Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98443 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Tested with vanilla A2OA - played two missions E01 "Hike in the Hills", E02 "Laser Show" before heavy lag + about 5sec freeze in E06 "Littlebird" appeared - after convoy destruction and activation/spawn of friendly tank/armored group south of Bastam. After this freeze I tested to zoom in = stuttering. Nvidia graphic card (560TI) with latest beta drivers 310.33 all nvidia settings are on default/auto-software no manual customisation done yet. arma2oa.rpt:

Version 1.62.98443 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon # Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl # Out of path-planning region for C 1-1-C:2 at 1598.4,5706.3, node type # Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\sedan\ext\ext-sedan-getout-1.wss' # Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\sedan\ext\ext-sedan-getout-1.wss'

I only get the slowdown/5sec(or longer) stutter when using AI (I'am Team Leader) and in spectator mode (ie; I was killed), but its not all the time... hard to repo here.

I tried to repro it like 5 times w/o success. Then we went for a round of MP and when assaulting a city with 141 units on the Chernarus map (counted by <count allUnits>) I suddenly had a slowdown to 2-3 fps. Yet no crash or any entry in the RPT file to be found. However, my team buddy's Arma froze completely and when we looked into his rpt file it read:

No alive in 10000
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\anon\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.mdmp
===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG
Version 1.62.98443
Fault address:  006AD160 01:002AC160 D:\Games\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
Prev. code bytes: 8B 01 6A 01 6A 00 8D 55 E8 52 FF 90 98 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: D9 5D 0C 8B 07 8D 4D E8 51 8B CF FF 90 44 07 00

Registers:
EAX:00000063 EBX:E36E30AE
ECX:46F8D0C0 EDX:018CF200
ESI:FFFFEB6B EDI:5E9B8100
CS:EIP:0023:006AD160
SS:ESP:002B:018CF1C8  EBP:018CF228
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00200202
===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

I can pull the minidump file from him; I will send it to Dwarden as soon as I get it.

EDIT: Ran a mission with 212 units on the map, sporadic recurring freezes and stuttering occurs which got worse through time. Eventually the game froze for 10 sec, ran for 1 sec, froze again for 10 sec. I managed to enter this into the command console: "{deleteVehicle _x} forEach allUnits;" and immediately the freezes were gone. Makes me believe it is directly related to AI activity.

EDIT OCT31st: sent dump, minidump and RPT file of my team member's frozen unit to Dwarden by mail.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Edited by VictorFarbau

Wish I could actually USE the patch and see this wonderfulness. The slowdown makes it unplayable.

In other news: the current AI cover ability is on the verge of fantastic :)

Well, if I place a Stryker ICV M2 (me as commander/gunner) and four Taki inf groups with no RPG gunners (replaced with MG gunners) on the map and drive to them, it looks good. They run and take cover, though they throw too many grenades to random places and kill a lot of their own comrades.

But, and that's the funny thing, when I replace the Stryker with a M1A2 all the machine gunners start firing at me like crazy when I drive to them. Not a single AI unit tries to run into cover. A M1A2 is not that dangerous as a Stryker...

A little bit weird :p

Xeno

Well, if I place a Stryker ICV M2 (me as commander/gunner) and four Taki inf groups with no RPG gunners (replaced with MG gunners) on the map and drive to them, it looks good. They run and take cover, though they throw too many grenades to random places and kill a lot of their own comrades.

But, and that's the funny thing, when I replace the Stryker with a M1A2 all the machine gunners start firing at me like crazy when I drive to them. Not a single AI unit tries to run into cover. A M1A2 is not that dangerous as a Stryker...

A little bit weird :p

Xeno

just remove the unrealistic second gunner a.k.a the LOADER from the TUSK and all wil be well. I always wondered what magic is reloading the main gun with the Loader sticking out...must be the same magic like in he M1A1.

But in general all vehicles with a turned out crew are treated that way.

@Xeno

Another funny one :

I prefer M1A2 Tusk to take towns in warfare,because AT soldiers will try to shoot the loader seat crewman using their rifles, instead of shooting the tank itself with AT while my gunner is killing them ^^

Wish I could actually USE the patch and see this wonderfulness. The slowdown makes it unplayable.

Sadly this....

But I did notice that AI is much better (if the game doesn´t freeze). AT Gunners are merciless bastards, I love em!

@Qazdar

I see, so that's the idea behind the tank urban survival kit.

These sly bastards at the Pentagon...

Hey, there is still the stupid glitch that lets you sprint with ATGM/Igla in your hands.

Do this, start trying to sprint with them.. it will limit your speed. But then press x while trying to sprint and you start sprinting, it looks hilarious.

@Kamov: I think that is a quirk in the engine that is impossible to fix. I think it was introduced with some ability earlier on - we either get the ability and weird sprint, or we loose the ability.

@Kamov: I think that is a quirk in the engine that is impossible to fix. I think it was introduced with some ability earlier on - we either get the ability and weird sprint, or we loose the ability.

And honestly,it's not that critical :D

Beta 98443. No mods.

Very odd bug with waypoints. Combination

HOLD > MOVE 1 > ... > MOVE N > CYCLE > ... > MOVE

not working correctly while opposing ai team have a TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint somewhere on the map. I place debug hint command for 1st 2 waypoint, ai just skip it all and move directly to enemy TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint, no matter of distance. See mission below:

http://rolegame.ru/arma/missions/98443_HOLD_BUG.Chernarus.zip

guide markers are: red (OPFOR), yellow (LZ with bugged TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint) and green (INSURG)

Edited by [fg]

Hopefully with the recent additions and changes to the new intersect commands, we can get the devs to take a look at why the old object intersection command works?

Please see this ticket: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62624

Hopefully its just a minor bug they can work out!

Here's what I did with the annoying lagging:

Delete the beta folder and reinstall the 98443. Then defrag and run ARMA2... so far got quite a playable 25FPS in the ARMA2 Benchmark 1 scenario. Maybe it would solve some you guys problem about the lag.

Here's what I did with the annoying lagging:

Delete the beta folder and reinstall the 98443. Then defrag and run ARMA2... so far got quite a playable 25FPS in the ARMA2 Benchmark 1 scenario. Maybe it would solve some you guys problem about the lag.

I'm running everything on SSD, and still seeing the slowdowns. So fragmentation clearly isn't the problem.

Did you delete the beta folder and reinstall then?

I always do with each and every beta; this has no effect on this issue.

About the lagging, yeah.... it was just a short term solution... it came back after a while... something is really weird with this beta...

Here's a workaround... I found out by chance (again).

When you're starting to have a slow down, pause the game a ALT-TAB to return to desktop, wait for a few secs (when I did this, I wanted to look at Task manager and look at the performance tab, after the CPU usage 'graphs' return to idle, I return to the game)

When you return to the game, it should play smoothly for a few secs and then another slow down probably occur, if it does, pause and ALT-TAB again, then wait for a few secs and return to the game. For me twice is enough... and I can play smoothly all-day. I have tested restart the game and it still play smoothly... but I havent tested after restarting the PC...

Now the question... does this means something? memory leak? some other things? or the game didnt start properly and needed some more time to initialize everything needed to initialize? Obviously I have no idea, but so far it works for me for at least 2 hours now... And no mods... pure vanilla + beta 98443

pause the game a ALT-TAB to return to desktop, wait for a few secs (when I did this, I wanted to look at Task manager and look at the performance tab, after the CPU usage 'graphs' return to idle, I return to the game)

When you return to the game, it should play smoothly for a few secs and then another slow down probably occur, if it does, pause and ALT-TAB again, then wait for a few secs and return to the game. For me twice is enough... and I can play smoothly all-day. I have tested restart the game and it still play smoothly

lol, that was my way for fixing the graphic glitches in DayZ when they occurred some patches ago...

but in general I think you´re right, if the game starts feeling sluggish or abnormalities happen Alt-Tabing often fixes it.