Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98736 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Build 98736 has been posted on the beta site and it is supposed to fix the performance breakdowns we experienced since 98220. So, everybody who experienced these huge fps drops should test this and feed back accordingly.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

So far, it fixed the issue for me. :o

This request is in a way attached to the Beta patches, as it will result in the next formal patch. Our Squad has a dedicated server running ArmA II (not Combined Ops) used as a recruiting tool. The last formal patch did not include the update to 1.11. Those that have the disk copy, and have upgraded to ArmA II CO ,get the languagecore.pbo error and are unable to connect. This makes it difficult to have them join, along with their friends (as potential buyers). The Beta changes have been superb and I appreciate BIS's efforts. I will continue gaming ArmA II CO but I hope we can still bring others in with ArmA II Free/Demo. The next formal patch needs to fix the ArmA II languagecore.pbo error.

I already fixed it for myself. I admin a lot on the ArmA II Free server and see a lot of kicks due to the languagecore.pbo missing. I have been playing this series since 2001 and always put the extra effort out. There are a lot of gamers that will not research this for a variety of reasons. I am just looking for a real solution.

You were kicked of the game (BattleEye: unknown game version]

Wow, somebody has fixed something (not seemingly in the changelog) that has made a HUGE difference in the AI for the cmapaign. I have just replayed (multiple times) good morning Takistan, and it has really been great fun.

My own squads now don't seem to get stuck and not advance from the runway and into the village. In addition, everytime I have played this mission before, the final phase of clearing the second village, nothing ever happened. There were no solderis there. Now there is some of the best fighting there.

I haven't managed to do the mission yet, as we suffer too many losses and have to try again. I'm actually going to play all the campaigns again as it seems as though the AI is now pretty good. Hopefully this is just the start of the goodness we can expect? Perhaps some fixes that will find their way into Arma3 :D

The performance hit I got with the last beta seems gone. Excellent work all round!

Very good so far. Grats on the fix. Works like a charm.

Continuing with more testing, and will report back.

yeah works like a charm indeed..

but omg the anti air is accurate, i tought i must be running on expert or something and checked to find out i was playing on regular :)

Seems AI just got a new brain in this build, I like it :)

Also fixed the problems from the slowdowns.

Very nice indeed!

BE supported now ... so You can enjoy MP too

Confirming that the fix was successful for the frame drop issue here as well. I followed the CIT and it was great to see this bug get dealt with so quickly. Great work all around - I'm back to enjoying Arma at its finest.

Edited by Cannon Fodder

Yes... everything is super smooth now. I can even turn on ATOC on grass and play now. Good job BIS, and thanks a lot.

Can we ask what was the cause of the FPS drop. Just to givbe us an insight into what's going on behind the scenes. I am sure the answer would however be way over my head. Also how did you find it, was the find based on submitted crash dumps or by your own deductions. Just interested to know Devs if you could spare a few ticks to provide an answer ?

Thanks again for the hard work, some great improvements coming through here, there is bound to be the odd speed bump or two along the way : )

Can we ask what was the cause of the FPS drop. Just to givbe us an insight into what's going on behind the scenes. I am sure the answer would however be way over my head. Also how did you find it, was the find based on submitted crash dumps or by your own deductions. Just interested to know Devs if you could spare a few ticks to provide an answer ?

Thanks again for the hard work, some great improvements coming through here, there is bound to be the odd speed bump or two along the way : )

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/60304#note-70

Thanks TheCapulet, I wasn't aware of that discussion. Looks like a complex issue, well done also the community members who where actively participating to find the fix [vf, kju, ceeb, tonic and omac]. Reminds me heaps of the rabbit issue ages ago [somthing like rabbit shados causing massive artifacts which where proving nearly impossible to trace the origins of].

Thanks TheCapulet, I wasn't aware of that discussion. Looks like a complex issue, well done also the community members who where actively participating to find the fix [vf, kju, ceeb, tonic and omac]. Reminds me heaps of the rabbit issue ages ago [somthing like rabbit shados causing massive artifacts which where proving nearly impossible to trace the origins of].

...ye, developer´s life is an adventure :P

Could we get some more info on the performance profiling beta build 98809? Any suggestions for use?

It is just a version with the AI performance already fixed, so that anyone can play with it and not be distracted by the issue which is already know.

I have no particular hints on what to look for and I will not provide any guidance on how to use it. I have posted it in response to https://dev-heaven.net/issues/60304#note-75. If someone wants to write a documentation on Wikipedia about the performance profiling, I can revisit and clarify if needed. There will be no performance beta published updated regularly, but may be refreshed from time to time.

Edited by Suma

Excellent, thanks, Suma!

Edited by OMAC