Sign in to follow this  
Murcielago_ESP

The Shooting Range 2 by [MIC] Murcielago

Updated version of The Shooting Range. This new version contains some new features and improvements.

This is a mission and not a mod so you only need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to play it.

This mission will allow you to enjoy the best ballistic simulation in a simulator. The projectile camera will allow you to see what projectiles do in a proper simulator: ricochet of bullets, deflection of bullets, loss of energy/speed due to air friction and/or due to material penetration, complex simulation of material penetration (depending of bullet type, material and distance), bullet drop (Force of gravity)...

This mission is different... It uses maths formulas to place objects to give to every player the same things at the same place as you can use this mission to compete against four players; It has menus to guide you to create tests to compete with other players; It has a complete set of messages to allow you to understand how you need to the things... In addition it contains all the Arma 2 Combined Operations weapons and most common vehicles to use them as targets so you can use this mission to improve your skills or you can share your knowledge with colleagues.

The Shooting Range 2 can be a shooting competition for 5 players; it can be a training area for you; it can be a place where you can share your knowledge with colleagues; It can be a place where you will be capable to see differences between: weapons, ammunition and targets; It can be the place where you can test a new weapon or vehicle...

.NEW FEATURES:

-TWO VERSIONS of the mission (East and west);

-PROJCTILE DATA to allow you to know: muzzle projectile speed, final projectile speed, speed loss, range and projectile point of impact for every vehicle/unit

-MULTIPLE TARGETS and ability to change stances of targets for soldiers.

-FENCE OBJECT to study bullet penetration and how it affects to bullet's energy and direction.

-TARGET ROTATION.

-ADVANCED AERIAL TARGET: You can stop and rotate an helicopter to allow to study its weak points.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14617

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=5966&game=1

.INSTALLATION:

Extract "TheShootingRange2_East.Chernarus.pbo" and "TheShootingRange2_West.Chernarus.pbo" files inside "...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions" folder.

Do not use this mission or parts of this mission for commercial purposes without author's permission.

Created by:

[MIC] Murcielago (mgllgm@hotmail.com)

22nd October 2012.

Excellent!, thanks Mic, as always, great job!

Mmm, this looks really good. Can't have too many good practice aids IMHO. I'll give this a thrashing at the weekend.

Thank you for sharing :)

Awesome work.

Just downloaded your ACE version, again Awesome work.

But could you in a update add the kestrel for wind info?

Regards

Murcielago: Fast and great work. Thx a lot for this nice mission. We will try it out and i will report ;)

Yes kestrel and a 2nd player(spotter) to help the sniper would be very cool for real sniping ;)

Having an issue with theshootingrange2_west_ace.chernarus.pbo as when I pick a Soldier as target, this error message pops up:

62cbae1604087809b44faedbb2a2f5f9.png

All fine with the East version though.

Edit:

checked the Description.ext file and in teh West version, you've got this:

minPlayers = 2;

maxPlayers = 18;

Instead of this:

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 5;

And the following command is missing at line 906:

#include "Table_25.hpp"

Also, in Score_Server_Check.sqs file, we have this:

If (Score p1 > _Score_p1) Then {p1 AddScore -1;}

If (Score p2 > _Score_p2) Then {p2 AddScore -1;}

If (Score p3 > _Score_p3) Then {p3 AddScore -1;}

If (Score p4 > _Score_p4) Then {p4 AddScore -1;}

If (Score p5 > _Score_p5) Then {p5 AddScore -1;}

instead of this:

If (Score p1 < _Score_p1) Then {p1 AddScore 1;}

If (Score p2 < _Score_p2) Then {p2 AddScore 1;}

If (Score p3 < _Score_p3) Then {p3 AddScore 1;}

If (Score p4 < _Score_p4) Then {p4 AddScore 1;}

If (Score p5 < _Score_p5) Then {p5 AddScore 1;}

Hope it helps

Edited by Kawa

Thanks Kawa! I will take a look. I think you are right. I did have a little issue before I released the mission and looks like I forgot to replace this part of the code (Score part). My bad!

Thanks Mate!

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Due to the little mishap I think I will work on an update. Again, thanks Kawa!

I will try to include the kestrel device.

I need to say that I'm not into ACE mod so if I missed something please let me know it.

I will wait for a week and then I will release the update version. Any good idea could be included so feel free to post them!

Guys feel free to modify my mission code only remember to mention the author please. Feel free to post here your questions about the mission.

I will stop my current projects to polish the mission. The more comments the more time I will spent on this mission.

Thanks for ALL the comments!

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Kawa! You are 100% right!

I do not know how that thing happened! I normally work "cloning" files! I will kill one of my Quality Control testers! ;)

I did test many times both missions! May be I need a team!

Thanks Kawa, I really appreciate your time.

Murcielago

You're welcome Murcielago, my squad and myself are really enjoying your mission so thanks to you.

May I suggest to have an ACE Lite version with boxes filled with ACE weapons only and only from his side so it's less cluttered?

Still in an ACE version, if it would be possible to hide the GUI panel on the right at will, it might be great since some ACE own GUI panels pops-up there (quick mag check eg.)

Hi Kawa,

There is an option on every Pc to turn the right menu on or off.

About tidying the weapons I think is a great idea. I can include inside the updated version that I will release soon.

Thanks Kawa!

Murcielago

Should have checked better, sorry.

What would you think about a Mortar Shooting Range?

There would be a Mortar Team (Mortarman plus an Assistant) at a firing post (no need much space) and a Forward Observer at an Observation Post with a clear LOS on a valley where there are various groups of targets poping up in distance for a couple of minutes.

"Vanilla" version would require the FO to lase the target to makes a laser mark pops up on the map (Benny have such a script in his Warfare, as a Skill for the Sniper) and the Mortar Team to simply select the right range in the Arty Computer, sadly, just point and click.

By night, the Mortar Team would have to fire a flare to let the FO actually see something.

Also a given type of target could require a smoke screen instead of HE.

The ACE version would be much more interesting since the FO would have to connect his Vector/SOFLAM device to his DAGR to get the target's coordinates and then transmit it to the Mortar Team (even funnier with ACRE) in time. There the targets could stay up longer, like for 3 minutes.

One could then imagine a CAS Shooting Range... :D

Hehe with this much of options Murcielago give us with his map, there a plenty of scenarios possible. My fav is still sniper+spotter ;) Perhaps another place on cerna would be good to add 10 or 20 player slots so the admin could change from 10 player to 5 teams - 5 sniper and the player on the right is now his spotter and have the same stat window as the sniper?! Or AT with a buddy for range checking.

Hello Kawa, I am having trouble with the DayZ Redux version you uploaded, I installed it in my OperationArrowhead/MPMissions Directory and have been running it with the DayZ Mod but it will not fully load up, it freezes up at one point and goes no further, leaving me staring at a view of some part of Chenarus, I'd post the picture but I just registered and must have more than 1 post to attach an image. :confused:

I also have no character selection screen or anything, I really hope you can help me out with this as I could really use this to help train a squad of bambi's.:)

Thank you,

Derek

Hello Derek,

make sure you are running DayZ Redux, as this variants have its own classnames.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

http://forums.dayzredux.com/index.php?/topic/2229-mic-murcielagos-shooting-range-2-redux

As for regular DayZ, I think that you can simply use the normal Shooting range as DayZ uses, as far as I know, unmoded weapons.

Hello Derek,

make sure you are running DayZ Redux, as this variants have its own classnames.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

http://forums.dayzredux.com/index.php?/topic/2229-mic-murcielagos-shooting-range-2-redux

As for regular DayZ, I think that you can simply use the normal Shooting range as DayZ uses, as far as I know, unmoded weapons.

Oh! I didn't know about a DayZ Redux mod, I feel silly now. Your right thought I can simply use the normal Shooting Range. Thanks for the quick response!:yay:

-Derek

I got a problem with the mission. Everytime i start it i only get a black screen. The intro works perfectly fine but the screen just keeps black.

I got a problem with the mission. Everytime i start it i only get a black screen. The intro works perfectly fine but the screen just keeps black.

Yes, I can confirm that. Black screen after mission briefing. The character seems to move, but everything is black. ACE and Arma Beta, both up to date.

EDIT: No, it must be conflicting with another mod, unfortunately I have no time to sort it out which is the evil one...

A minimal mod line with no fancy stuff, BAF,PMC or ACR works:

SET mods=@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

Edited by tortuosit

Wow, I don't know how I missed this... Anyhow Solid work I grabbed this last week to practice Sniping at long ranges (1200+ Meters) and went from being able to hit a stationary target in the chest at 1000-1200m to being able to hit a moving target in the head 8 out of 10 times from 1400+ Meters... You get a Huge +1 from me ^.^

Doiwnload:

https://github.com/5YNTH3T1K/The-shooting-range-2-/releases/tag/ARMA2

Searched high and low for the files and as luck would have it I found them again. Phew.

This is a classic. Uploaded to Github. RIP Armaholics.

The only thing is the "soldier" target did not work for my Steam Version of ARMA 2.

No idea why. Something is missing? It used to work back in the day.

Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

Excellent for shooting DMR out past 1000m. Make a range sheet! 

( 1175m is 4 mildots down on level field. I think...)

Enjoy.

Note:

The source code is not included. Just the .pbo's in a folder and a .txt file.

I am not the Author, and have uploaded this only for the benefit of others.

Scanned the files before and after .zip and came back negative on Mbam.