Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

Star Wars: Episode 7

Which misses the point that Star Wars was never meant to resemble hard science fiction. It's space opera fantasy, and the Force is obviously supposed to be a religious/philosophical kind of magic. A weak-ass scientific explanation just kills it.

I wouldn't say kills it but I do understand where you're coming from. If nothing else, a better explanation was in order. Or as you said, nothing.

I never understood why people hated the medichlorians thing so much. It at least gives it some kind of scientific reasoning opposed to "It's magic"
It's the same with Star Trek's Klingon forehead ridges that appeared first 1979 in the Motion Picture...The "explanation they came up with in 2004 in "Enterprise" was not well recepted.

It's the same with Star Trek's Klingon forehead ridges that appeared first 1979 in the Motion Picture...The "explanation they came up with in 2004 in "Enterprise" was not well recepted.

Wasn't it? I thought it was as good an explanation as any, but then again I guess after years of mass speculation with different groups of fans creating and getting behind various wild theories, any "official" explanation is going to step on most peoples toes. (Because the story they believed turns out to be false.) Some questions are probably best left unanswered so the fans can keep their little speculation circle jerk going. :D

It's the same thing with the midichlorians. Decades of fan-speculation about how the force works gone down the drain... of course they're pissed. ;)

As for Star Wars "Episode 7", I'm looking forward to it. Disney has been doing pretty well in the movie department, and I dare say anyone can do a better job making a Star Wars movie than George Lucas. (Though hear he's staying on in an "advisory role"... that's really the only disappointing part of this news.)

Well, I think it's actually a great news. Disney isn't that bad. They already have Pixar and even Marvel under their wings and they aren't much for worse because of that, aren't they? And as many pointed out before me, they can't do more damage to Star Wars than Lucas already did. Oh, and btw - it means that Disney also have rights to Indiana Jones now!

The previous 1-2-3 episodes should be a complete guide of what not to do at all ever again with the franchise.

I would be seriously bookmarking all info on this if they said Daren Oronofsky or Peter Jackson or Ridley Scott brought into directing the projects.

I remember as 1-2-3 es were coming out Lord Of The Rings was overlapping, now, I realise they are different in regards to location and story, but from the "George - I decided to do everything in blue screen and if I had a choice I would film an entire cast and then put them into CGI and may as well have got pixar to animate a CGI cartoon for what its worth, becuase the acting was so wooden getting humans to pretend it may as well have been 100 percent CGI, and then the CGI was sub par at best compared to other films of the time - Lucas" ... it was not even in the same ballpark to compare the CGI/Human mix quality. I mean ... Just look at the "all of a sudden" CGI Yoda compared to hybrid mix of Golum ... one had me with my mouth wide open, the other was a kinder egg surprise with a raised eyebrow.

Now its Disney I expect more cheese to be added for the younger folks (although CGI I would expect to be on point ref Pixar link etc). I just wish they would go with how the Batman Troligy worked, a darker edge more raw and less trying to satisfy every age range on the planet.

But ... I doubt that will happen with Disney all over it. Merchandise-a-go-go.

Its either that or im older and need to let it go ... ;)

Edited by mrcash2009

Standby.

Ion control. Fire!

Wasn't it? I thought it was as good an explanation as any, but then again I guess after years of mass speculation with different groups of fans creating and getting behind various wild theories, any "official" explanation is going to step on most peoples toes. (Because the story they believed turns out to be false.) Some questions are probably best left unanswered so the fans can keep their little speculation circle jerk going. :D

It's the same thing with the midichlorians. Decades of fan-speculation about how the force works gone down the drain... of course they're pissed. ;)

As for Star Wars "Episode 7", I'm looking forward to it. Disney has been doing pretty well in the movie department, and I dare say anyone can do a better job making a Star Wars movie than George Lucas. (Though hear he's staying on in an "advisory role"... that's really the only disappointing part of this news.)

Which misses the point that Star Wars was never meant to resemble hard science fiction. It's space opera fantasy, and the Force is obviously supposed to be a religious/philosophical kind of magic. A weak-ass scientific explanation just kills it.

Adding that idea into my "Things not to do when trying to tell a story" notes.

Can't wait for Episode 7. The books are like 100 years ahead of the movies and I'd love to see a new story. :)

Can't wait for Episode 7. The books are like 100 years ahead of the movies and I'd love to see a new story. :)

And there you have the problem. The story was already continued by countless books and even games. What are they going to do

And there you have the problem. The story was already continued by countless books and even games. What are they going to do

Either they'll ignore the expanded universe entirely or they'll set the story far enough into the future to incorporate it somehow while still telling a new story.

I think they will go with the latter option, mainly because it will allow them to either work with the aged actors or just not use them at all and introduce entirely new characters.

I think it's a great idea!! The possibilities are endless the story can go in so many ways. Already pre-booked mine and MrCharleeeees tickets. (he can't wait either).

;2247367']I think it's a great idea!! The possibilities are endless the story can go in so many ways. Already pre-booked mine and MrCharleeeees tickets. (he can't wait either).

TE0-ozjC744

:o

I would love it if the new trilogy takes on the admiral Thrawn arc. Or maybe an offshot of the Academy.

I don't see a problem. I love the expanded universe and though I already know the stories (which many don't) I'd love to see an Admiral Thrawn Story. Or the Outbound Flight Project. I guess the three other following series' are too long for three films. New Jedi Order? - 20 Books! Legacy of the Force? 7 books. Fate of the Jedi? Again 7 books.

The only trilogy remaining is the Dark Nest Trilogy (except for the first 3 Thrawn books)

I think the most elegant solution would be books between Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, because the main SW characters are roughly the same age as their counterparts are today. And the younger ones (Jaina Sola, Ben Skywalker for example) could do the fighting...

On a sidenote, how are the prequels so bad? I though that Episode 3 is great and the other two would be also very good without the stupid bs scenes for kids (Jar-Jar and the droid head switch in Ep. 2)

The key points of the original trilogy are also terrible (20 X-wings wipe out a moon sized space station, the Endor shield generator is overrun by some dumb ewoks, etc)

I talked to someone who talked to someone who has a lot of spare time. You know that Lucas did write episodes 7, 8, and 9... So I'm not getting too down yet. Hope for the best. Then again, this is the BIS forum, everything is shite years before any detail are released. ;)

20 X-wings wipe out a moon sized space station

Yeah and then they send about a dozen tie fighters to deal with them. I realize there was more going on in the battle at the time. Supposedly there were other attacks taking place in the area too but the thing is the size of the moon. I would think it would have more than a few tie fighter squadrons. The original trilogy really isn't that good when you take a look at it from a common sense military point of view. (ex. flying straight at AT-ATs instead of just flanking them. Gunners somehow missing fighters as they fly straight down a trench with no room to maneuver. Giving your enemies the correct plans to your giant space station. Hell you could give them the correct plans but just add an extra wall so when they make that turn while flying through the superstructure they just smash into it.)

That being said I still enjoy watching them and I really liked them growing up. I honestly don't think the new 3 at THAT bad. There were some pretty poor decisions made but the Episode III was pretty good and the final battle in Episode II was pretty sweet too.

Giving your enemies the correct plans to your giant space station. Hell you could give them the correct plans but just add an extra wall so when they make that turn while flying through the superstructure they just smash into it.)

The plans were actually stolen by Kyle Katarn :whistle:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_to_Danuta

The plans were actually stolen by Kyle Katarn :whistle:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_to_Danuta

Yeah I know that. I loved the Dark Forces games. Even have one of the books.

I meant in Return of the Jedi when the Emperor says he gave them the plans. Why would you give them accurate plans? Why not simply change the interior so that they end up flying into a wall? It can be said that he was over confident but I still feel like it should've been done.

I don't see a problem. I love the expanded universe and though I already know the stories (which many don't) I'd love to see an Admiral Thrawn Story. Or the Outbound Flight Project. I guess the three other following series' are too long for three films. New Jedi Order? - 20 Books! Legacy of the Force? 7 books. Fate of the Jedi? Again 7 books.

The only trilogy remaining is the Dark Nest Trilogy (except for the first 3 Thrawn books)

I think the most elegant solution would be books between Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, because the main SW characters are roughly the same age as their counterparts are today. And the younger ones (Jaina Sola, Ben Skywalker for example) could do the fighting...

Thrawn is next on my list. Read the Corellia trilogy a few weeks ago.

About this expanded universe storyline: are there books covering what happened directly after episode 6? If not it wouldn't really be a problem to put some stuff in. I mean SW: Clone Wars does it too...