[Mvdd] EODmydog [Module]

EODmyDOG | 0.1.0 alpha

eodmydog-2.jpg

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k55cp46j51y6t64

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17945

Video | 0.1.0 alpha:

oAGr2qbt0_s

Author: Monovdd (Carlos Alberto Arango Schütz).

Version: 0.1.0 alpha.

Credits: Kmilomore (Camilo Serra Miguieles) - Kaiser (BOE 117th) - For testing the first version (2011): Scar, Paranoik y Prozac (CAA) | Special Mention to Rommel (First Script of EOD dog in Arma 2)

Description: EODmyDog is an addon (module) that extends the gameplay in Arma 2 CO, and takes the role of combat engineer to another level. This addon invokes a dog companion for the Engineer and with this you can search for mines in a specific area, looking for explosives in objects or units and attack enemies.

Features: Unlike other scripts or addons, EODmyDOG has a menu that facilitates user interaction and makes the addon user-friendly. Also it has a way to detect explosives that is fully compatible with ACE and Arma 2 CO Vanilla Version (only with CBA).

Multiplayer notes: We run several tests to ensure the playability on dedicated servers as well as non-dedicated servers. (The server must be configured to support CBA).

Requirements: ARMA 2 CO (COMBINED OPERATIONS) and CBA (Community Based addon).

Installation: Install EODmydog like other addons. If you dont know how do it follow this FAQ in http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Usage: Just put in the mission editor the module called --> [Mvdd] EODmydog [0.1.0 alpha] and sync with players wich need to have the EODmydog.

Summary of Changes and Challenges

Changes since script version to addon version

1) I Finally found a solution to send animations with ShitchMove across the network. Now the addon works absolutely fine on dedicated servers.

2) New framework for dialogs and menus.

3) New system for translating. Menus, helps and tips are now available in english and spanish. (If someone wants to help me with other language incorporation just ask via PM).

4) New Sounds, Images and stiles.

5) New Engine with less usage of network transmission.

6) New EODmydog function that extends the simulation on Arma 2 CO.

Future Challenges for this Addon

If anyone wants to help in the development send me a PM.

In order of priority

1) Create a new 3d model for EOD dog (model and textures).

2) Create a new ring and bones for EOD dog.

3) Create new animations for the 3d model of EOD dog.

4) Create a new engine with FSM to simplify process in the cpu.

5) Record a new sounds for EOD dog.

If you have any issue (bug) with EODmydog i urge you to post here in order to resolve problems and release new free-bug versions of EODmydog.

logoeodmydog-2.jpg

Edited by monovdd

ecce mono!

wena!

cheers!

Buena Robster!!!

Donde estás metido? Un abrazo y saludes al Malaco.

:)

How about we all stick to English on these forums? Its a pretty standard rule here for a long time already.

Is just a salute...but ok. The rules are the rules.

Edited by monovdd

Hi, great mod.

Everything is working, but everytime i open the menu a script error appears (i activated showscripterror):

Error in expression <ODmydog\files\EODmydog_MENU_VARS.sqf";

sleep 1;

EODMG_Pressed_shiftL = false;

>

Error position: <sleep 1;

EODMG_Pressed_shiftL = false;

>

Error Generic error in expression

File EODmydog\files\EODmydog_TECLADO.sqf, line 112

Suspending not allowed in this context

I have a other question, is it possible to set english to the standard-lanuage in the beginning to skip the language-select menu ?

File EODmydog\files\EODmydog_TECLADO.sqf, line 112

Thanks for reporting. That error is produced because a declared function into sqf can't be submitted to sleep or waitUntil. Is my mistake but is now solved because of you. I need to run some tests to ensure that the changes that i made, works well in multiplayer. So in the middle of the week, i will be releasing a HotFix...the version 0.1.1 alpha, in wich one im going to include some fixes for errors inside the engine and in the dialogs. So be aware to download, maybe the wenesday, a new version.

Nevertheless, that error is just generic and the engine of Arma 2 CO can continue executing EODmydog without any crash.

I have a other question, is it possible to set english to the standard-lanuage in the beginning to skip the language-select menu ?

To your other question, the answer is no. In this version, always the first time on the mission when you press the key combination, will appear first the dialog to select the language.

Ty again. =)

Edited by monovdd

Thanks for reporting. That error is produced because a declared function into sqf can't be submitted to sleep or waitUntil. Is my mistake but is now solved because of you. I need to run some tests to ensure that the changes that i made, works well in multiplayer. So in the middle of the week, i will be releasing a HotFix...the version 0.1.1 alpha, in wich one im going to include some fixes for errors inside the engine and in the dialogs. So be aware to download, maybe the wenesday, a new version.

Nevertheless, that error is just generic and the engine of Arma 2 CO can continue executing EODmydog without any crash.

To your other question, the answer is no. In this version, always the first time on the mission when you press the key combination, will appear first the dialog to select the language.

Ty again. =)

Thank you

Stringtable and localize always do the magic. No needs for a Language menu and stuff, scalable translations too.

Of course, if you want the menu in the same language ;)

BR

Hi, still waiting for the fixed version.

Hope you find some time to fix the error. thank you. best dog-addon i´ve ever seen.

Tried the mod for a bit today, also had the script error occur everytime, I also noticed the dog does not move when I order it to search for explosives in my area

dno if that is related to the script error

any idea on a release date?

really love the concept of this mod!

Hello there great work on the mod! I m using mod with ACE, getting few error as well, but mod is working ok. Only a few question? how can i remove the first menu question that ask you if you want English or Spanish? Another thing, how can I limit the use of this mode to an specific player?

This looks really interesting, should be cool with EOD mod

To bad i cant watch the video here in germany, youtube blocks it because of GEMA < :mad: