Sign in to follow this  
Dadster

C01:  convoy

I've read through the discussion in a similar post below but can't seem to find the information I require. In this mission I completed the following:

1. Deliver supplies to Lamentin

2. Go back to Lamentin and wait there for support

I am now working on Hold the Southern Road, which I have held for an eternity. I have killed everything that came my way. I went out looking for strays. I went to other towns and nothing is happening. I can't get anything to trigger the end of the mission. There may be more guys out there but I can't find them. Am I missing something here or should I just give up on this mission, which just doesn't seem to be particularly well done. Thanks for any help you can provide. I've tried waiting for hours and searching for more bad guys but nothing seems to do the trick.

Dadster

I'v beaten this mission before, but youre right about it not being very well done. I personally think this mission was rushed, because its one of the bugiest missions i'v ever seen come out of BIS. But anyway,...

Sometimes, its just good to start over and get a fresh start, but if you dont want to, all i can really tell you is just to look for all the enemies you can around lamentin and kill them.

If played out right, you should get a message saying a transport will be there down by the shore. When this happens, theres a few things you need to do.

First off, you need to take down the Hind patrolling around there, or else it will take out your pick-up. The vulcan there does this well, if it hasnt been destroyed yet. Just put two guys in there and position them down by the shore. They'll take out the Hind no problem. If you dont have the vulcan anymore, you can use an AA launcher and a LAW rocket to take down the Hind.

Second, you'll probably need to kill the driver and gunner of the ship, because for some reason, the thing doesnt move when you get into it! No idea why, but in any case, you can still pilot the thing yourself and get yourself back to the hospital. Thats it. Thats how you beat this "mission" confused.gif

Yeah I just might start over. I will look once again all around Lamentin to see if I missed anyone. And I do have the Vulcan and did already take down a Hind but I'm not sure that's the one to which you are referring. Thanks again for the advice. If I weren't so dang anal retentive I'd just let this one go. smile.gif

Dadster

Hey, one anal retentive to another wink.gif

Just FYI, i'm farely certain thats the only hind there, so you shouldnt have to worry about your transport getting taken out. But if i remember correctly, you may have to deal with t-80's around the time it comes to pick you up. Anyway, just watch for the radio message that says a boat is coming for you. Thats the sign that the mission is about to end.

Happy hunting,

Aculaud

I really like this mission, I still play it alot.

Theres actually two ways to end this mission, the boat will come and land just west of Lamitin and wait as long as you please to pick you up, then transport you home.

Or, jump in a Hummvee and try to drive to the Hospital or Provins, both are end points.

When you get to the point that you've cleared Lametin and your standing around waiting the mission isnt over if you don't want it to be. Dark is falling and things can get interesting outside of town. I head due east, back to where I was ambushed, there was a armor platoon waiting there in ambush, 1 T-80, I think, didnt hang around very long, and multiple soldiers patrolling. SO I belined around them, headed toward La Moule. I believe and another patrol was roaming the town, there was a empty T-55 sitting in town, but it was well defended by Russians. So I headed north towards the hospital, another pair of patrols hunting for me along the way, then I ran in to a pair of M1A1's and they lite the bastards up for me as I sat on a hill top and laughed. By now it was pretty dark so I rolled up to the airstrip, nothing there, checked out the remaining bases, by now it was dark as hell. I'm parked in Montigac waiting for daylight.

SO when I get more free time I am going to let the game run threw the night and go exploring for baddies. I only have myself and 2 troops so we are limited in what we can take down, but it is still fun to hunt and kill when you have no idea whats out there.

My problem is I can't get the radio message. I keep going out and looking for guys to kill and I find some from time to time but nothing else happens. I found the M1A1's and we killed some bad guys but I'm still sitting waiting for something to trigger the end of the mission, which just ain't happening. I think I'll try the Hummvee route and see what happens there. Thanks for your inputs again folks.

Dadster

Okay, this is starting to annoy me. I've now got a fourth objective which is to get back to one of these bases; Provins or Hospital. I am given this objective as I approach Provins and as soon as it appears it's already X'd out in red. What's with that? I'm sitting in the base and it tells me I didn't get to the base? Well, it may be possible to win this since others have said they've done it but it's just a tad too lame for me. Thanks again for those who tried to help.

Dadster

Is this CO1 Convoy mission in the single player mission category where your convoy is ambushed, so you have to recover and head back to the village where you have to hold out against soviet tanks and mechanized infantry?

If so, beating those bloody tanks that surround the village is impossible!

Yes, that's the one. Also, I've messed with it a little more and after I got the red X while in Provins I was able to get the Home Sweet Home box on my screen. I then went to Home Sweet Home and of course nothing happened. I just sat there and the mission didn't end. I'm going to try this once more from scratch and if I get the same problems punt. smile.gif

Dadster

I found something odd about this mission - basiacally I ran over the jeep that leads the convoy before reaching the first drop point - then I myself alone proceeded to the village (Le Moule???) where the cut scene took over and the other two trucks appeared. - It then let me carry on as normal.

So I drove down the road as usual (where you are usually ambushed) but nothing - so I drove to the next town (Provins??? Lamentin??? Im not sure)

When I got to the cross roads I turned right and proceeded up the road for a short while - I noticed rather a lot of enemy units, so I disembarked thinking the tanks/bmp/rpg's would blow the hell outta my truck lol

Anyway they mustn't have reached a way point/trigger telling them to open fire as the units just sat there while I picked them off - and even the bmps/T72's didnt react when I started firing off RPG's at them.

Now after about 5 minutes the usual radio message/voice message came up saying the convoy has been ambushed, the guy in the jeep is dead etc.

So I proceeded to the ambush point and cleared up the enemy units and made my way back to the town where you have to protect the road.

Well I had already killed the small force - but I manned the machine gun emplacements and the vulcan with my men. The Vulcan took out the Hind and my men in the machine guns made light work of the enemy infantry, I only had two sets attack me - one from the sea and the other from other side - both were killed off pretty quickly. So I went out on a recon with the jeep/machine gun - and couldnt fin any more men - now it's dark as I have been playing for so long and I couldnt get the end misison to trigger sad.gif

maybe due to me going off Rambo stylee caused the triggers to become unusable etc.

Wow, there must be some tricky triggers that must need to get set for things to work properly.

I've played the mission a few more times and never had had a problem, the boat shows up right after I clear the village(lametin) and I can go back to base, or just jump in the Humvee and haul ass for the hospital or provins.

Might have to try and go rambo and see if it screws up like others have had.

The only thing that did occur that bothered me was the radio message says 4 t-80s inbound but only 2 show up. There dumber than dirt though, easy work with the Carl Gustov right up there pooper. biggrin.gif

I have yet to beat this mission fully, but I did have an amusing go at it the other day.....I nailed the hind with an AA launcher and the pilots LANDED, then bailed out. Shot them both, and stole the Hind. Made short work of the tanks (duh), but then for some bizarre reason the freaking thing just blew up for no apparent reason and I didnt' have a save game........sigh.

Ok, I think I've sorted out how one of the problem triggers works.

After returning to Lamentin and speaking with the officer in charge, the plan should update to include holding the Southern Road.  But, whenever I've managed to keep any enemy infantry from entering the town then the Southern Road task remains indefinitely.  In other words, the mission's trigger seems to be based on failing that objective.

Once an enemy soldier has entered the town (not necessarily even near the Southern Road), the conversation with "we can see 3, no 4 tanks..." will activate along with the final objective - escaping to a friendly base.

I gotta say though, that even with the unfortunate forced failure trigger, this is still one of my favourite missions.

Hey, is there a patch for this or anything? even when i take the boat back, and have defended the base and no tanks come, it still X's out the defend south road box! please help. any new leads?

Hal

I've been playing this mission for years and I still can't figure out what the trigger is. But I think Bernadotte is right about the failure trigger. I have observed that when the ruskies are all over the place and kicking your ass that's when it usually triggers. I manage to defend the base, "collected" M60's, BMP's, M1A1's, M113's and still did not trigger the T-80's (I think I blew it up on my recon. Ooops!). Is there a way to open this map or mission in the editor? So we can finally see where the trigger is?

i've played this mission before many times, but not for awhile. Ive always got to the point the tanks come rolling on, i destroy as many as i can, then i end up with Russian paratroopers dropping in. Its one hard mission, i think the main aim is really to survive the mission you cant beat it, its too hard to hold the south road.

Hey guys, I am 14 years late (sorry for that), but I've fixed this mission. If you succesfully defend Lamentin, that objective "hold southern road" will turn "done"...no matter if it failed or not (it fails when too many friendly soldiers die or russians get too close)...and if you manage to kill those friendly soldiers somehow after completing this objective, it will still change to done(repeating trigger). When you hear the message of boat incoming, you will have 3 options (but first, destroy that MI24 Hind):

1. Kill the driver of the boat, board it and then just drive north
  2. Go to hospital
  3. There is a third end east of the hospital, but i guess hospital is a better option

After this, the game should end with the "good end", telling you that you are on a boat....

Haven't tried it myself yet, I will probably try it next week, when i will have time.

BTW: I am czech, so i easily understood those triggers....

https://www.ulozto.net/xu8KfyNM/c01convoy-eden-zip#_ga=1.116319810.554056859.1446949851

if the link does not work, try this: https://www.uloz.to/xu8KfyNM/c01convoy-eden-zip

PS. i did not PBO it, cos I am lazy to do that...but that does not matter, does it?

• Like 1