Sign in to follow this  
commanderjbug

How do I use Rearmed?

I have OA and ArmA 2 and TOH installed and I have them all updated to the latest version. I want to use Rearmed but for some reason nothing shows up. I know that I have Rearmed because I see it in my directory, and when I tried to run the Setup.exe in the folder it just asked me for permission to load the exe and then it just disappeared. Nothing is happening automatically. How can I get this to work?

Rearmed is a 'bridge' between TKOH and ArmA 2. When you enter TKOH, go to your mission editor, and place a Soldier. Make him the 'Player', not Playable. Now double click the map to place another unit. In Side/Faction choose EMPTY, then from the class drop down go to Air. You will now see the assets from AmrA 2 in your arsenal.

As far as BI made Missions/Campaign, there is not one...

But when I place a soldier he doesn't have any weapons. Also how do I use custom addons from A2 like Wings of Peace? Oh, and nothing shows up in the empty menu that's from ArmA.

Edited by commanderjbug

But when I place a soldier he doesn't have any weapons.

Arm him then. Either via his INIT, or place Ammo Creates.

Oh, and nothing shows up in the empty menu that's from ArmA.

You sure about that? :rolleyes:

When you enter TKOH, go to your mission editor, and place a Soldier. Make him the 'Player', not Playable. Now double click the map to place another unit. In Side/Faction choose EMPTY, then from the class drop down go to Air. You will now see the assets from AmrA 2 in your arsenal.

None of the stuff is there. I also tried using modlines but to no avail.

What stuff?

Clear your Mod Line parameters... They are not needed.

Open TKOH, Click 'Expansions' from the main menu. Make sure that 'Rearmed' is checked - if it is not select it and click 'Enable'. Restart TKOH. On start up, if you do not see the Arma II splash logo, then go back to 'Expansions'. Make sure that 'Arma II' and 'Rearmed' are there and selected, if not 'Enable' them and restart. Should look like this:

thumb_TKOH_Expansions.jpg

When it looks like that, you should then be able to see, in the Editor, this:

thumb_TKOH_Editor.jpg

That should do it... :cool:

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Before you ask...

I am using Arma 2 Free, and have downloaded some of the addon aircraft from Arma 2's 3 different downloads on Armaholic...

I did as you said but I don't see anything related to A2 anywhere. Not in the expansion menu or anything. It's as if the game doesn't know that I even have A2. I am also using the Steam version so that may be what's screwing it up. I also have Rearmed enabled.

hmmm this may be related to the Registry entry that steam creates... Stand by...

Do you have TKOH, installed to Default?

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Go to your library in Steam, and right click TKOH. Choose properties. On the window that pops up, click the button labeled: "SET LAUNCH LAUNCH OPTIONS..." Make sure that the next box is empty. If it good, type( or paste ) this: -mod=Rearmed;

If it is not empty, empty it.

Launch TKOH from Steam - NOT A DESKTOP SHORTCUT....

Disable Rearmed, restart TKOH... Make sure that it is disabled in the Expansions...

Once you have verified that it IS DISABLED, restart TKOH, again. Now Re-Enable it, restart. You should see Arma II in the list then... Let me know...

It seems that it is not correctly either - 1. reading the registry correctly, or 2. finding the game correctly.

You can also check your TakeOnH.cfg in your 'C:\Users\<YOUR_NAME>\Documents\Take On Helicopters'.

It should have at the very bottom this, and in THIS ORDER( *** Note I use Windows 7 64 bit, your may be different. Your install path may vary as well, so verify the correct path on YOUR computer *** ):

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="Hinds";
	name="Take On Hinds";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Hinds";
};
class Mod2
{
	dir="Noisecontrollers";
	name="Take On Noisecontrollers";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Noisecontrollers";
};
class Mod3
{
	dir="Rearmed";
	name="TKOH: Rearmed";
	origin="REGISTRY";
	fullPath="c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Rearmed";
};
};

Mine says this:

class ModLauncherList

{

class Mod1

{

dir="Hsim";

name="Take On Helicopters";

origin="NOT FOUND";

};

class Mod2

{

dir="Rearmed";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Rearmed";

};

};

{
    dir="Hsim";
    origin="NOT FOUND";
};

That 'NOT FOUND', is not good. as a matter a fact, it shouldn't be there at all - as far as I can tell. try removing it from { to };, then changing the 2 in Mod2 to a 1.

Copy the following:

class ModLauncherList
{
       class Mod1
{
	dir="Rearmed";
               origin="GAME DIR";
};
};

And paste it over your existing one:

class ModLauncherList
{
     class Mod1
     {
            dir="Hsim";
            origin="NOT FOUND";
     };
     class Mod2
     {
            dir="Rearmed";
            origin="GAME DIR";
     };
};

So it is the ONLY one there. Not the double entry, just one.

Try changing this line: origin="GAME DIR";

To this: origin="REGISTRY";

The whole thing is not loading correctly for some reason. Are you running Steam AND TKOH as Admin? I don't mean is your Windows account Admin( as it must be to begin with ), but are you right clicking the Steam icon and choosing "Run As Administrator"? And the same for TKOH?

Still doesn't work. Is it possible for me to copy my A2 files into the Rearmed Addons folder though?

Still doesn't work. Is it possible for me to copy my A2 files into the Rearmed Addons folder though?

That's not how it works. Again, Rearmed is just a 'bridge' between the ArmA models and TKOH. That's it. You can move ALL your Arma files, Windows files, email, your kitchen and the contents of your car trunk, into the Rearmed folder, and it still... will not work. If the game( TKOH ) doesn't see the proper locations via the Rearmed Mod, then you need to find out why. This is what we are trying to do; troubleshoot the issue.

Answers like still doesn't work are still a bit vague. I have no idea what it is that you tried, and what is 'not working'. You never answered my questions, so I have to assume the worst. The more information you provide, the better - and quite frankly, the faster - we can arrive at a solution. Vague answers produce vague solutions.

So again, ARE YOU RUNNING AS ADMINISTRATOR? With the right click option?

Nothing huh? I wasted a night of trying to help, and no common courtesy to reply? Lovely... :pill:

commanderjbug something is wrong with your install. Either TKOH, or also A2/OA. Best to reinstall and read closely guides how to do it right.

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem – TOH does not recognize Arma and so Rearmed just does not work.

I have tried everything. I started Steam as an administrator. I disabled and enabled Rearmed multiple times. I reinstalled Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA and TOH. I launched Arma before TOH. I tried suggestion with .cfg file. I checked launch parameters. Tried both empty and with -mod=Rearmed. I done file verification multiple times. Nothing helps.

I had also problem with Hindi but launching Steam as administrator solved this. But that does not solve problem with Rearmed.

Everything is bought via Steam. Arma works properly.

I have to admit that this situation makes me very sad. Hope to find some solution. At this moment I don't have any ideas.

please post your rpt

eeee, sorry, what do you mean with "rpt"? Report?

Aha, ok, it's clear. Unfortunately I can't do it today. Will post it tomorrow. Thank you for support!