's to fight with (if u wish too )

-Removed Hostage (the AI was just stupid and would blow your cover at times)

-Removed BTR-90, replaced with BTR-70

-Added medical supply box

-Changed various little things

UPDATE2:

-Big thanks to Kylania for everything!

-Fixed Description as it was wrong

-Cleaned up unused scripts

-Revive Parameters added! Thank Kylania!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0pi5pc110wkcpum

**UPDATE 11/10/12 - NOW ON ARMAHOLIC!**

:Brief Summary:

A known Russian General has been known to carry out attacks on Local Citizens and American Armed Forces, all for a profit. Your small Recon Team is tasked to go in and take him out along with his Helicopters that have harassing the area. The General was able to capture a CNBN Press reporter, and is holding him hostage for a price. Orders are to go in with extreme stealth and take care of business and get out alive! Remember, WE ARE NOT HERE!! Beers are waiting back at the base!

:Key Features/Thank Yous/Credits!:

-Complete Stealth based mission!!

-CRRC Chinook Boat Script

-Many scripts thanks to Kylania.& the site!

-Various scripts on ARMAHOLIC

-Big Thank You to the BiS Forum & its great community! Also the ACE Team!

-My biggest thanks go out to my close buddy Chipper, for testing and making him run it with me on nightly test!

:Install:

Normal Process of course;

Extract the mission file into your Arma2\MPMissions Folder.

:Notes:

- Please provide any feedback you have! All is welcomed!!! I can't tell you how much Anxiety I had to release this and make it "prefect" for others outside my close friends/group!

- Any extra AI mods may turn this into a war zone!! EX: ASR_AI. But your welcome to try it by all means!

- Again, All feedback is welcome!

- Most importantly, ENJOY IT!

**NON-ACE Version is coming soon, probably with the next Mission Build if feedback/bugs are found / given to me!**

I encourage you all to use ACE by now if you haven't! I haven't played Vanilla ArmA in years, neither should you! But I know it gets requested often for a NON-ACE Version, and I want to appeal it to a wide audience, so yes, it is coming very soon! (Along with no TF86 Seals)

Edited by KilrBe3

Sounds great, will give this a crack tonight. possible to play SP with rest of squad as AI?

Thanks for sharing!

Sounds great, will give this a crack tonight. possible to play SP with rest of squad as AI?

Thanks for sharing!

Yup, Just load up a LAN MP server! There is 4 player slots, it's really designed for Humans, as AI may screw you and get your team spotted though. But playable with 2-4 people / AI though! Good Luck!
Congrats on releasing your mission! :)

Thank you! I feel so special now that you replied ^_^ This wouldn't have happened without your vast knowledge.

Excellent stealth mission reminds me of the OFP days, best played with 1-2 players IMO.

Congratulations on your first mission release KilrBe3! It sounds cool. Before I upload it to the CiA ACE coop server, I wanted to ask if there is any form of respawnvive in the mission, if so, what kind?

Edited by Variable

I think there is none or was it group while depboing it. I tend to do that to check for stuff or rename it to my standards.

Congratulations on your first mission release KilrBe3! It sounds cool. Before I upload it to the CiA ACE coop server, I wanted to ask if there is any form of respawnvive in the mission, if so, what kind?

Hello, Yes there is a respawn, but it was one of those things I just couldn't decide how to make it though. Meaning, I didn't know how people like, or clans prefer it, or friends just get together, so I really didn't know what to pick for it. That's why I asked for any feedback possible to help the next build # :) Oh sorry, To answer your question though - It is GROUP Respawn, and no ACE wounds system. Just the First Aid: Modules from BiS. Again, that could change depending on what most people like / want. Reason I choose no ACE wounds and just 15secs, as this is suppose to be a somewhat short mission time. Avg time takes to complete is 25-35mins give or take. Fun based stealth mission to play with 2-4 friends.

Any input on the respawn/first aid/or people would like ACE Wounds on, please don't hesitate, Let me know!!

Thank you all though for having a look, means a lot to me! :)

~BE3

GROUP respawn is the best option! I'm glad you used that.

As for ACE medical system, my personal opinion is that it is preferable over BIS first aid system.

Any input on the respawn/first aid/or people would like ACE Wounds on, please don't hesitate, Let me know!!

ACE Wounds always, almost no sense in playing ACE without it. :) I don't like all the "medic only" stuff though unless you have enough people for multiple decitated medics (like a unit playing with a full time medevac team). For small missions like thing everyone should be able to fully heal and medicate themselves or else you'll spend the whole time worthless.

If you are gonna use ACE wounds though having some simple method to fill a ruck with meds would be lovely. Like run up to a medic and say "gimme meds" or something, having to empty your pistol slots, move then pack everything is always a pain.

I like the ACE compatible respawn system but R3F's isn't half bad and it's pretty light.

GROUP respawn is the best option! I'm glad you used that.

As for ACE medical system, my personal opinion is that it is preferable over BIS first aid system.

Right on, thanks for the input!
ACE Wounds always, almost no sense in playing ACE without it. :) I don't like all the "medic only" stuff though unless you have enough people for multiple decitated medics (like a unit playing with a full time medevac team). For small missions like thing everyone should be able to fully heal and medicate themselves or else you'll spend the whole time worthless.

If you are gonna use ACE wounds though having some simple method to fill a ruck with meds would be lovely. Like run up to a medic and say "gimme meds" or something, having to empty your pistol slots, move then pack everything is always a pain.

I like the ACE compatible respawn system but R3F's isn't half bad and it's pretty light.

See this was almost exactly my thinking as to what you said in the first two sentences. I don't mind ACE Wound's at all, but only in big Operations or with a large group, where the realism is really strives upon / needed. Because if its a smaller based mission, say less than < 6 people, it starts to turn into a chore, more than actually playing the mission at hand. It just takes up time and gotta bandage, epi, morphine, etc. BUT, I also get where people are coming from and how they like it and want to see it. Not gonna argue over that, as I asked for feedback! :) Just in my personal opinion, and how this was designed, if it takes longer than 30-40mins, your doing it wrong. I know from personal experience just trying to play missions with friends and not in a big group or OP, ACE wounds can turn into a hassle and having to deal with it. During testing, whats why I stuck with just the First Aid Modules.

I also don't know if people know this, but if you use TF86 Seals, and the "ACE" Version of them, they add a Self Heal to the ACE Self Interaction menu. Without having any Modules on. If I am going to switch to ACE Wounds, than I'd probably change them out to regular TF86 and not ACE version im guessing? OR else that would kinda contradict having the wounding system.

I fully agree on the having to get the med supplies always at the start too. I know a addAction would be used for that to walk up to a medic, but than having a NPC medic give you items in your backpack, that's something I haven't fully learned yet ;)

Will also look into R3F, think a group member used that for one of our big OP missions. Also will do ACE Wounds tonight and see how it plays out.

EDIT. PLEASE READ: Forgot to add something I had on my mind as well, when I was reading, technically, if you are getting shot at before you reach the base, or die for that matter. You pretty much lose the mission anyway, or at least the whole intent of the mission design and being stealthy. Does that make sense? That was another factor why I didn't have ACE Wounds. After you blow the base and enemy reinforcements come, than yes, you may / will get shot at and lose a guy, but if that happens, your having a whole world of hurt hunting for you before you escape to safety. Than if a guy goes down, your gonna be spending minutes sitting there trying to get him back up while the enemy closes in. Yet maybe I'm thinking this too much, maybe that adds in another "thrill factor" if a player goes down, you gotta hold off the enemy reinforcements. Up to you guys, I'm just the man behind the screen, your playing it :) Me playing it and testing says really nothing compared to what the public thinks! That's why I love feedback!

-Thanks for the input all!

~Be3

Edited by KilrBe3

New Build out!

This brought many changes, and fixed things that were causing issues with detection and objectives being complete. Overall, more challenging now. More action after you escape and blow the base to give a more "real" feeling.

Changelog:

-Added R3F Revive Script

-Added ACE Wounds System by popular request

-Added enemy QRF (Quick Reaction force)

-Triggers cleaned up / base detection / Unit detection

-More enemy's to fight with (if u wish too :))

-Removed Hostage (the AI was just stupid and would blow your cover at times)

-Removed BTR-90, replaced with BTR-70

-Added medical supply box

-Changed various little things

UPDATE2:

-Big thanks to Kylania for everything! :yay:

-Fixed Description as it was wrong

-Cleaned up unused scripts

-Revive Parameters added! Thank Kylania!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0pi5pc110wkcpum

All feedback/input welcomed!

~Be3

Edited by KilrBe3

Oh... You added revive? Please tell me it can be set to zero...

Minor thing but I'd have changed the PBO name as well as the in game name to reflect the version change.

ace@_co4_GetHindGetOut_v23.chernarus

as the folder name might be good. (ace meaning ACE is required, @ meaning another mod is required, co4 since it's co-op for 4 players, name of the mission and finally version number and map of course)

That way you avoid what just happened to me, ending up with an unusable heliidea.chenarus(1) folder since I had a download of heliidea.chenarus.pbo and now a heliidea.chernarus(1).pbo downloaded. :)

Here's a copy with the mission folder renamed and a customizable number of respawns available (10, 3 or 0). It's not exactly what Variable wants of course, you respawn to the camp after X deaths instead of not being able to play at all that mission, but might make some people happy. Changed the version to 2.4 in case you wanted to use it. :P

Edited by kylania

Minor thing but I'd have changed the PBO name as well as the in game name to reflect the version change.

ace@_co4_GetHindGetOut_v23.chernarus

as the folder name might be good. (ace meaning ACE is required, @ meaning another mod is required, co4 since it's co-op for 4 players, name of the mission and finally version number and map of course)

That way you avoid what just happened to me, ending up with an unusable heliidea.chenarus(1) folder since I had a download of heliidea.chenarus.pbo and now a heliidea.chernarus(1).pbo downloaded. :)

Here's a copy with the mission folder renamed and a customizable number of respawns available (10, 3 or 0). It's not exactly what Variable wants of course, you respawn to the camp after X deaths instead of not being able to play at all that mission, but might make some people happy. Changed the version to 2.4 in case you wanted to use it. :P

Have I ever told you how much I admire you? Your a saint ;) I can't believe I just miss some of the most simple things that just get overlooked. I thank you very much and owe you so much! Gonna look at this and edit the post accordingly. Thank you, I mean it!

~Be3