meshcarver

Large S.T.A.L.K.E.R. inspired Island "NOVA ZONA"

...in motion.

Oh, wow!:eek: Thank you for this video man! :p

Putting the UVB-76 Broadcast in the map would be scary as hell.....if not too scary for me to play lmfao

BTW Did anyone else read the Popular Science article on UVB-76? (I don't remember if it was Popular Science, but I'm pretty sure it was)

I was thinking something like UVB-76 might be better. I once used this sound in a mission i made, even though i had made this mission and knew exactly where the sound would start it still gave me the creeps :j:

That is beyond creepy. Holy crap. Reading up on this station now.

@CaptainObvious- thank dude, nice of you to say..!

@13isLucky- Yeah man, me too- I really love Dark Ambient when it's done well. I want a really evocative ominous sounding audioscape to NOVA ZONA when it's done, not so much music but rather ambient sounds to push a feeling of desolation and an island gone bad.

I am using Altis for all screenies mate- that's BIs work right there as it's gonna be awhile before I start on the actual terrain (I'm concentrating on building an asset library right now)- but when I do you can be sure it'll be utterly twisted and sinister.

@TokyoIndia- Indeed I have heard of The Woodpecker mate, thanks. I've done a lot of research over the years and more recently because of NOVA ZONA so am aware of quite a few of these kind of places. I love the Numbers Stations too..! Thanks for sharing anyway man..! :)

@MistyRonin- Sadly, these recent updates are just because I actually had three whole days back to back free so finished some stuff up to show. I am utterly bereft of time in general and am trying to think up ways I can free more time up as it is... In a few weeks, I'll be without a PC for 5 weeks too, just so you know. :(

That's a nice idea about the checkpoints too thanks- I'll be having various checkpoints and gate systems in NOVA ZONA anyway, so you will see them in some crazy forms too... ;)

@AngelWingGamingJacob- I don't know what ALIVE is mate, but I'll try to make it compatible with as much as possible.

@CSLA[LUKI}- No problem :)

@Midnightm3nace- don't worry man, there'll be LOTS of things like that in NOVA ZONA.

@RangerPL- Aye, I've heard that a few times now- rest assured it is entirely coincidental.

That is beyond creepy. Holy crap. Reading up on this station now.

Oh yeah. The scary thing is, apparently its not a normal radio transmission of a buzzer, its actually a open mic with some kind of device playing the buzzer sound over the open mic. Sorry off topic haha!

@CaptainObvious- thank dude, nice of you to say..!

@13isLucky- Yeah man, me too- I really love Dark Ambient when it's done well. I want a really evocative ominous sounding audioscape to NOVA ZONA when it's done, not so much music but rather ambient sounds to push a feeling of desolation and an island gone bad.

I am using Altis for all screenies mate- that's BIs work right there as it's gonna be awhile before I start on the actual terrain (I'm concentrating on building an asset library right now)- but when I do you can be sure it'll be utterly twisted and sinister.

@TokyoIndia- Indeed I have heard of The Woodpecker mate, thanks. I've done a lot of research over the years and more recently because of NOVA ZONA so am aware of quite a few of these kind of places. I love the Numbers Stations too..! Thanks for sharing anyway man..! :)

@MistyRonin- Sadly, these recent updates are just because I actually had three whole days back to back free so finished some stuff up to show. I am utterly bereft of time in general and am trying to think up ways I can free more time up as it is... In a few weeks, I'll be without a PC for 5 weeks too, just so you know. :(

That's a nice idea about the checkpoints too thanks- I'll be having various checkpoints and gate systems in NOVA ZONA anyway, so you will see them in some crazy forms too... ;)

@AngelWingGamingJacob- I don't know what ALIVE is mate, but I'll try to make it compatible with as much as possible.

@CSLA[LUKI}- No problem :)

@Midnightm3nace- don't worry man, there'll be LOTS of things like that in NOVA ZONA.

@RangerPL- Aye, I've heard that a few times now- rest assured it is entirely coincidental.

No worries mate! Actually as soon as i posted that comment i was thinking, 'who am i kidding this guy doesn't need inspiration hes got everything down!' haha

Anyway good luck with the project if i happen to come across anything along this lines i will pm it too you. :)

In a few weeks, I'll be without a PC for 5 weeks too, just so you know. :(

Doh! >_<'

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you will come up with the terrain.

There've been many post-apo missions & mods on Arma maps - but none of them has that "really wasted" feeling (clean roads, vegetation not fitting etc). It'll be so nice to have something actually designed for it, something as damaged and as good as the Stalker environments.

Guys- to those who are interested anyway: as I ain't got too much time left before I'm away from the PC for 5 weeks, and what time I DO have left atm is evenings only when I'm utterly fragged out, I'll try to get another structure ingame so I can show a few more screenies for you (Love making screenies now lol...).

It'll be one I've made a while back now, but I'll just have to LOD it up and convert the textures and run a SPEC and NORM pass on them. Which one it'll be I'll leave as a suprise though... ;)

I just haven't got enough time to start another from scratch atm being this tired out.

Okay sounds good :D and no PC :( that sucks...sorry man...

And about the "plenty of things to make me p*ss myself....... :DDD Sounds fun lol

I really love those brick buildings, I'm a huge fan of brick architecture.

And those towers, I don't know why, but are creepy as hell...

I really love those brick buildings, I'm a huge fan of brick architecture.

And those towers, I don't know why, but are creepy as hell...

Damn MistyRonin, you win the "fastest reply" award..! ;)

Aye mate, I also love brick architecture and will be putting a LOT of it in NOVA ZONA so you will see all sorts of different brickwork structure formations- especially in the many Industrial areas.

When you are running around at night with some ground fog, and one of those towers is on the horizon it makes you want to run the other way, so I know what you are saying. ;)

Mother of god.

So what is the story behind why this place is abandoned (or is it????? :868: )

Absolutely Beautiful, meshcarver. I, and, I'm sure, many others, eagerly await this mod.

Your buildings are atmospheric and desolate. You imagine just walking into one and hearing a gruff 'Get out of here, Stalker!'

Thank you

Ah cmon man, you should know you can't ask for release dates. :p

There is no map yet... you need to read what the author has written. He is creating 3D assets, like buildings wrecks etc first. A finished map is SOMEWAY off yet...

SJ

Hi guys..!

I've JUST got back from a great familly break in Guernsey, so will try to reply to all the questions and comments posted recently when I get time, probably tomorrow...

I'll be back in front of my PC in a couple weeks anyway, so will hopefully have a few weeks free to do some more NOVA ZONA before RL work starts calling again lol...

I love your work and can't wait for the terrain to be out so I can release a version of Wasteland using the map and custom objects you have made!