Sign in to follow this  
Diesel5542

Cannot connect locally

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere on the forums or elsewhere online, but I've searched all over, tried everything and I still cannot connect two computers over the same network. Tried hosting on each computer, cannot connect. I've forwarded ports, still cannot connect. Disabled the firewall on both computers, still cannot connect. I can't even find anything online for anyone with a similar situation, and I am completely stumped. I'm trying to play the campaign co-op over a local network, and I can see the game being hosted in multiplayer, but when I try to connect i get "connection failed." I can connect fine in other games (terraria, minecraft) but not this one. I feel like I'm missing something really simple and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could it be a "port" isssue as ArmA II uses the same fixed port? The second game should have in command line something like, "-port=2350" (no quotes). The port number used does not matter. So the numbers could be 2351, 2352, 2353...

Could it be a "port" isssue as ArmA II uses the same fixed port? The second game should have in command line something like, "-port=2350" (no quotes). The port number used does not matter. So the numbers could be 2351, 2352, 2353...

That should not be a problem.

First of all, can both computers ping each other?

Second, did you disable the firewall on both computers (just to check for the first times)? Do you use the Windows Firewall and another one? Did you disable all the firewalls then?

third, are your computers on different network layers? is there a router in between?

The fourth question: What OS do you use?

fifth question: do you have "shared folders/printers active" or "visibility to local computers" enabled? (I don't know how much this matters, but in Windows, this setting changes for example also the ping response)