Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Need help with some Math Problems on my Assault Script

Hello all, got stuck on some math problem here...

Here's the situation.

I have an AI squad at [x0,y0] and the objective is at [x1,y1]. The angle between the assault team and the objective is at _angle degrees. I want to "addWaypoint" or "Move" for assault team toward the objective at a 50m interval (probably will actually make them assault in straight line instead of they make their own route).

So, how can I get the subsequent [x,y] in a 50m interval?

waypoints are never exact, trying to be exact with AI is ulcer inducing. That said, you can use things like the function BIS_fnc_dirTo to get the direction from one object to another then something like math or modeltoworld maybe to find a spot 50m ahead. Or limit waypoints and enjoy the game more. :)

I already got the _angle using BIS_fnc_dirTo, next is trying to get the 50m intervals... Right now lets just say I'm enjoying the scripting side of the game :)

Use BIS_fnc_relPos to return a a location from the AI unit in the direction of its target x metres away.

Just watch BIS_fnc_dirTo it sometime returns a negative bearing in which case adding 360 to result will fixed it.