glowbal

GBL Advanced Interaction

GBL AddOns

It's been a while since I started on this, and I actually planned on releasing this quite a while ago already. It isn't fully finished, but due to certain.. circumstances, it is probably better to release it myself a bit early. That said though, I believe it's more as playable right now, as I've used it in over a dozen of COOP missions with over 50 players without any problems. It's my first ever mod/AddOn, so things are probably not perfect. Like I say a bit futher down in the descriptions, the main purpose of this release will be to get some feedback on the current state of things so I can improve upon it.

Dev-heaven project page: Click here!

-----------------------------------

Advanced Interaction Modules

Version 0.8 BETA

By Glowbal

Advanced Interaction Mod is a script package that is designed to add an extra level of interaction with the game world around you in your mission, specificly interaction with civilians. It allows you to Talk, Arrest and Search Civilians as well as search cars or buildings. The main reason I made this is because I wanted to learn sqf scripting and wanted to add something new to some missions I made for my community.

I release this with the hope to get some productive feedback on everything. The AddOn is far from completed and things will most likely chance a lot. I've only just started to learn some more about programming and scripting on a decent level, so things will be improved upon. So for the time being, I hope to get some feedback on current performance, how the gameplay with it and what can be improved. Also feel free to give me any ideas for additional features to add. And again, right now it's all very simple and unfinished.

Video of an earlier version which gives an impression of what this mod is about:

Other videos:

Notes for version 0.8:

• The left windows key has been changed and instead you now have to assign a key yourself in your controls (useraction 19). Details are available in the documentation.
  • AIM is required on both the client and server.
  • It should be ACE compatible, however it has not been tested without ACE!

Future plans:

Improve search functionality (buildings and persons)

Overhaul all dialogs in AIM

Improve effects for FRM

Credits:

• Script & Code: Glowbal & Gobbo
  • Graphics: Deadman
  • Ideas & Contribution: 16AA Milsim Community, www.16AA.net
  • All on the BIS forums who helped me with certain issues
  • 16AA members, for assisting with testing and contributing
  • Das Attorney for letting me use his 'checking if in building script'
  • Bohemia Interactive for making such an awesome game
  • Highhead & the MSO Channel
  • K. Singleton & J. Gordon from Detachment 7

Included with the download comes a pfd file. In here it explains in a bit more details the basics of the AddOn, how to use it and certain keys. I recommend reading it if you plan to use this in a mission, as it also details a bit on certain features you can use to do specific things.

Included pbo's are: gbl_advanced_interaction.pbo, gbl_functions.pbo, gbl_items.pbo, gbl_ammobox.

v2 Key provided.

Download Advanced Interaction

Download on ArmaHolic

Requirements:

- gbl_items.pbo (included), gbl_functions.pbo (included), CBA, A2:OA

Final Note:

- The insurgent parts of the scripts are hidden in this version. They are present, but sadly I couldn't get it to function properly through a module. It is however possible to activate them through a different way, which works perfectly fine. If there is interest for this, please let me know and I will see if I can come up with a pdf explaining how to do so. It's really very simple.

In addition to the main AddOn, I also release my items AddOn, which is a dependancy for AIM:

GBL Items v1.1

By Glowbal

GBL Items is an AddOn which adds additional items. It's aim is simply to provide additional items that can contribute to specific situations by having an immersive value, for example finding a phone on a suspected triggerman.

The items are also used in my other AddOns. Any functionality for the items added in here is found in the AddOns and not in here. This is a standalone mod which does nothing but giving you additional items.v1.1 Chance log:

- Added MRE's (including models)

v1 Change log:

- First release

Credits:

- Myself

- Some graphics by Deadman

- Models by Donny

Included .pbo's are gbl_items.pbo and gbl_ammobox.pbo.

v2 Key provided.

Download gbl items

Download from Armaholic

For both addons counts, any issues or questions feel free to report either here by making post or by sending myself a PM on the Bohemia Forums. Though making a post has a greater chance of getting a reply, seeing as that way gobbo can also reply.

Edited by Glowbal

Oooh, very nice. This will fit into my Lingor Police mission nicely I believe -downloading.

hey nice work i wait that since a while ! just one question : where is the eat/drink system ? :p

hey nice work i wait that since a while ! just one question : where is the eat/drink system ? :p

Well, if there aren't any major issues with the basic features in AIM, I might pick that one up somewhere this week. You will probably notice if you look in the ammobox for gbl_items, that there are a few items for that in there as well, such as the camelbak or MREs.

I m waiting for some time the features those 16AA guyz shown in videos.

To be honest today i m glad and disappointed simultaneously.

Glad because i can see the potential on this project and..

disappointed because i was hoping for a non-addon dependent version.

Never mind..

First test results look fantastic.

Thank you for the effort and..keep it up !

I've got it up on my test server running alongside MSO and it looks good so far. I'll definitely be keeping track on how this progresses.

One error I've encountered so far... On death/respawn this comes up:

Warning Message: Script gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\modules.sqf not found

I've got it up on my test server running alongside MSO and it looks good so far. I'll definitely be keeping track on how this progresses.

One error I've encountered so far... On death/respawn this comes up:

Warning Message: Script gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\modules.sqf not found

Ah thank you. Should be fixed now. Same download link.

Congrats Glowbal - Looking forward in seeing the feedback and further improvement/refinements over time :)

I'm assuming since it is a addon PBO that other players on my server will also need to download this? If not that would be great, either way, fantastic job man!

If there is interest for this, please let me know and I will see if I can come up with a pdf explaining how to do so. It's really very simple.

Of course there is interest, please do include that documentation. :) Also, congrats on the release!

Is this mod fully ACE compatible? Are there actions assigned to Camelbaks and MREs? Does the Camelbak actually go on my back? Do they weigh things in ACE? Can I eat MREs??

Is this mod fully ACE compatible? Are there actions assigned to Camelbaks and MREs? Does the Camelbak actually go on my back? Do they weigh things in ACE? Can I eat MREs??

Mod is ACE compatible. In fact, I haven't tried it without ACE yet. I am confident it works without it. Though CBA is needed, I suppose. As for your other questions, that is a different mod, but:

Something for the future, I suppose. You can however, give MREs to civilians with AIM, same goes for waterbottles. They will like you for doing such things.

This looks like an outsanding mod!!!! The only problem is I am unable to get it to work :(, I have it in an @ folder, and an addons subfolder and it displays and launches through arma 2 launcher, but I am unable to use any of the features and it acts like its not even on.

Thanks so much for your help!

This looks like an outsanding mod!!!! The only problem is I am unable to get it to work :(, I have it in an @ folder, and an addons subfolder and it displays and launches through arma 2 launcher, but I am unable to use any of the features and it acts like its not even on.

Thanks so much for your help!

Did you download Items.pbo as well? Have you tried walking up to a civilian and use the action scroll wheel? Remember, you'll need to add things like the Bioscanner to a unit to see it in action as well as enable it via command. Im assuming you have your modfolder set up correctly by creating the 'Addons' folder within the mod folder and have placed all the pbo files in there :)

Anyone know how I would go about adding an audio file to different commands? Such as adding a Playsound to the the "STOP" command?

Did you download Items.pbo as well? Have you tried walking up to a civilian and use the action scroll wheel? Remember, you'll need to add things like the Bioscanner to a unit to see it in action as well as enable it via command. Im assuming you have your modfolder set up correctly by creating the 'Addons' folder within the mod folder and have placed all the pbo files in there :)

Anyone know how I would go about adding an audio file to different commands? Such as adding a Playsound to the the "STOP" command?

Hello and thanks for the quick reply :D!

Yup Ive got all of the items/GBL files and .pbos in a Addons folder in @AIM but when I scroll wheel I dont get additional options. I can even spawn/see all of the cool GBL items in the GBL crate (looks exactly like what Ive been waiting for :)! )

Hello and thanks for the quick reply :D!

Yup Ive got all of the items/GBL files and .pbos in a Addons folder in @AIM but when I scroll wheel I dont get additional options. I can even spawn/see all of the cool GBL items in the GBL crate (looks exactly like what Ive been waiting for :)! )

Ensure you have the 'Enable AIM' modual placed in the editor.

Ensure you have the 'Enable AIM' modual placed in the editor.

Ahh yes -thats it. Also remember that for certain commands you'll need to use Left Windows key as opposed to scroll wheel. If using ACE, you may need to rebind as ACE uses it for special action.

If you where to get me an audio file/recording for stop, I could add it into the mod. It's fairly easy. I've done a few lines for the talking part with the friendly behaviour, but it was a bit to much work to do it for every single one. So I've put it on a very low to do list. Though, perhaps it wouldn't be to much trouble to add it for the things you say yourself.

If using ACE, you may need to rebind as ACE uses it for special action

Are you sure? As far as I know ACE only uses the right windows key and the application key, just to the left of it. Note though that left windows key is for the action to appear, as in: scroll wheel + hold down left windows key. Shows the arrest action, for example. Or look at a car driving towards you whilst doing that.

Awesome thanks for your help guys!!!!! Im kind of a noob so how do I edit the.pbo and add the "Enable AIM" module?

Thanks so much for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome thanks for your help guys!!!!! Im kind of a noob so how do I edit the.pbo and add the "Enable AIM" module?

Thanks so much for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Editor > Modules (F5?) > Search for "(AIM) Enable AIM". Place it down, should display as a blue rectangle, with the letters AIM inside.

Editor > Modules (F5?) > Search for "(AIM) Enable AIM". Place it down, should display as a blue rectangle, with the letters AIM inside.

Thanks for your help! Do I just use the in game editor and edit the map and making AIM available for all missions on that map or is it just for a single specific mission? If I need to edit a preexisting mission do I need to download an editor and if so whats an easy one to use lol?

Id like to have AIM available on all of the MSOs I have downloaded

Thanks again guys, so much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you where to get me an audio file/recording for stop, I could add it into the mod. It's fairly easy. I've done a few lines for the talking part with the friendly behaviour, but it was a bit to much work to do it for every single one. So I've put it on a very low to do list. Though, perhaps it wouldn't be to much trouble to add it for the things you say yourself.

Well I was going to rip them from another game for a mission, but probably not the best idea for a widely released mod. No problem, maybe I can work on some original audio files at a later time.

Are you sure? As far as I know ACE only uses the right windows key and the application key, just to the left of it. Note though that left windows key is for the action to appear, as in: scroll wheel + hold down left windows key. Shows the arrest action, for example. Or look at a car driving towards you whilst doing that.

Yeah my bad, I dont have a Right Windows key so I must have moved it myself.

Couple other questions:

-House search brings back random items rather then placed items, will this be addressed?

-Arrest brings back text "Im no Takiban" or something to that effect. Can you make this customizable as Im in Lingor :p

I thought the Arrest feature such as Load and Put Down were broken as I was trying to arrest a woman -only to realise they don't have the proper animations. Really enjoying this so far tho. well done!

Edit:@Opendome -sadly you need to manually place awesome mod modules in each mission for them to work. I've been wanting the same thing for ACE's tank ammo cookoff module forever.

Well I was going to rip them from another game for a mission, but probably not the best idea for a widely released mod. No problem, maybe I can work on some original audio files at a later time.

Yeah my bad, I dont have a Right Windows key so I must have moved it myself.

Couple other questions:

-House search brings back random items rather then placed items, will this be addressed?

-Arrest brings back text "Im no Takiban" or something to that effect. Can you make this customizable as Im in Lingor :p

I thought the Arrest feature such as Load and Put Down were broken as I was trying to arrest a woman -only to realise they don't have the proper animations. Really enjoying this so far tho. well done!

Edit:@Opendome -sadly you need to manually place awesome mod modules in each mission for them to work. I've been wanting the same thing for ACE's tank ammo cookoff module forever.

thats ok :) I just need to know how to do it lol