Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Remington Weapon Pack

Some update: There will be a new version of the pack Real Soon Now with the TWS version of the ACR, and possibly another variant of the XM2010 (experimenting with a cammo'd / ghillied version). Once that is done, I'll leave it at this for the time being (getting a bit tired of Remington stuff ;)), and I got very little time ATM.

Here's something I am working on right now (no details/ETA yet, as I said, time is limited ATM):

2i0NUKAl.png

You may not want to deal with this, but figured I'd bring it up...

Is there any chance you could make it so your suppressed weapons can use the vanilla "velocities?" And/or allow your SD versions to use both SD and regular magazines? Here's why I ask... When messing with your suppressed weapons, I've noticed that they have their own bullet drop, separate from the vanilla super-sonic and vanilla subsonic. As a result, it's pretty hard to shoot more than ~300m with a suppressed weapon in your pack. Generally, guys shooting a suppressed weapon in the real world are shooting with supersonic ammo, so it will still go as far as an unsuppressed weapon. It's still pretty hard to figure out where the shot came from even though the bullet makes a crack.

I play with a small little addon that tricks weapons inheriting vanilla velocities so that a SD weapon shooting SD ammo has the same ballistics as non-SD ammo, but it takes the AI longer to figure it out, much like as it would be in real life. With your config, the AI may not detect the shot right away, but something like a .308 gun can't shoot as far as it should, suppressed.

Hopefully I haven't made this too confusing, but thought I'd bring it up. Please ignore as you see fit and thanks for making another great set of guns to play with in-game.

You may not want to deal with this, but figured I'd bring it up...

No worries, when I ask for feedback, I mean it ;)

Is there any chance you could make it so your suppressed weapons can use the vanilla "velocities?"

Well they're using the same velocities, 320 m/s so they're subsonic. The major difference is the zeroing, if you use the Iron sight version (which has zeroing) and turn it down to 100 meters, you should have equal behavior to the BIS weapons. To the best of my knowledge after a quick glance, all silenced BIS weapons fall in two categories:

- Have a scope with zeroing

- Have a red dot/Holo/iron sight without zeroing.

The former case is easy to deal with, since you basically zero to the range you want to shoot. The second case, from looking over the configs, are all zeroed at 100 meters, giving them a much flatter trajectory.

What I could do is make the same zeroing (100 meters) for all non-scoped weapons (basically all ACR's with iron sight, holo or CCO). It doesn't realy work for the ACOG and HAMR version since those have fixed zeroing that is more or less dictated by their sights, if I zero those at 100 then the bullet drop markers in the scopes don't work anymore.

but something like a .308 gun can't shoot as far as it should, suppressed.

Not sure what you mean here. The Mk17 Sniper SD has zeroing up to 300 meters, hitting beyond that range is difficult. I just tried a 1000 meter shot with the MSR, and that still works; the zeroing is a bit off due to the high trajectory, but the bullet definitely flies that far and it is still a two-shot kill.

To bottom-line it, I really don't have any real-life experience with silenced weapons; during my army time, I only ever shot loud weapons (HK G3A3, I really need to make one of those :)), so I can only go by what BIS is doing with their weapons. I would rather not add supersonic bullets to silenced weapons, but what I can do is reduce the zeroing of silenced weapons to a default of 100 unless they have a scope.

Would that sound like a solution?

I would rather not add supersonic bullets to silenced weapons, but what I can do is reduce the zeroing of silenced weapons to a default of 100 unless they have a scope.

Would that sound like a solution?

May i ask why? he's not saying force Supersonic, he's saying to add Regular mags to the config and allow use of both SD and Regular magazines.

May i ask why? he's not saying force Supersonic, he's saying to add Regular mags to the config and allow use of both SD and Regular magazines.

Well, "why" is a good question. I don't really see why you would want normal mags in a silenced weapon, none of the BIS weapon does that, nor any other SD I have seen. ACE allows it, but ACE converts the magazine on-the-fly...

Hence, the only sensible modification would be the change in zeroing.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Experimenting with some texturing on the M4, trying to get it look worn.

WO29opTs.jpglhUMCEHs.png

I'm not sure yet whether I will ever release this, there's already a whole bunch of M4's around... I guess I should concentrate more on the HK pack...

true there is....but if you're going to do something different than the other packs, ie having different sights with different attachments and whatnot (like that PM i sent you a while back), theres no reason not to. everyone loves variety

I guess I should concentrate more on the HK pack...

Well speaking of SD and HK , Hk17, there is a lack of attachments still on them.

Love your Rems!

I offer the following for clarification, as I probably wasn't very clear. Please don't take this as a demand...

Well, "why" is a good question. I don't really see why you would want normal mags in a silenced weapon, none of the BIS weapon does that, nor any other SD I have seen. ACE allows it, but ACE converts the magazine on-the-fly...

First up, I do believe that many of the vanilla SD weapons take both SD and Super. Certainly not all, but I thought the M4s did. Maybe I'm confusing them with RH's stuff. Regardless, that's not exactly what I was saying, as in-game, shooting supersonic rounds in a SD gun still alerts the AI to your exact position almost immediately (which isn't all that realistic).

So to clarify what I'm saying, first let's look at the real world and then I'll go back to Arma.

-For precision, long distance shooting with a suppressed weapon (like a 5.56 .308, .338, etc that you have in your addon), you're not going to shoot sub sonic ammo. It will lose stability and therefore accuracy and won't go very far. So when you shoot suppressed, someone will still hear the snap of the bullet (because it's supersonic), but it's still very hard to figure out where it came from, especially at distance.

Now back to Arma...

-I have a small addon (done by a guy over at SimHQ as part of their pack MP pack) that adjusts vanilla SD rounds to go supersonic, but when you shoot, the AI still treats the gun that fired them as suppressed, so it takes longer for them to localize (which is fairly realistic), but the round has the same ballistics as a non-SD round. Once you shoot a few times near them and they are aware, they find you like they should. If you try this with just vanilla supersonic rounds (without the little addon), the AI finds you after the first shot, even at more than 200m (not very realistic).

-So, taking this altogether, what I was originally thinking (perhaps incorrectly) was that you were creating your own velocity for your SD guns rather than inheriting something from BIS. Sounds like that's what you did, which may be why the little addon I use doesn't work for your guns (but does for other third party weapons).

I can see how redoing the zero on your guns may help with this, but it's still a subsonic round (in game), so it won't be able to go as far as you could really shoot a high-power rifle suppressed (with a supersonic round in real life).

I fear I may have confused the issue further, so maybe I should just stop there.

At the end of the day, this may be the easiest solution for you, the addon maker and me the player. But again, I completely understand it's your baby, so I'll be thankful you're sharing it with us either way.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Experimenting with some texturing on the M4, trying to get it look worn.

http://i.imgur.com/WO29opTs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lhUMCEHs.png

I'm not sure yet whether I will ever release this, there's already a whole bunch of M4's around... I guess I should concentrate more on the HK pack...

If you don't, could you add a worn look to your tan ACRs?

Just as a heads-up, I just updated the first post with information on the new version 1.2, available for download now. See the first post for details.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

If you don't, could you add a worn look to your tan ACRs?

I'll think about it. Chances are I will release the M4's anyway :)

Thanks Miller and Foxhound for the mirrors. Updated first post :)

Hey, what about ACE support?

Soonâ„¢ :)

Edited by Alwarren
Scarecrow's right

Robalo has the cfgs (with ACE) he should release them like he just did for the RH sets?

Awesome Alwarren! thnx ( thats a new nick for you "Awesome Al")

Great, thank you :)

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Robalo has the cfgs (with ACE) he should release them like he just did for the RH sets?

Awesome Alwarren! thnx ( thats a new nick for you "Awesome Al")

LOL thank you :D

fantastic weapon set! thank you very much.

and thanks to Robalo for the ACE config - i always play with ACE so that ensure consistency across weapons!

Ok Alwarren back to work!

If you find it interesting, and have the time (now with A3 alpha here), I would like to request some HK17 10in SD with microDot, and Doctor custom. No Pressure lol.

KK

I'm actually thinking about Heckler and Koch right now, after the M4's. I was looking into the HK 121 as well, but it is damn hard to find good reference pictures.

I really love this pack but one thing I've noticed at night is that the silenced weapons have the same bright muzzle flash as the non-silenced versions allowing the enemy to spot you very quickly making the silenced weapons less effective. Other than that it it's a great pack there!