Sign in to follow this  
eble

China's New Stealth Fighter J-31

Ok here we have another Chinese stealth fighter: (not to be confused with the J-20 Stealth Fighter we saw last year)

http://www.news.com.au/world/new-j-31-fighter-gives-china-a-fighting-chance/story-fndir2ev-1226509942525

939624-china-fighter.jpg

CHINA has unveiled a new advanced fighter jet - the second in only two years.

AS cost-blowouts and technical troubles continue to delay the United States' only new fighter, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, China appears to be rapidly gaining ground in the technological arms race.

Earlier this year China' first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, entered active service. A large stealth fighter, designated the J-20, was revealed to the public last year.

Late last week, China's state media unveiled the new, smaller, strike fighter designated J-31.

The prototype flew for 11 minutes on Wednesday morning, the state-run Global Times reported.

942040-china-fighter.jpg

942855-j-31.jpg

Edited by Eble

Now BIS has a good reason to include an F-35 analogue to China-backed Iran :yay:

Looks like a better looking F-35, due to heavy F-22 gene input.

No matter the looks, what mattes in the end is performance. Obviously still a prototype, but by now it is evident that the stealth superiority of the US is a thing of the past. 2010 was the date where all legacy fighter designs, as well as the Eurocanards, were pushed to obsolescence.

I think it would be sensible if the US ditched the F-35, restarted the F-22 program, and also made an export F-22 available.

I was just simply making a reference to Futurama :p

Now BIS has a good reason to include an F-35 analogue to China-backed Iran :yay:

As long as they also sold/built an aircraft carrier if Iran got these, I don't see how it happens.

Well it looks more like a copy of something else than the T-50, which people were calling the 'Raptorski', which is patently retarded.

I was just simply making a reference to Futurama :p

Ya, i was kidding. BTW, i think i remember having read that the Chinese weren't able to produce their own jet engine, is this true ?

BTW, i think i remember having read that the Chinese weren't able to produce their own jet engine, is this true ?

They could, but only 1/20 of the production performance compare to Saturn and GE. Right now the WS-10 they're producing is far less adequate than the requirement, since they're still had not much funding for expanding the assembly line, technicians as well as not fully stress-tested it. As for the replacement of RD-93, which is WS-13, it's still developing and not even have an actual picture of it, so it's not produced (would be take a long while to finish since they don't want to disappoint JF-17 buyers).

There are two reasons as Chinese military industry keep buying russian turbofan engines: the lacks of productivity for mass quantity as mentioned, and for the replacement and maintenance for Chinese jets which is still using AL-31 and D-30.

Well it looks more like a copy of something else than the T-50, which people were calling the 'Raptorski', which is patently retarded.
Not any more retarded as calling the R-77 the "RAPTORski" carries "AMRAAMski".

AMRAAMski's fired from the RAPTORski's to take out the American....skis?

Funny the SAC had maiden-flight two fighters in a week, one is J-31 as mentioned, while the other is J-15S (two-seated J-15). I wonder if there's a Russian Su-33 which is two-seaters as well?

Stealth isn't a silver bullet.

Could've agree more since Arma series never simulate stealth (or too close to avoid radar detection by small maps).

Stealth isn't a silver bullet.

Amen.

Versus almost any air or ground target;

1x $$$$ Stealth FB vs. 3x $ high speed UAV platforms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_X-47B

Guess which I think ultimately (after R&D is done) has a much higher chance of hitting the target.

Technology moves on .......

Oh .... and then theres Swarm tech ..... scary!

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Gnat;2249109']Amen.

Versus almost any air or ground target;

1x $$$$ Stealth FB vs. 3x $ high speed UAV platforms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_X-47B

Guess which I think ultimately (after R&D is done) has a much higher chance of hitting the target.

Technology moves on .......

Oh .... and then theres Swarm tech ..... scary!

Several trigger-happy FB pilots may lost their jobs. Besides, maybe it'd be even more scarier when hack-wars comes by even with drones?

maybe it'd be even more scarier when hack-wars comes by even with drones?

Yeh ... a the ultimate battle could be short circuited at the last minute by some sleeper kill-code secretly embedded in the drones firmware !

hmmmm .... anyhow, OT

.... I want a 5000 poly 3d file of it ..... so I can then chase it with the dozens of aircraft in ArmA ;)

Hi all

Well the Iranians and Pakistanis will have given them access to the stealth coatings from the stealth copter that was incompletley destroyed and the drone that was captured, on a make us one too option. Though the Chinese along with Israel were famed in defense contractor circles for shoving USB devices into any PC port available at tradefares, and with their own spying programs they probably had access to it all allready.

So I am guessing Iran and Pakistan will be getting stealth Jets over the next ten years too.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

True Walker, but I'm sure our good ol' friends in 'Merica are already working on ways to make that stealth coat outdated and make a new one. Can't remember where I saw it...think it might have been on here..but they're already planing on the F-22's replacement to keep ahead of the PAK-FA and J-20/31?

Funny the SAC had maiden-flight two fighters in a week, one is J-31 as mentioned, while the other is J-15S (two-seated J-15). I wonder if there's a Russian Su-33 which is two-seaters as well?

There is a reason why for the pass 30 years SAC have been a joke amount the industry. In fact it is SAC themself that are holding back the advancement of china air defense technology break through, china airforce have had enough of it and choose J-10 over J-11, and refused to pay for the development of J-31; YES, you heard that right, J-31 is in fact the first manufacturer self funded fighter project in china, SAC had sell their own assets to fund it, with their boss taking full responsibly if the porject fail to make any profits.

Edited by 4 IN 1