meshcarver

Large S.T.A.L.K.E.R. inspired Island "NOVA ZONA"

Ohhh man, you can't imagine how much I would you like to take over the canceled "USS Nimitz" Projekt. You would make it perfect! >. <

My Goood (eventhough I don't believe in god)!!!

I can already see the awesomeness of Stalker mods on this map!

Geez I can't wait to fiddle with this beauty... @_@,

As much as I understand your point, I would say that such a siren wouldn't fit. I guess the one he choose is pretty good for the atmosphere it should provide (just think of Silent Hill. Everytime the siren goes off you shiver in fear xD (the one in my village sounds identical to the one in SH and its RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE T^T)

Well holy sh!t,

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and suggestions! I apologise I didn't reply sooner to people but this latest structure has been built in between RL work- which is, incidentally a really difficult way to have to do it.

Consistency suffers a LOT when you have to create something in snippets of hours or even 30 mins here and there as the clock strikes midnight..!

It is a massive annoyance that I just can't get the time needed for this to be as good as it could be but priorities are priorities as this community knows well enough! :(

Anyway, I'll try to answer everyone if I can which will be a challenge as I'm A; on an iPad, B; in my beddy bos, and C; slowly succumbing to sleeping pills as I type...

@Moon_chilD- thanks man. It'a ALWAYS fantastic to get little positive comments like this- always! I'm new to mod making but I reckon to 99% of the old seasoned salty mod makers out there it's comments like yours that let you know in the best way that people are out there and have enough interest to let you know what you're doing is making them happy. Thank you.

@MarkoCRO- as above mate, nice of you to say and I'm glad I found the time to at least make this new building! (Your sig is awesome btw) :)

@stephsen- cheers dude, but still creating objects/structures I'm afraid. How I wish I had 24 hours a day to work on this! You would be seeing SO much more progress... as it is, I'm getting about 2 hours every other night.

In the meantime for the purposes of showing progress I'm having to place objects on Stratis which is beautiful in its own right- a hell of an achievement.

@sttosib- thanks man- well up to now AI navigation has been fine, but it works a LOT better with TPW mods activated (which incidentally I can't play ARMA3 SP without now!). The ONLY issues I've had is ironically with this last large structure I'm showing now because it's basically 48 meters tall, and has many floors connected by multiple ladders and stairways.

The AI can be ordered up so far but then they just stand there like zombified STALKERS!

For now, I'm letting things like that go, as I could waste precious time trying to fix what cannot be fixed. But rest assured I will try to make everything fully functional fir AI as best I can...

Hope that answers your question mate.

@Wiggum- gee shucks man..! ;)

@MikeTim- hey thanks for your interest in NOVA ZONA!

Right now it is early days and I'm loving the process of creating this- it's my dream project. It's just too early to say but, @PuFu has it pretty much spot on as always!

I'll see once it's released!

Sorry I can't be more specific mate but this is a bloody big undertaking that initially I wasn't even going to make public.

@rzon- wow, thank you!

I just hope the final map does not let you down rzon.

@KevsnoTrev- bloody hell, amazing to know NOVA ZONA is on someones desktop in New Zealand of all places..!!! :)

@CaptainObvious- indeed sir, they are big- and scary..! :)

@serjames- thanks for asking mate, appreciated but please see above answer to MikeTim.

@evil-organ- firstly lol @ your name! XD

I'm glad you like the piccie mate and as I've mentioned before, for now I'm simply placing my objects on Altis and trying to emulate the weather and atmosphere as close as possible to what I want it to be like on NOVA ZONA, but rest assured, the very rocks and earth will be vastly different than anything you will see in these shots.

I have big plans for the terrain...

@Higher- shame on me, I don't ever remember hearing about Nogova until reading your post so checked it out this morning! Aye, looks like it was a classic map, but I never got to experience it as I'm late on the scene!

@PepeHal- Great..! I'm glad you're looking forwards to it..! :)

As I said in an earlier post, I'm really trying to create a map that will stand on it's own two feet here in the ARMAverse both visually and in regards to the genre.

I've got more ideas about how to make it unique, but the only and biggest stumbling block is time I'm afraid... It's killing it. :(

@Babylonjoke- aye man, dynamic shadows, and even BETTER (Dare I say it- essential!!!) true Underground implementation would be awesome...

Goddamn if there's ONE thing that will be sorely lacking in NOVA ZONA it'll be underground structures and tunnels...

They're just not supported though at the moment and I really think they won't be either sadly. :(

@chrys45- Hehe, you will man, all in good time...

@superpower- aye mate I know. I was in a rush today (that "time and RL" thing again!) and just dropped in that siren sound from a free source I found as I am planning to eventually hook up with a sound guy I used to know in the Industry to create some spot on bespoke sound FX.

The siren is in the video to get across the atmosphere I am hoping to achieve.

Alright guys, once again thanks for all your comments- it's a real pleasure and motivational shot in the arm to read them.

I'll try my best to find time to pick away at this and in the meantime I've splashed out a bit and bought a lovely new A4 Moleskine bound pad to start really fleshing out the background and history of NOVA ZONA, as my old crappy A4 sketch pad is literally FULL and falling apart with drawings and ideas!!!

There IS an ominous backstory to NOVA ZONA that is more or less solid, but now I need to start nailing down the details/names/locations of events and incidents so that when the time comes for me to start on the Terrain layout it'll be more grounded.

Alrighty, those sleeping pills are kicking in..! :p

...zzz...

Edited by meshcarver

@stephsen- lol XD

@Mr Pedersen- I'm glad you like it man, I'll try to get a few more screenies of this large Raised Block today...

Man i gotta tell you something, this scenery is not good nor very good... it is PERFECT *-* thank you for your talent, patience and hard work

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

Mate when i saw this, i almost shitted my pants reminded me of silent hill i loved it man specially the Siren ... thank you thank you again

@Ckrauslo- Hi man, hey thanks for your enthusiasm- it's more motivation for me..!!! ;)

It's funny you mention Silent Hill as I almost got hold of a sample of that particular Siren sound taken from the movie I think, but when it came to downloading it'd been removed so I assume it was a no-no to use it. After that, I quickly found something as close as possible to it.

In the actual map, I'm going to be doing (Or will ask for help off a sound guy I used to know..!) all these sounds myself (Or said guy) so we'll get it ratcheted up to a screaming drone that will make every STALKER in NOVA ZONA crap their pants. ;)

I actually have some samples of these sirens in my pc, i actually have a lot of sounds here from horror movies, and military sirens for different uses if you want let me know

Evertime I see a new poat by you...I get thrilled. But one question. Is the ammount of teasers of actual on the Iland the last days a indicator of a near first release (maybe beta). I'm very excited about that mos. (And I don't even know why. Right now I do not know how I could use it. But probably its just the fakt how much effort you put into it with a huge amount of detail! ^^)

Looking awesome, great work!

Perfect atmosphere! Just a little suggestion: The siren is maybe too generic sounding, you could use something more 'alien'. Here is a real world example: :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10NJnT6-sSE

I was thinking something like UVB-76 might be better. I once used this sound in a mission i made, even though i had made this mission and knew exactly where the sound would start it still gave me the creeps :j:

...in motion.

@Ckrauslo- hey, that's a nice offer mate, but I'm ok for the time being. :)

@WarLord554- Cheers dude, appreciated.

@Moon_chilD- Sadly not man... It's just that in the past 3 days I've had more spare time than usual so decided to create a few nice scenes with my latest pieces in game and show how it's all coming on. There is still a LOT to do.

Even making a map using entirely BIS assets is a HUGE undertaking- but I'm creating 90% of the assets first, and THEN starting to make the map, so you can imagine the time frame we're taking mate.

All these latest shots and videos are just so I can cut loose for a little while and remind myself why I'm doing this- as it's quite enjoyable to create little scenarios and see them play out in the engine and hopefully you guys like to see updates once in a while too, so everyone's a winner!

@[CSLA]LUKI- Thank you very much..! :)

@TokyoIndia- Unbelievable you linked the Buzzer as I watched the same video about 2 months ago..! Don't worry, I'll be having so MUCH of this kind of stuff in NOVA ZONA mate- I love the Numbers Stations Transmission too, fantastic stuff..! :)

Edited by meshcarver

Your enthusiasm and positive attitude is something you don't see everyday in the internet anymore, that combined with your talent and attention to detail is .. just amazing. Thank you.

Oh what the hell is that sound? It's unsettling to the point that I really don't want to have to experience it, but feel a strange need to listen to it some more.

May I ask, is that a custom map or are you using the Mediterranean ones to showcase your things? Either way, it's working.

Can't wait to see more stuff, whenever it's coming.

...in motion.

@Ckrauslo- hey, that's a nice offer mate, but I'm ok for the time being. :)

@WarLord554- Cheers dude, appreciated.

@Moon_chilD- Sadly not man... It's just that in the past 3 days I've had more spare time than usual so decided to create a few nice scenes with my latest pieces in game and show how it's all coming on. There is still a LOT to do.

Even making a map using entirely BIS assets is a HUGE undertaking- but I'm creating 90% of the assets first, and THEN starting to make the map, so you can imagine the time frame we're taking mate.

All these latest shots and videos are just so I can cut loose for a little while and remind myself why I'm doing this- as it's quite enjoyable to create little scenarios and see them play out in the engine and hopefully you guys like to see updates once in a while too, so everyone's a winner!

@[CSLA]LUKI- Thank you very much..! :)

@TokyoIndia- Unbelievable you linked the Buzzer as I watched the same video about 2 months ago..! Don't worry, I'll be having so MUCH of this kind of stuff in NOVA ZONA mate- I love the Numbers Stations Transmission too, fantastic stuff..! :)

Sounds great! I wonder if you have seen this place 'the woodpecker', Duga-3 an old Russian early warning radar site. This video is pretty awesome, might help for some inspiration

...in motion.

Oh my! Lately it's hard to keep track of all your updates ( which I enjoy like a little kid )! I hope this means that the maps is going forward full steam! We really need something like this.

Although looking how creepy is turning I will only be able to play it at midday with all the lights on and Mika as a soundtrack hahahaha Just kidding :p

It would be awesome to play! BTW have you thought in adding some little checkpoints with a barrier and a half destroyed building, so you are forced to get out of the safety of your vehicle and expose yourself to whatever evil to open the barrier...

I already have plans for this map >: ) will this be alive compatible also, because that'd be cool having a war in a spooky place