Sign in to follow this  
atroublestarter

bug i've noticed

there doesn't seem to be a central thread for reporting bugs, but here's a few i've noticed:

1) if enemy carrier attacks an island and you chase it away, even if the enemy carrier is now about 2 islands away, the original attacked island is still flashing red when it clearly is no longer under attack

2) enemy carrier appears to have no units. When observing it attacking one of my islands recently, it just sat at the island doing nothing. When I arrived, one turret on my island switched to hostile, my island mantas destroyed it

3) when manually controlling the carrier towards another island (or on autopilot OUT of timewarp), as soon as it finishes 'loading' due to approaching a new island the carrier is stopped, as well as the course given to it originally being 'forgotten'.

4) the carrier will try to fire shells at enemy island mantas. so far the shells have a 100% miss rate, so it would probably be better not to waste shells to try and hit mantas. On some occasions, the carrier shells have destroyed my own walruses when attacking the island

Some of these aren't really what I would call bugs.

1 and 2 are well known. 3 is such a minor thing you can't really call it a bug. 4 is annoying but I wouldn't call it a bug. The carrier will try to fire any mounted weapon at any nearby target. It would be better if the forward cannon only shot ground items, or even was manual control only.

I have a couple of other minor ones I've noticed:

1) Sometimes when undocking mantas and switching weapon to rockets, the target reticle does not appear until all mantas are docked and re-launched (this is a more annoying one).

2) When looking at the map in zoomed out view, the island under the mouse changes to white and back to blue when you move off it, but if you move quickly between islands, they get left on white (very minor cosmetic bug).

3) When using a hack capsule on a command centre, the display of the command centre's console often gets drawn over the top of the hacking beam (again cosmetic bug but just spoils the look a little).

number 3 also happens with all units, if you move a manta/walrus to somewhere it will abort orders when finished loading in.

Some of these aren't really what I would call bugs.

1 and 2 are well known. 3 is such a minor thing you can't really call it a bug. 4 is annoying but I wouldn't call it a bug. The carrier will try to fire any mounted weapon at any nearby target. It would be better if the forward cannon only shot ground items, or even was manual control only.

I have a couple of other minor ones I've noticed:

1) Sometimes when undocking mantas and switching weapon to rockets, the target reticle does not appear until all mantas are docked and re-launched (this is a more annoying one).

2) When looking at the map in zoomed out view, the island under the mouse changes to white and back to blue when you move off it, but if you move quickly between islands, they get left on white (very minor cosmetic bug).

3) When using a hack capsule on a command centre, the display of the command centre's console often gets drawn over the top of the hacking beam (again cosmetic bug but just spoils the look a little).

Hi Species.

The things i listed above are indeed bugs. These are things happening in the game that have been overlooked and that are producing negative side effects.

1) The enemy carrier cannot be attacking the island flashing red if it is 2 or 3 islands away. Being well known does not make it "not a bug". In the original game, the game would only report a friendly island under attack when it is actually under attack.

2) A turret on my friendly island turning hostile, and the carrier attacking my island without any units is indeed a bug. In the original game, the enemy carrier always used units to attack your island, and you could watch this happening.

3) The game aims to reproduce fairly life-like physics when controlling your units. In manual mode this is accomplished, in autopilot mode the carrier 'jumps' both in direction AND in speed, and this is indeed an error in the game with regards to the autopilot. This bug is far less minor than a simple target reticle. In the original game the carrier and all units also kept all their orders when approaching a new island, and also the physics of all units including the carrier were consistant whether on autopilot or manual control.

4) The carrier does indeed attempt to fire any mounted weapon at any available target. A shell is not the correct weapon to fire at airborne targets, it will miss (because it fires directly at aircraft, and misses at all times because of the projectile arc) and only accomplish 2 things: depleting carrier ammo, and destroying your own ground units nearby. The carrier will often try to target something it can't seem to hit, and keep firing until ammo is depleted - even ground targets. It is indeed a bug that could do with looking at, and it ties in with the AI not being smart enough and simply needs some fine tuning. It would not be better for the turret to be manual only.

the 'bugs' you mention are not really bugs. They are minor graphical issues.