Sign in to follow this  
admiral526

how to change class name of character?

Hi guyz :)

I was wondering how to change unit's class name. For example when I put unit 'Soldier (unarmed)' and point my rifle at it in game, hovering text says 'Soldier (unarmed)'. I want that text to say 'Sniperman', because it'll be stupid to have a soldier with 'unarmed' in its name that carries a sniper.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do that?

If you don't understand what I'm saying, I'll try to explain better.

Thanks...

Just a heads up, "class names" are generally referred to by the editing community in a different sense. At any rate, when you are creating a soldier, try putting what name you would like in the description.

I tried that, but... Hovering text is still 'Soldier (unarmed)'.

Dunno what to do... :(

Btw, when I'm in multiplayer editor, when I add units and make them playable, how can I change soldier names in lobby. For example from 'Assault Grenadier' to 'Special Operator'?

Changing it to Special Operator should be the Description field of the unit. The Soldier (unarmed) thing is an ACE feature, and I'm not sure if you can change it. :)

ACE feature???

I have no mods just basic arma 2 + operation arrowhead.

... And whatever I write in the description field, it doesn't show up in game...

To change lobby names, set the preferred name in the units description as I suggested before. 100% it will work to change the lobby names.

ACE feature???

Ohh, I see. In recruit mode it says their class and range when you point at them. I've had that turned off for so many years I didn't remember it was the default. :) Without a config change I don't think you can change that part. Just turn it off. heh

@Iceman77 thanks, it works. :) That part is solved.

@kylania how do i turn recruit mode off. Do you mean the game difficulty or what?

@kylania how do i turn recruit mode off. Do you mean the game difficulty or what?

Yup! :)