glowbal

GBL Advanced Interaction

How can I make npc suspect from regular civilian? All Arrest Options disabled, "Enable AIM" is enabled.

Great mod. However it does not appear the signature version is a v2 sig. I would highly recommend you make it v2 as v1 is legacy and has been compromised for sometime. Ref: Sickboy and Dwarden.

Great mod. However it does not appear the signature version is a v2 sig. I would highly recommend you make it v2 as v1 is legacy and has been compromised for sometime. Ref: Sickboy and Dwarden.

I'm suprised to hear this. I've made the signatures in the exact same way as any other signature for my community and we are running v2. I will look into it.

How can I make npc suspect from regular civilian? All Arrest Options disabled, "Enable AIM" is enabled.

Hold down left windows key, have keycuffs, look directly at a civilian. Red action: Arrest Person. That will enable the arrest options in the interaction menu. Read .pfd file for more details. :)

Loading an arrested subject into vehicle seems a bit sketchy at the moment. The option won't come up until you are at the exact spot it seems to want at the vehicle and that seems to change as well.

Loading an arrested subject into vehicle seems a bit sketchy at the moment. The option won't come up until you are at the exact spot it seems to want at the vehicle and that seems to change as well.

You have to be within about 5 meters of the vehicle. Then look at the suspect, interact with person > load suspect. Sadly for now, looking at the vehicle will not work.

Hi, I downloaded you mod the other day.. however I currently am having trouble with it, I run it using spirited machine arma2 launcher, witch requires me to make a @file along with a sub folder called addons... anyway the issue I ran into is that I am not seeing the (AIM) module in my F7 list at all I have tried with just cba and ace running on takistan and other standard map with no luck, I have also tried it with the same results with my normal addons PMC,BAF,ACR running. Any suggestions off hand?

I am going to wrap up a few fixes and new things I got for the next version hopefully in the upcoming few days/next week, depending on my work load. Will be an update to both the items and advanced interaction files.

The stance system should be fixed now and properly implemented (although not done yet). In the current version, it is there in the background, but you won't really see anything from it. I had ditched the different behaviours when they where angry due to rewritting the talking function entirely. It is now back in, so if you shoot a bunch of civi's in the next version, you can expect them to react differently.

For the time being, I'd like to know if anyone experienced any strange things, bugs or performance issues? Also, can anything be improved upon and if so, how? Would be a great help. :)

Great to hear your still working on this. The only things I see that need to be fixed/optimized is (as already stated but I'll reiterate)

1. I can get the suspect loaded into a car easier now by looking at him but the problem is its still kinda sketchy as the arrested ios attached to players left siode so as you try and turn into him -he also shifts left - and not uncommon to go thru the -Lft Windows key/ interact/hope the LOAD option is highlighted a few times before finally getting it. I dont really mind it but I could see others giving up on it. Possible to just do a Distance check on both an Arrested subject and vehicle to get the option?

2. Change Arrest dialogue to something universal aka "Im innocent you dog -release me!" That way no conflict with factions or island.

3. The House Search. Im sure its tough to add all items to fit in this array but having it return non-game/mission placed items makes it not optimal. Again maybe a distance check for items that are inside a house? Maybe use the "is indoor" check code made by I believe Das Attorney would help.

i noticed i couldnt put the suspect on the ground inside of buildings. when i moved onto the balcony and no longer "looked at the house" it would let me do it. also, might be nice to add 2 of these functions, 1 sit on ground and 1 lay on ground. it seems like if you are looking at an object it is looking to interact with it, i.e. inside a buildings you are looking at the building walls so its looking to interact with the building, not your person. same thing if you are trying to load and you are looking at the vehicle, u dont get load options but if you turn away from the vehicle and hit load it works.

EDIT:

is there a way to check if a player has arrested or is moving a target? so this could be used to fulfill a trigger condition for example. imagine rolling into a town, you detain a person, now a few things could happen. a. the town goes hostile on you and draws weapons. b. civilians within certain range start raging out at you (just yelling and donig the fist pump animation). c. several civilians flock to your position to attempt to talk you out of taking the detainee.

also would be nice to be able to define if a civilian is hostile, neutral, friendly and depending on his state he responds differently when talking to him. also the ability to define what he can say to you. i.e. you put something in a units init line and then when you use aim that unit says exactly what you put in the line. if you add that command multiple times it would choose one of them each time you hit talk to?

a haggle system would be nice too, you hit talk to and get options on how to respond, if you respond in the correct order a certain outcome is achieved. i.e. approach a guy, start talking, you are given 3 options on what to say (could be hello in 3 different arabic dialects, he will respond depending on what dialect the civilian is set to maybe? so a dialect feature? you could add to the mission notes/brief what dialect is spoken at what village so players have to go over what intel they have to be successfull :P) you say hello in the wrong dialect the civilian becomes angry and replies with leave me alone type stuff. you say it in the right dialect he replies with hi how are you allowing for further conversation. this way a conversation might lead to a positive outcome or a negative or a neutral. which in addition should be detectable so that it can also be used to possibly trigger something. i.e. go into a house achieve positive outcome, triggers that civilian to give you information on a enemy target.

hearts and minds system, im not sure how it works right now but if it could be set to a radius that would be nice. i.e. if you start the mission as civilians are hostile towards blufor. you place a radius over a village, every civilian within that radius that receives food or drinks or gifts will turn neutral after 1-5 gifts friendly after 2-8 gifts? that way parts of the map could remain hostile^^

a way to define what is found in buildings and cars would be nice as well.

maybe im just dreaming but i hope stuff like this can be done and sooner or later this game will be perfect^^ im all about non hostile events within arma, most missions are generally hostile and with adding hearts and minds things are shifting into a new, more modern direction. keep this mod up, looking forward to updates :)

Edited by Thedog88

is there a way to check if a player has arrested or is moving a target? so this could be used to fulfill a trigger condition for example. imagine rolling into a town, you detain a person, now a few things could happen. a. the town goes hostile on you and draws weapons. b. civilians within certain range start raging out at you (just yelling and donig the fist pump animation). c. several civilians flock to your position to attempt to talk you out of taking the detainee.

GBL_isControlling (boolean)

GBL_isControllingObject (object)

Object is the suspect.

Can't be detected from a different machine, only on the client (player).

you can work from the suspect, which does work on all clients:

GBL_isAttached (boolean)

GBL_isAttachedTo (object)

Object is the unit that is moving the suspect.

Use getvariable to get the value.

I think that is how it works in a trigger, but didn't double check that.

ok sweet, appreciate the help. i will try it out tonight and see if i can make something cool happen^^

Nice addon! it gives a lot to the simulation.

Is there a way to spawn an IED on a vehicle?

Thanks for all.

Don't know how I missed this release - been anticipating it for some time. Trying it out tonight!

Advanced Interaction Modules

Version 0.6 BETA

Change log:

- Improved interact with Person when moving a suspect

- minor improvements to most code

- Enabled stance system

- Small changes to talk to Person

Included pbo's are: gbl_advanced_interaction.pbo, gbl_functions.pbo, gbl_items.pbo, gbl_ammobox.

v2 Key provided.

Download Advanced Interaction

Requirements:

- gbl_items.pbo (included), gbl_functions.pbo (included), CBA, A2:OA

GBL Items & Ammobox

Version 1.1

Chance log:

- Added MRE's (including models)

Credits:

- Myself

- Some graphics by Deadman

- Models by Donny

Included .pbo's are gbl_items.pbo and gbl_ammobox.pbo.

v2 Key provided.

Download gbl items

-----------------------------------

Both addons have gotten an updated key, since there were some issues reported with the previous one.

Any issues, please report in this thread!

Edited by Foxhound
fixed 2nd link

script gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\modules.sqf not found... this just started after the updated version this week. was working fine when you get in the mission from the start, when you die and then respawn, this is what is sometimes kicked back. Any idea's???

-VRCRaptor

script gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\modules.sqf not found... this just started after the updated version this week. was working fine when you get in the mission from the start, when you die and then respawn, this is what is sometimes kicked back. Any idea's???

-VRCRaptor

Must have missed that one. I will get a hotfix out this weekend.

Has anyone released any missions that have this properly integrated? I was thinking of maybe trying to add it to like TFOR or something for coops, but something tells me with all of the things already going on with something like that, it probably wouldn't make much sense due to mission requirements. Kind of curious, but I'm guessing any missions thus far using this is probably kept in-house with squads.

Also, while playing around and having fun with this in the editor I was reminded of one video uploaded showcasing some interesting insurgent stuff like spotters who get nervous and hop onto their motorcycles and get away if we get too close. I was curious if there is any further development with that, Glowbal?

Has anyone released any missions that have this properly integrated? I was thinking of maybe trying to add it to like TFOR or something for coops, but something tells me with all of the things already going on with something like that, it probably wouldn't make much sense due to mission requirements. Kind of curious, but I'm guessing any missions thus far using this is probably kept in-house with squads.

Also, while playing around and having fun with this in the editor I was reminded of one video uploaded showcasing some interesting insurgent stuff like spotters who get nervous and hop onto their motorcycles and get away if we get too close. I was curious if there is any further development with that, Glowbal?

It is on a shelf right now, getting dusty. I will pick it up again in the future. For now I'm working on the Combat Medical Systems.

For the time being:

Place down a game logic in the editor. Put the line in the init box.

Insurgent Gunman:

init: ins = this execVM "\gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\Ins urgent\spawn_gunman.sqf";

Carbomb:

init: ins = this execVM "\gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\ied \spawn_carbomb.sqf";

Spotter:

init: ins = this execVM "\gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\Ins urgent\spawn_spotter.sqf";

Crowd:

init: crwd = this execVM "\gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\cro wd\crowd_main.sqf";

For the spotter, I believe if you place a vehicle right next to where he spawns, he will take it and drive off with the vehicle. Or he might just run away on foot. He will return to the nearby area after a certain amount of time.

Note that they might cause some performance issues, so don't use to many at the same time I guess. That said, I used them in COOP games with 60+ players with no issues.

It is on a shelf right now, getting dusty. I will pick it up again in the future. For now I'm working on the Combat Medical Systems.

For the time being:

For the spotter, I believe if you place a vehicle right next to where he spawns, he will take it and drive off with the vehicle. Or he might just run away on foot. He will return to the nearby area after a certain amount of time.

Note that they might cause some performance issues, so don't use to many at the same time I guess. That said, I used them in COOP games with 60+ players with no issues.

are there any other suprises that we can use as well... how about random items around the map and some with intel and such to stumble across. Any news on the updated fix for AIM?

-VRCRaptor

are there any other suprises that we can use as well... how about random items around the map and some with intel and such to stumble across. Any news on the updated fix for AIM?

-VRCRaptor

I was planning on doing that yesterday, but I got caught up in some other activities. Today, I don't think I will manage, as it's my brithday. It's a very simple fix, just need to test it before I put it up.

There is some script hidden in there which has every AI in your area cluster around you. Things like that, you mean? :P

Heya Glowbal, was messing around with the crowd part in the editor and noticed a bit of a bug when trying to play and you shoot the civilians in the crowd:

http://i.imgur.com/TqcgO.jpg

Wasn't sure if you knew about it or not, so I wanted to post it just in case. :) It looks like the scripts are there in the pbo, but it looks like the scripts are all in lowercase, but when called it's looking for bits that are actually capitalized. Same thing with the crowd logic init, I had to make the C capital before it even worked.

Hello glowbal, I would like to know if it is possible to restrict use to specific players?

By the way great work. I play a bit with it and love it. It would be nice if the command stop to be define by probability of authority. More authority more chance to the civilian to stop, and it case it did stop only move when release by player. IT would be nice to have in addition to stop, order like get down and disperse.

Edited by Odyseus