Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

The callenge: Be the best Carrier-Commander (Highscore-Table)

Who's the best Carrier-Commander? Lets find out - here's the Challenge!

In Carrier-Command it's all about time. Just waiting and gathering ressources... this is easy. But to go forward and risk something... managing time and ressources in a optimal way - that's what a real commander is capable of.

So the faster - the better. Show now your strength, your intelligence and your power: Capture all islands and destroy the enemy carrier as fast as possible. Then post your result and a screenshot of your Map. Lets see whats your position in the "Carrier-Command-Hiscore".

Game-Conditions:

Start a new Strategy Game with this settings:

Captured islands count: -1

Enemy strength: +1

Startup ressources: -1

Island output rate: -1

Enemy carrier destroyed: required

All islands captured: required

conditions.jpg

Optional but strongly recommendet:

Install the "Carrier-AI" Mod by ElectroCarrier using Thygrrr's CarrierTools.

After winning the game post a screenshot*, showing your map an used time.

Post also which system-plattform you are using (PC / XBOX), your Patch-Version and if you use the Carrier-AI Mod.

Capturing the screenshot:

This ist a little bit tricky because if you take the last island the "congratulations-screen" appears and you have no more time for taking the screenshot. So save your game a few moments before you capture the last island (say: when the rebuilding or hacking of the command-center is in progress) and take then the screenshot of your map. Finish your game to see that your walrus ist destroyed, while hacking... ;-)

This all is a question of honor - so do not cheat or use tricks (faking screenshots or using different starting-conditions). And thats' also the prize: Honor. No money, no benefit - just honor. And a really good challenge in this real good game!

Carrier-Command Highscore-Table

[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Pos[/td]

[td]Name[/td]

[td]Time*[/td]

[td]Patch[/td]

[td]Carrier

AI Mod[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]anton_korduan[/td]

[td]8 Days, 02:56 Hours[/td]

[td]1.2 / PC[/td]

[td]Yes[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

* The time is "game days and hours" - not real time. Just select the map (Key "M") and read the game time in the upper-right corner.

And now... go for it!

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

So of course I'm gonna make the beginning - here's my time:

My time is 8 Days, 02:56 Hours.

And the screenshot - small:

screen004b.jpg

screen004c.jpg

...and with full resolution:

http://www.korduan.de/ccgm/screen004.jpg (450 kB)

Edited by anton-korduan

Nice thought, but I can't see anybody going for it. I only play strategy with enemy strength maximum and startup resources minimum, so I wouldn't want to play a full game with those settings just for the sake of it. Plus, who says the fastest victory is the best? I prefer to take the time for a more methodical approach to the islands. Besides it's just too much effort for people. If some sort of points score system had been included in the game, then that would be fair enough.

I'm not really a person to do all the maps, I usually hunt down the carrier as soon as it's spotted. Some games are pretty short hehe.

Nice thought, but I can't see anybody going for it. I only play strategy with enemy strength maximum and startup resources minimum, so I wouldn't want to play a full game with those settings just for the sake of it. Plus, who says the fastest victory is the best? I prefer to take the time for a more methodical approach to the islands. Besides it's just too much effort for people. If some sort of points score system had been included in the game, then that would be fair enough.

Thanx for your reply!

I wantet to make it easy enough also for beginners to jump in.

But it's a good idea to start a second highscore. What are your complete

prefered settings? Yes - lets start a second list!

And you're right: the best would be if a point-score system would be included. But for now we help us self.

By the way: The fastest victory is the best because

1) Time is all about - its easy to kill the enemy carrier, wait for enough ressources and then get the rest of islands. To go fast means not to go "simple" by using only hammerheads for example (which is not possible on shielded islands). Because hacking is much faster - sometimes. The time-factor is exact what the game is based on: strategy. As you wrote: Methodical approach plus tactics plus overall-strategy - thats the mixture to win the game fast. Fast not in a way of "quick and dirty" - fast in the way of "good plan - good strategy - paysof at least".

2) I've no Idea what else we could measure ;-)

I'm not really a person to do all the maps, I usually hunt down the carrier as soon as it's spotted. Some games are pretty short hehe.

Do you have installed the Carrier-AI Mod? On which Enemy-Strength-Setting are you playing?

Edited by anton-korduan

Do you have installed the Carrier-AI Mod? On which Enemy-Strength-Setting are you playing?

Yeah I've been modding myself to make the game harder, its just too easy. The carrier still doesn't do anything except run away. Played and won against the hardest AI and I've also taken out a deadly island by myself in 1 manta with plasma / missile /shield /armour 2

Yeah I've been modding myself to make the game harder, its just too easy. The carrier still doesn't do anything except run away. Played and won against the hardest AI and I've also taken out a deadly island by myself in 1 manta with plasma / missile /shield /armour 2

*sigh* Yes... know, what you mean. There is so much potencial in the game but with that lame enemy-carrier everything looses sense.

So my hope was with that highscore-list to give it a new challenge till the new patch arrives (or mayby longer).

So what's your recommendation for a interesting highscore-game-setup?

I think enemy-strength at maximum. But the other values?

Maybe it's a cool rule not to destroy the enemy carrier at all and finish the game only by taking all islands. What do you think?

Ok so the hardest mode is the following;

AI difficulty maximum.

All others minimum.

Ok so the hardest mode is the following;

AI difficulty maximum.

All others minimum.

Ok - thats logical.

But is that also "fun"? Does it not take to long / being too slow in the beginning?

I have not tested it yet - but I imagine that could be more interesting / smarter to have some more startup-ressources and/or higher island-output-rate.

And especially the "captured islands count": if this is really low, it takes really long till the game gets a "flow"... and the game at all takes very, very long then. Isn't it so?

What do you think?

And your, Species1571 / and somebody else - what's your opinion?

---

Who would be in? If we got three at least then lets start a challenge!

Would be nice!

Edited by anton-korduan