Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 1942 is now FREE on Origin

seems like Origin is not doing well

It's not the first old game EA releases for free - see C&C1 and RA1

The problem is of course that by now probably nobody plays 1942 so it's kinda... pointless?

I played today and there are dozens of servers that are at 64/64 players.

I played today and there are dozens of servers that are at 64/64 players.

Yeah - it's free so people will naturally try it out for a week or two because of this interest spike. It will die out soon.

I've got teamkilled more then I got killed by the enemy.. but when it's good it's good :)

Nothing ever will be free on Origin; it costs your personal rights ...

...Almost like Steam then...

While I hold the same opinion, can we please not turn this thread into another "Origin suxx" thread?

Like Origin and Battlefield Free ,

also liking Crysis 3 Alpha Via origin too , Hope Bis create a similar system for playing TOH ,Arma2,OFP , its great for updates and news and Buying games/ trying games.

Just download this program

spyware4lyfe.exe

then you can enjoy your free game!

:D

Always investigate a free product, nothing is usually free without a string being attached somewhere.

Edited by Flash Thunder

While I hold the same opinion, can we please not turn this thread into another "Origin suxx" thread?

Stay on topic guys :)

Is there a way to keep the menu in windowed mode, while you play the game in fullscreen?

Battlefield 1942 is one of my favourite games of all time. Easily my favourite Battlefield game; I've no time at all for any of the others. Who needs ranks and squads? Just jump in. Create your own Commando-Comic stories on those beautiful 64-player El Alamein servers.

Origin is no more intrusive than Steam. The whole thing about accessing your data has been removed a long time ago.

Now please shut up about it.

Still not going to let Origin on my PC.

+1 luckily I got WWII anthology case catching dust on the shelvz.

battlefield-1942-wwii-anthology~1132622.jpg

/oldskool

I got my BF2 complete collection for the tougher periods in life. Funny thing, trying to play the Special Forces expansion online causes the game to accuse me of being a pirate and, I quote: "[to] Buy a real copy of the game, follow this link."

So much about that. :/

I have the complete edition too, for years until they releases EF and AK for free, I could never play op. Smoke Screen. Also recently I can't play on some servers after being accused oof cheating so now I'm global banned from servers running GCC (I think)

I got my BF2 complete collection for the tougher periods in life. Funny thing, trying to play the Special Forces expansion online causes the game to accuse me of being a pirate and, I quote: "[to] Buy a real copy of the game, follow this link."

So much about that. :/

It's not properly registered with the master server, you need to get support to do it manually.

Same problem happened with Northern Strike for Battlefield 2142.