Sign in to follow this  
Double Doppler

Taser Mod

Arma 2 Taser Mod

I'm here to announce that I am working on the Taser Pack for Arma 2. I noticed there are few (if none at all) Taser mods for Arma 2 (some "life communities" created some but they are restricted to their mod pack...), so I thought I would take up the challenge to create one, to gain a bit of experience with the skills involved in addon creation. Here is one that can be used by everybody!

Included in this mod will be working Taser scripts, special effects and high quality models. It will be released to the public when it is finished, and would be great for police/role play communities who use Tasers quite often, and also insurgency players who want to subdue insurgents for restraining etc. Say goodbye to those makarov "stun pistols" :)

Everything was purpose created by myself from scratch (except for a few stock BI materials here and there) as part of a training exercise.

Current Features:

• 3D Models, Textures & Configs Created From Scratch
  • Taser X26 (Black & Yellow)
  • Taser X3 (Black & Yellow)
  • Custom Taser-style muzzleflashes
  • Working flashlight on all variants
  • Custom Taser sound effects
  • Emmissive CID unit
  • Purpose built effect scripts (MP Compatible & Life Mission Compatible)
  • Works in SP with AI too
  • Drive stun mode
  • Ability to incapacitate a player/unit for 30 seconds
  • Custom pain effects will be displayed when hit by a taser round
  • Realistic ammo loadouts - X26 mags carry only 1 round, and X3 mags carries 3 rounds
  • Perfect for insurgency military enthusiasts, and "Life Mod" communities

Possible Future Additions:

• XREP Taser Shotgun
  • Holster Script (for the ability to carry a pistol as well as a taser)

The tasers and magazines take up the pistol slots so I might create a holster script in a future release that will work specifically on the taser (I can't guarantee that though) which will allow you to carry your pistol AND taser (as we all know how frustrating that is as a cop on life missions...)

Also I have tried to make this mod compatible with the "life missions", that means the scripts included should not conflict with the life mission restrain system.

Buldozer Screenshots:

Taser X26 (Black)

buldozertaserx26black.jpg

Taser X26 (Yellow)

buldozertaserx26yellow.jpg

Taser X3 (Yellow)

buldozertaserx3yellow.jpg

Taser X3 (Black)

buldozertaserx3black.jpg

Taser X3 (A View Of The Cartridges)

buldozertaserx3yellowca.jpg

Taser X3 (Central Information Display Unit)

buldozertaserx3cid.jpg

All is good so far, however the Taser scripts have not been fully tested on MP (run on a full mission).

I will try to get some in-game pics up soon so stay tuned in this thread for another post.

Edited by Double Doppler

Sweet, now I can effectively remove those god-damn hippies protesting about my refineries in Takistan.

... Before I had to use T-55's. The UN didnt like that.

We had a tazer on short lived RP group, good times :D until someone thought they were fixing my code and ended up making it kill people -_-

That is awesome! I currently carry an X26, but am switching over to the X2. My agency was going to get the X3 but it is too bulky, and when you drive stun someone it leaves a nice puss filled mess on the body part it is applied to. That and the first person gets tased for 15 seconds total if you end up utilizing all three cartridges. The new X2 lets your pick who gets additional "rides" if you have deployed both cartridges, the X3 doesn't. One gets a ride, they all get a ride..... :)

We had a tazer on short lived RP group, good times :D until someone thought they were fixing my code and ended up making it kill people -_-

Maybe the whole town had congenital heart defects? :D

@Double Doppler: Can you post wireframe's?

Bloody annoying mind, you would tazer someone and on top of the script working, ACE would send them in that medical thing where they needed bandages..morphine..and sometime CPR lol

I uploaded some more screens (in-game this time), click on the links to view them (they are over 100KB):

Taser X3

Taser X3 (Set)

Taser X3 (Details & Safety Labels)

Taser X3 (Magazine)

Taser X3 (CID & Torch)

Taser X26

Taser X26 (Set)

Taser X26 (Details & Safety Labels)

Taser X26 (Ironsights)

Taser X26 (Torch)

View The Complete Set

CID of the X26 is set to "- -" (this means the weapon is ready and has been in fire mode for more than one minute)

Unfortunately there is no dynamic CID system because of the game limitations (AFAIK you can only use set object texture or custom animations for vehicles).

This is great as long as it doesn't kill people :) Just a friendly sting hahahaha

Don't worry lol - I designed the projectiles so that they only do a very small amount of damage (just like in real life).

Bloody annoying mind, you would tazer someone and on top of the script working, ACE would send them in that medical thing where they needed bandages..morphine..and sometime CPR lol

As for ACE, this wasn't designed with ACE in mind so I don't know if it will work with it. It should work alright with it though.

Why would you want to see the wireframes?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am still working on it as we speak.

nah ACE isn't to blame, whoever changed the code inherited off the 9x19 round and forgot to change the damage to 0.0000001 :P

Why would you want to see the wireframes?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am still working on it as we speak.

Just interested to see how much is modeled vs texture, detail wise and how you work.

Nice work DD, Very nice looking model.

Only thing I noticed is that on the black x26 the logo on the handle is black instead of silver

http://www.womenonguard.com/images/taser-x26c-deployment.jpg

http://www.protectionspecialities.com/cat/26009-.jpg

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2008/05/28/va1237310237961/Taser-X26-6062356.jpg

Edited by FuzzySquirrel

Nice work DD, Very nice looking model.

Only thing I noticed is that on the black x26 the logo on the handle is black instead of silver

http://www.womenonguard.com/images/taser-x26c-deployment.jpg

http://www.protectionspecialities.com/cat/26009-.jpg

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2008/05/28/va1237310237961/Taser-X26-6062356.jpg

Thanks, I noticed that - I had a version with a silver shock plate on it as well (in fact there is even a yellow version with a silver shock plate), but decided the black one looked much better.

Apparently the one version with the black shock plate is what the NYPD will be issued with (when they move to using the X26):

http://www.colorlines.com/archival_images/taser_police.jpg

Just interested to see how much is modeled vs texture, detail wise and how you work.

I will try to dig up a pic of the wire frames, but apparently my buldozer viewer is having a problem rendering them at the moment. If you are a modeler and you have tips on how I could improve the mesh for my next models that would be great, seeing as these are some of my first models created outside O2. I used a mix of polygons and normal mapping to achieve the detailed results.

Well sit tight guys apparently I have 2 parties that have offered to test the model for bugs. I am also working on a video showing the features of the mod.

Trying not to be impatient but are there any news on this?

It was scheduled to release in late November/December but the release is now pushed to sometime within the next month or so due to some testing issues.

I will be working on a video soon, which will preview the scripts in action.

one US company[founded by Russian emigrant)produce full-auto tasers.

most interesting detail - uses non-insulated wires.

would nice to see this thing in mod too.

hope that you get more of this awesome looking work done!

CPL. Robert Kruchten

23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd ID

1st Platoon

1st Squad

Alpha Team Leader

*Update*

The delay in release was caused by unexpected bugs with a full server running a Life-Mission in a dedicated server environment, I could not reproduce the problem in my testing environment because it was not my server, so I cooperated with the administrators into diagnosing the problem.

As the main target of this addon is for the RP community, testing on that environment remains the top priority. Due to the nature of communications and organization, and the fact that it is a live server (with real players), the delay is natural. I will be working on getting it out as soon as possible.