glowbal

GBL Advanced Interaction

Question about recognizing that someone has been arrested:

Condition Line: GBL_isControllingObject = soldier1

should work no? I can't get the activation to fire on that.

Question about recognizing that someone has been arrested:

Condition Line: GBL_isControllingObject = soldier1

should work no? I can't get the activation to fire on that.

unit getvariable "gbl_arrested"

True when unit is arrested, false when not.

this getvariable "GBL_isControllingObject" returns the unit that the "this" is moving/controling.

Ahhhh, thanks for that. Great update also :)

Edit: That worked perfectly!

2xEdit: Sometimes the GBL Arrest option just doesn't show up while other times it works no problem. I have remapped to various keys but it just seems not totally reliable. Its possible some other mod is conflicting so Ill try running with just vanilla.

Edited by froggyluv

Hello,

My team and me we tested your mod and we need to say that's a really cool mod but the MRE is a bit to heavy for one meal ! basicly one MRE of 1Kg you have 3 meal on it so is it possible to change the weight or have more meal per MRE ?

Thanks anyway !

Just a question if anyone else has consistency problems with both the "Arrest and Stop" commands not always appearing. I'm building a full mission around arresting and it seems to work about 50% and I'd like to get to 100% :)

Just a note - if it works at mission start it always works straight thru the mission but if it doesn't then vice- versa. Almost like a loading issue but I dunno.

Hey Glowbal,

got another question.

It seems as if only BLUFOR units could arrest and move people around.

Is there any chance to add this option to Resistance and OPFOR units aswell?

Advanced Interaction Module - Version 0.85

Download

Changelog:

Fixed: Use Action19 not working for advanced Interaction Module without Field Rations enabled

Fixed: Cannot fill empty camelbak with waterbottles

Fixed: Cannot refill at certain wells

New: gbl_descentRateDrink & gbl_descentRateFood introduced

New: access to field rations menu from inside vehicles

New: Some new models

Any issues or requests, you are welcome to make a ticket on the Dev-Heaven project space for AIM, located here.

I can't thank you enough man -YES! Arrest works everytime :bounce3:

Of course my post can't be complete without another request -I have the function for arrest but are there ones for "Order To Stop" and "Put them down" as well as giving them something in Hearts and Minds (I want to have unit SwitchSides if done right)? Im trying to add some audio responses to them. If not, I could record some for you if interested :)

Edited by froggyluv

Thank you, Foxhound! :)

Of course my post can't be complete without another request -I have the function for arrest but are there ones for "Order To Stop" and "Put them down" as well as giving them something in Hearts and Minds (I want to have unit SwitchSides if done right)? Im trying to add some audio responses to them. If not, I could record some for you if interested

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the first part. About the audio responses, I'd be happy to include any.

I am really enthused by the development of this mod. It has re-sparked my interest in Arma. Great work!!

Man, Glowbal. Good job on the updates. Was playing MSO the other with AIM, go over to arrest a guy. I search him, cuff him, he's good. I arrest him and start walking to my squad and about half way there the guy breaks from the cuffs and pulls out a Makarov! Sounds crazy, but hopefully it won't happen again! Good job as always!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the first part.

Sorry, Im not very good at explaining things in terms of code. Similar to the "GBL_isControllingObject" when I make an arrest, I'm able to call about new behaviours, audio and even have the civlian "switchsides" to opfor. Im working on a police mission in which civilians may or may not be neutral depending on how officers deal with them and it makes for some pretty nice gameplay moments ie... approaching too close to certain civilians while trying to use the scanner and they may quickly pull out a pistol and shoot you in the face :)

So I was wondering if the "Order to Stop" and "Placing units on Ground" had a similar function call as the arrest to further this. The Hearts and Minds would be used to bribe civilians to switch to Blufor sides -although I suppose I could also do this with AddAction.

Hope this makes sense.

Sorry, Im not very good at explaining things in terms of code. Similar to the "GBL_isControllingObject" when I make an arrest, I'm able to call about new behaviours, audio and even have the civlian "switchsides" to opfor. Im working on a police mission in which civilians may or may not be neutral depending on how officers deal with them and it makes for some pretty nice gameplay moments ie... approaching too close to certain civilians while trying to use the scanner and they may quickly pull out a pistol and shoot you in the face :)

So I was wondering if the "Order to Stop" and "Placing units on Ground" had a similar function call as the arrest to further this. The Hearts and Minds would be used to bribe civilians to switch to Blufor sides -although I suppose I could also do this with AddAction.

Hope this makes sense.

You are talking about the getvariable, right?

If so; no, unfortunally there aren't any for those options. However I can add those for a future version, if needed?

Just curious as to which wells you can refill water bottles at, and how you do it. I attempted to refill a water bottle on Lingor, but I can't seem to get it to work. The well I used was a proper well (the one with boards over it).

PS, AWESOME mod. Love it to bits.

You are talking about the getvariable, right?

If so; no, unfortunally there aren't any for those options. However I can add those for a future version, if needed?

Ah yes, that would be it. Only if not too much trouble, I really appreciate your accomodating nature and thanks again for this great addition :)

Wow great mod!

Anyone else found that upon resuming a saved coop mission (or SP mission), the field rations module doesn't boot up? The AIM module seems to fine.

Not a huge deal, I've just had to add a manual radio trigger to exec "Init_FRM.sqf" but it means the thirst hunger isn't persistent across resumed missions.

Any thoughts?

Great mod - thanks for releasing Glowbal.

Silly question - how do I set gbl_descentRateDrink 0.1 in the mission editor?

Features list mentions car bombs through editor and spotters that report positions of BLUFOR to OPFOR...nothing is mentioned about these in the userguide...any info on how to use these features?

Like Alex i too really would love to know how to set the rate at which you get hungry and thirsty again. Cant find it, maybe im blind... :)

Great mod - thanks for releasing Glowbal.

Silly question - how do I set gbl_descentRateDrink 0.1 in the mission editor?

Like Alex i too really would love to know how to set the rate at which you get hungry and thirsty again. Cant find it, maybe im blind... :)

You add it to the init.sqf of the mission.

Enjoy.

Ok i found the descent Rate entry for food and drink in the init file and changed it. However it doesnt seem to have any effect. Anyone able to guide me through this step by step? Sorry, i am old and getting slow it seems :)

Why can't we eat food or water in MSO 4.55, the box is in there and the mission is compatible with this...

Why can't we eat food or water in MSO 4.55, the box is in there and the mission is compatible with this...

I can in my MSO. Does the mission have both modules down on the map?