Sign in to follow this  
RozekPoland

making trees disappear when destroyed

I'm looking for a solution to make a tree disappear when it's destroyed or ran over by car/tank. I was experimenting with destructiontype on both config and the model of the tree but none of them was giving me the effect I'm looking for. Any idea?

I'm looking for a solution to make a tree disappear when it's destroyed or ran over by car/tank. I was experimenting with destructiontype on both config and the model of the tree but none of them was giving me the effect I'm looking for. Any idea?

I think it will work if you put class eventhandlers in the config

Something like:

class eventhandlers
	{
	killed = "[_this select 0] exec {\YourAddonName\delete_object.sqs}";
	};
};

delete_objects.sqs

;***************************************
;Delete Object Script By Nikiller v0.9b
;Note: Place a game logic named server
;contact: nikillerofp@hotmail.fr
;[objectName] exec "scriptname.sqs"
;***************************************

if (local server) then {} else {goto "ende"}

_o = _this select 0

~5
deleteVehicle _o

#ende

exit

I am not addon maker then I don't guarantee it will work.

cya.

Nikiller.

Hello,

The script you have provided works for trees placed in editor but it does not work for trees already existing on the islands. I have created a config for some trees and included the script in EventHandler Killed but with no effect.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help :)

hi,

Hello,

The script you have provided works for trees set in editor but it does not work on trees on the island. I have modified the config of these trees (they are additional objects - Berghoff Natural Pack 3) but with no effect.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help :)

Did you add a class evenhandlers in the config.cpp?

cya.

Nikiller.

hi,

IIRC evenhandlers do not work on WRP/Visitor placed objects.

Ho ok it's trees included with island. Sorry I didn't understood. I don't think it is possible to delete object included with the island.

cya.

Nikiller.

A tree as a model has its own destructiontype that is configureable in O2. Is there any way to create a new kind of destructiontype like DestructMan, DestructBuilding etc.? I have studied the config but I haven't found any example.

What about the destruction type that tents, bushes and other similiar objects have? If done correctly, you could probably have the trees sink under ground. Though it might look kinda funny, it's probably the best you can have without switching to editor placed trees instead and using script based solutions like Nikiller suggested.

destructtent causes that a tree falls like a bush but it's still visible on the ground,

dammage bush does not work on a tree.

still not solution...

destructtent causes that a tree falls like a bush but it's still visible on the ground

You need to modify the tree models so that they're partially under ground to begin with. That would cause them to sink all the way down I'd imagine.