Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

Star Wars: Episode 7

So, now that Disney own LucasArts and announced episode 7 (and 8 and 9 and more after) what are peoples thoughts?

Could lead to some interesting plots if they put their minds to it. Yuuzhan Vong maybe if the continue after where the final film left off?

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

http://news.sky.com/story/1004857/disney-buys-lucasfilm-and-plans-new-star-wars

A new star wars by Disney? No way....

Hehe, thats what I was thinking. I found the last 3 made pretty awful except maybe the very last one which had a little more grit. I'd like to see a darker, meaner and moodier Star Wars -something like what Chistopher Nolan did with Batman with the vast backround of space to spew his dark prose.

Well, sure sounds strange but hey, disney can't do much more harm that lucas hasn't already done.

Well, sure sounds strange but hey, disney can't do much more harm that lucas hasn't already done.

In fact, the Clone Wars TV series is better than the last 3 episodes.

Well... If we get singing and dancing Teen Jedis then I WILL HAVE TO choke someone.

Noooooo.... Mickey Mouse isn't my father :rolleyes2:

LOL, now that would never happen :p

Could it....?

lucas_uni.jpg

Poor R2!

"I wanted to pass star wars down to the next generation" Yeah for 4 billion I'd probably do the same in his shoes, no more need to hope for huge box office hits or vast returns on toys and rehashed theatre or special collectors edition boxes, just sign that contract and be set for life. On the other hand if they do it any justice it would be neat to see dark empire, though hamil is getting a bit up there in years.

Edited by NodUnit

O.K. im now in anticipation for titles like "Star Wars VII: Pirates of Tattoine - the dark side of Endor".

It worked quite well for Star Trek, albeit the old, and yes the old Trekkies are old by now, were not really happy about the restart.

The whole Star Trek XI was saved by Spock and Bones, the only two characters that resembled the original ones.

Edited by Beagle

choke someone.

Don't you mean... Force Choke?... hahahaha oh why do I bother....

Any I'd be up for seeing Mark Hamill return, in what capacity i don't know but still.

Don't you mean... Force Choke?... hahahaha oh why do I bother....

Any I'd be up for seeing Mark Hamill return, in what capacity i don't know but still.

I don't know about Mark Hamill. He actually looks older than Harrison Ford :P

I don't know about Mark Hamill. He actually looks older than Harrison Ford :P

True he hasn't aged well lol, but maybe a cameo from him and Ford would be nice. Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see who they cast for the film in general...

Honey Boo boo will play Jabba the Huts daughter and the first episode will be called 101 Ewoks.

The Kardashians are likely in talks with Disney to play key characters.

Edited by jblackrupert

Honey Boo boo will play Jabba the Huts daughter and the first episode will be called 101 Ewoks.

BaHAA! Ok, that me made lol for realz yo.

To be honest I have more faith in disney than lucas, they have some talented film directors and respect to source material, just look at the Avengers. And Tron Legacy wasn't bad either, it didn't alienate the original in any way akin to what lucas did with the medichlorians.

To be honest I have more faith in disney than lucas, they have some talented film directors and respect to source material, just look at the Avengers. And Tron Legacy wasn't bad either, it didn't alienate the original in any way akin to what lucas did with the medichlorians.
It's really hard to do any further damage to Star Wars after Jar Jar Binks and the Episodes 1-3.

Episode three wasn't bad. One was pretty bad and two was just awful.

Could be interesting, I remember an Ewoks movie, was that Disney or Lucasfilm? I remember it was quite good, not a war movie, but an RPG like adventure thing... I think. Damn, I'm old. The only thing I know is that it's in the same Star Wars universe. Probably after episode 6...

Anyone remember the details? I guess it wasnt quite popular...

I never understood why people hated the medichlorians thing so much. It at least gives it some kind of scientific reasoning opposed to "It's magic"

Which misses the point that Star Wars was never meant to resemble hard science fiction. It's space opera fantasy, and the Force is obviously supposed to be a religious/philosophical kind of magic. A weak-ass scientific explanation just kills it.