Sign in to follow this  
moeburn

Any good small, framerate-friendly singleplayer missions?

Before anyone assumes, i HAVE used the search function, and have found nothing. Hopefully nobody will find a question in the questions section too offensive.

My graphics card is powerful enough to play ARMA2 at pretty high settings (see signature for system specs), but my CPU seems to struggle to keep up when there's too many units on the battlefield and/or when the fighting gets really intense. And the problem is, most of the campaign missions are epically huge, with waaay to many units for my system to handle at a decent framerate. I do recall one campaign mission that played beautifully on my PC, I believe it involved patrolling a valley in a Littlebird helo, taking out the occasional convoy with 3-4 vehicles or 20 or so soldiers. Missions that small, my system can handle pretty well.

Could anyone recommend any good user-made single-player missions like this (I don't play MP at the moment)? They don't have to be small in geographical size or duration, I just can't play a mission where my CPU is trying to calculate the AI for 100+ infantry/APCs/tanks/aircraft fighting all at once.

Thanks for your time!

Go to Armaholic and find the single player missions.

Then go to the first page of these missions. The first pages were made in 2009 when Arma II was new.

There are many SP missions there that use small numbers of troops.

Please search before posting, there is a sticky thread in the forum section you should have used for these kind of questions:

- User mission requests!