Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98443 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

" ... some AI fixes spotted ... " :)

[98342] Fixed: AI did not enter some corner covers at all, or entered it from a wrong direction+ some beta regressions fixed

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: deployed on STEAM!

Excellent improvements, just wish I had time to try them out properly!

Thanks to all at BIS for your extraordinary diligence & commitment :pc:

Thanks to all at BIS for your extraordinary diligence & commitment :pc:

Indeed. Seeing all the AI improvements recently has been a pleasant surprise and is very appreciated. :)

damn nice, you finally back to AI again, just tested on proven grounds, with asr_ai, ai now really uses more hiding spots then earlier, only strange was, some did glitch into each other, stood both at same cover place.

damn nice, you finally back to AI again, just tested on proven grounds, with asr_ai, ai now really uses more hiding spots then earlier, only strange was, some did glitch into each other, stood both at same cover place.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/25060

vote up

And I still can't confirm it, played 3 hours warfare primarily AT infantry to really force and not a single slowdown.

Confirmed on my end. Played the ace training mission in chernarus. As soon as I set off some artillery in Vybor, I started noticing slowdowns. By time they got to me at the airport I was at 2-4 fps.

I've also noticed some weird shadow bugs as well. I'll try to get some screenshots later if I have time.

Edited by TheCapulet

OMG, the slowdown is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just play Bear Rising (Warfare) scenario for 10 minutes. FPS down to 1.7 around Lopatino. No mods. Nothing in rpt. No CTDs, yet utterly unplayable.

Edited by OMAC

Hi what does it mean again when its deployed on steam?

Funny, the slow down seems selective mission by mission. I've experienced it severely on some missions (down to 1-2 fps) while the one Im playing now in the editor with 50+ AI and every mod known to man -no problems at all. Strange.

Anyone done any quantity of AI testing?

I have a considerable slowdown when 2 F-35s do a flyby. Was making a mission when this happened - will try to make a repro.

i had epic fps drops with previous betas, in forgotten few for example. Game did even freeze server times, all smooth with 1.62 arma 2 co non beta. Also tested with nearly 100 tanks battle mission, with jsrs and warfx + ace, its geting abit laggy when tanks do start shooting at first time, then it gets playable again.

i had epic fps drops with previous betas, in forgotten few for example. Game did even freeze server times, all smooth with 1.62 arma 2 co non beta. Also tested with nearly 100 tanks battle mission, with jsrs and warfx + ace, its geting abit laggy when tanks do start shooting at first time, then it gets playable again.

I can confirm similiar behaviour in SP/Devils Peak/vanilla;

the game freezes in irregular intervals (depending on AI activity) but runs smooth otherwise (no longer lasting slowdowns);

the duration of the freezes vary from a fracture of a second to several seconds.

not confirmed with basic 1.62 :/

Steel Panthers OA scenario will become unplayable soon after engagement near Point Gold commences.

Escape from Chero is unplayable with beta patch but runs fine without.

Getting crash to desktop with this version still. Have sent dumps to Dwarden and have also sent several for previous betas.

we need simple and clear repro missions for these bugs so it can be fast fixed ... thanks

we need simple and clear repro missions for these bugs so it can be fast fixed ... thanks

-Start a mission

-Wait for the slowdown to start (Half a frame per second or less in my case)

-Slowdown never goes away

This is actually the most simple repro to show the issue, I've tried 3 stock missions, each gave the same slowdown problem after some time into the mission.

Having extreme fps drops aswel while playing ACE2 on the Beta. FPS drops appear after around 1 hour of playing in "A Day In The Life (ACE)" and "Incurgency (ACE)". Not tried other missions but those 2 have a lot of AI moving. GPU shows like 20% load, CPU is running fine aswel while playing 3fps. When the FPS issues start for the second time it wont recover in the most cases and eventually when I Alt-Tab to check cpu/gpu status the game crashes. Flush the GPU wont do anything. Tried to disable ASR_AI and TPW_AI but no luck. Same issues were going on on the 98220 beta version

Arma 1.62 vanilla runs stable on same missions and addons.

Edited by m0nkm0nk

Anyone lost ATV vehicle sounds since using this Beta ?

:)

Thanks @dorph,

Probably one of my mods playing up then:(.