Sign in to follow this  
Kempco

JTK Weapon Suppressor Script

Yeah, I was using ACE, sorry. I thought ACE was supported.

ACE is supported, but there are issues with the AKMs: There is one where the magazines are not configured and another where the weapon picture does not match the weapon. (The picture has a scope, while the weapon does not). These have to do with the ACE configs for these weapons, not the script.

ACE is supported, but there are issues with the AKMs: There is one where the magazines are not configured and another where the weapon picture does not match the weapon. (The picture has a scope, while the weapon does not). These have to do with the ACE configs for these weapons, not the script.

Basically ACE should convert the Ammo to SD ammo when you switch to a SD weapon, right? It´s just those AKMs that have the problem?

ACE approaches it differently. Instead of the projectile handing the damage, the weapon determines the damage. So, the reason a Suppressed m4 in ACE does less damage is because the M4 SD is weaker then the M4, not because the bullet fired is weaker. I don't think ACE swaps the magazines, instead, I think it adds the SD magazines to the allowed magazine list of each weapon and leaves the damage dealt to the weapon. (Don't quote me on that but I'm assuming that's how its done). What ever voodo they got going on, for what ever reason, ain't going on for the AKMs. The good news is, the "infinite ammo" is not an issue in ACE, since the mags are handled from the cfg directly.

version 1.6

Added: ACR DLC Weapons (NOT Added to Weapons Crate. cgfPatch reference needed).

Fixed: (ACE version) "ACE_AKMS" and "ACE_AKMS_SD".

Fixed: (ACE version) Option would be available while player was in a vehicle.

Kempco,

Hey, I have hopefully what's nothing more than a quick question. Is there a class name or some kind of parameter I can use in order to start a mission with the Suppressor already attached to whatever weapon I'm using? The reason I ask is b/c for one, I use ACE pretty much 100% of the time, however, as I mentioned on another topic, I've had an issue using certain functions of that MOD, in particular the "Self Interaction Menu." It just doesn't appear for me and I'm also unable to edit any of the settings, in this case, the key commands. I can go into the settings screen but not only can I not change any of the key settings, I don't even know what some of them are since NONE of them have anything listed. The box is empty.

For example, the "Self Interaction Menu" is listed, but the box that's to its right, is empty and shows nothing. Its just a white box. So, I'm trying to a least find some shortcuts around the issue for right now. Hence, why I ask about a class name or start up parameter.

Thank you.

Why the CTAR-21 from Robert Hammer's RH HK416 Pack isn't supported?

why the "CTAR-21" from the RH HK416 pack is not supported?
Probably because it doesn't have a suppressed version IIRC.

Can't really put a suppressor on something that doesn't have a suppressed variant.

Kempco,

Hey, I have hopefully what's nothing more than a quick question. Is there a class name or some kind of parameter I can use in order to start a mission with the Suppressor already attached to whatever weapon I'm using? The reason I ask is b/c for one, I use ACE pretty much 100% of the time, however, as I mentioned on another topic, I've had an issue using certain functions of that MOD, in particular the "Self Interaction Menu." It just doesn't appear for me and I'm also unable to edit any of the settings, in this case, the key commands. I can go into the settings screen but not only can I not change any of the key settings, I don't even know what some of them are since NONE of them have anything listed. The box is empty.

For example, the "Self Interaction Menu" is listed, but the box that's to its right, is empty and shows nothing. Its just a white box. So, I'm trying to a least find some shortcuts around the issue for right now. Hence, why I ask about a class name or start up parameter.

Thank you.

Not really, the easiest way would be to get the weapon you want from the JTK crate and equip it. Or if your dead set on starting with the suppressed version you could do the following:

1. Place a weapons crate with all the non-suppressd variants on the map.

2. Go through and find what weapon you want to start with, without the suppressor.

3. Use the script to equip the suppressor to said weapon.

4. Create a trigger: Activation radio ALPHA, repeatable, and in the On Act. field copy and paste the following:

On Activation:

MyWeapon = currentWeapon player;
hintSilent format ["Weapon:\n\n%1\n\nHas been coppied to clipboard.",MyWeapon];
copyToClipboard str(MyWeapon);

The above code will copy and paste and the name of your weapon to your clipboard.

7. Once you have the weapon name copy and paste it into the following script:

_unit = _this select 0;

_weapon = YOUR_WEAPON_NAME_FROM_CLIPBOARD;//<==============HERE
_number_of_mags = 5;
_mag = getArray(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines");

removeAllweapons _unit;

for "_i" from 1 to _number_of_mags do {_unit addmagazine _mag}; 
_unit addWeapon _weapon; 

Kempko

What about UKF Weapon pack?

can you work your awesome mojo on that pack?

I have that in our clan weapon loadout for a brit player and he is all sad faced with out the same options we get?

UKF_UKFWEP is the addon we get from SIX. It is pretty sweet.

Thanks again for an AWESOME addition.

I just love this.

With RSLO and this I am set in seconds.

Edited by Styxx42

Hey Kempko, thanks for your awsome work!!

Ive run into a problem though...was running v1.2 flawlessly up until the latest CBA update, where you have to delete CBA, CBA_A2, and CBA_OA, update to the new CBA_CO, and then enable the latest beta expansion to get the game to finally run(what a PITA!).....after finally getting my game to run without any errors, I come to find the JTK suppressors no longer work :(

I imagine it has something to do with the new version of CBA, or possibly its looking for something it needs to run in the wrong place???

Thanks for any help you can give me to get this going again!!

Edited by CSS_Hayzee
bad grammar

CSS_Hayzee

I am running v1.6 of this script , latest beta, cba_co etc and everything works fine. You may want to download the latest version of Kempco's suppressor script and see if that fixes the problem.

How does this mod influence the hearing of AI of the suppressed / unsuppressed weapons?

Does it change on the fly?

(i.e. ASR_AI changes the ability to hear suppressed weapons in a shorter range than the suppressed.)

Edited by Kroky

nice mod that's perfect i want to know if you already set the L115A3 from P-UKF in it ?

Concerning the UFK Weapons Pack v1.1 (by the UK Forces Team):

I had a suspicion they were missing, there were only 2-3 weapons that were suppressible, (if I remember correctly), and they were likely deleted on a accident. Will fix, especially since it says they are included.

How does this mod influence the hearing of AI of the suppressed / unsuppressed weapons?

Does it change on the fly?

(i.e. ASR_AI changes the ability to hear suppressed weapons in a shorter range than the suppressed.)

Everything should work fine, no conflicts with ASR_AI.

Everything should work fine, no conflicts with ASR_AI.

You didn't get the point I was asking seba, I think.

My question is not if it's conflicting (it's not, I know), the question is if the AI (scripted by ASR_AI i.e.) is reacting differently when firing a suppressed weapon after using the suppression script. Or does the AI "hear" the weapons still like it is unsuppressed?

Another issue is the damage values. I played the attached test misson and found out that the damage values with suppressed and unsuppressed weapons are the same. :( (the mission on Utes has a scipt which is showing the damage values)

So all in all it's a nice script Kempco, but it's only for eye and ear candy, but not actually changing the weapon itself and the related behavior of the AI.

My question is not if it's conflicting (it's not, I know), the question is if the AI (scripted by ASR_AI i.e.) is reacting differently when firing a suppressed weapon after using the suppression script. Or does the AI "hear" the weapons still like it is unsuppressed?

Another issue is the damage values. I played the attached test misson and found out that the damage values with suppressed and unsuppressed weapons are the same. :( (the mission on Utes has a scipt which is showing the damage values)

So all in all it's a nice script Kempco, but it's only for eye and ear candy, but not actually changing the weapon itself and the related behavior of the AI.

If you are using the vanilla version, the damage of the weapon will change because the projectile being fired has changed because the script does swap your magazines. Otherwise you would be correct. What probably happened is you fired a regular m4 with subsonic ammo, (some weapons w/o suppressors can fire both SD and non-SD magazines however their suppressed counterpart can only use SD),in which case the damage would remain the same. The script includes a demo mission with a range that has been calibrated to display the weapons damage on a person (i.e. damage dealt on the popup is converted using a multiplier I derived).

As for the ACE version, im not exactly sure how handle weapon damage exactly. I believe its determined by the weapon and not mag type but I could be wrong. What I do know is that the mags do not have to be swapped when using ACE.

If the AI respond differently to SD and non-SD weapons normally then they will also do so using this script since all conditions for its detection are met.

Edited by Kempco

I did get your point, since it was very clear, and so was my answer :). To put it more clearly: if, for whatever method the AI start shooting with a suppressed weapon, ASR_AI will react to the change, and viceversa. There are no eye candy only methods for the time being. This script is changing the weapon and the ammo, and the effect is the same as going to an ammo crate and picking up a different weapon/magazines.

The problem in Arma is what Kempco said, the mix between suppressed and normal weapons shooting supersonic and subsonic ammo, is not solved by the engine as it should.

Awsome Addon! Ive been waiting for somehting like this for years, as many others i guess :).

When i use the Addon version with Vanilla ArmA and take an AK from the "magic crate" that u inluded, and i equip the suppressor, after the waittime an error pops up:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ace_aks74_un'. When i click continue the AK disappears and my charakter switches to sidearm

Someone else also having that? Or is it just me somehow?

@RunForrest

Thanks for the heads up. What is happening is one version (the unsuppressed ak) is from bis and the SD is from ace. I intentionally avoided dependencies like this when I created the script to avoid such issues but that was back when ACE was a requirement. The reason you are getting the error is because you do not have the weapon the script is trying to give to you. I will add this bis weapon under the ACEX required weapons.

Kempco would you be able and willing to add the the NEW L119A1 Pack weapons (updated and with the new classnames I'm guessing is the reason it will not work) as well as Sabres Australian SOTG weapons (that come with the units mod) please? Those would be a great addition to the script and I have tried adding them myself but for some reason I can never get them to work properly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have put in many hours trying to figure it out. I'm sure it's something small that I'm not getting, but I'm drawing a blank and figured you'd be the best person to ask about adding them. I would be extremely grateful. Thank you for your time.

Kempco would you be able and willing to add the the NEW L119A1 Pack weapons (updated and with the new classnames I'm guessing is the reason it will not work) as well as Sabres Australian SOTG weapons (that come with the units mod) please? Those would be a great addition to the script and I have tried adding them myself but for some reason I can never get them to work properly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have put in many hours trying to figure it out. I'm sure it's something small that I'm not getting, but I'm drawing a blank and figured you'd be the best person to ask about adding them. I would be extremely grateful. Thank you for your time.

The class names of the weapons MUST be all lower case to work.