Sign in to follow this  
0o Smokey o0

how did u escape frm captivity

how did u guys make ur pilot guy escape frm the soviets?

the 1st time, i waited til night, but every time i tried to run away, they all shot at me hardcore, so i restarted the whole mission.

Heres wat i did to pass it:

after the heli lands at the base/prison, i quickly ran into the neaby chopper that was parked and stole it, they didnt shoot me, cuz they had their guns on their backs, and by the time i was in the chopper, they couldnt get me :biggrin:      then i just flew around the island til i found NATO forces.  when taking off, i did have to take out a few shilkas and tanks.  i was laughing my ass off when i hijacked their own heli, right infront of em smile.gif

(Edited by 0o Smokey o0 at 6:14 am on Oct. 19, 2001)

Nice one! :wink:

What i did was wait till night and made a run for the empty BMP and took off , blew up a tank then ran through the woods till i found the base. (Which took me a while) sad.gif

Walk with your captors onto the main road and dive into an alleyway on your left.

Take an ak47/74 whatever and lay down, take out you captor and guard taking up the rear.

keep low and take out bmp crew

then you have several options;

run like #### to the woods

steal a bmp and shoot everything that moves

use your imagination.

I have managed to get into the pilots seat of the heli just seconds after I got out of it, that ones fun then just carpet bomb the base and land finishing off the remaining enemy.

This is the best of all the missions, play about with it and have fun.

GOOD LUCK

(Edited by dazmorg at 12:07 am on Oct. 20, 2001)

Right from the start I was flown to a destroyed town were I was shot by a fireing squad.

So the next time I just legged it up the hill when they lined up and away.

well, i also "hijacked" the chopper, and flew away. the only tricky thing was the timing, you need to run on the right side of the cockpit to enter, because on the left side you get shot immediately.

i also tried the bmp, but they took me out with their chopper just when the message popped on that i am in the woods, hungry and having cold....

(Edited by Lieutenant Fred at 3:40 pm on Nov. 4, 2001)

I got the Hind and fly away, when suddenly another Hind came after me. I started fighting with it, when a cutscene appeared and the mission was over.

When I arrived after the helo flight and the soldier near me started walking off to join his comrades, I dashed to the small building right near me. In the middle of the building is an archway with some ammo crates. I picked up a PK and let some of them on the other side of the house have it.

Then I dashed off to a barn-like building behind that one, ran in a ditch going up hill till I was near some trees further uphill and zigzagged towards and through the trees, after which there were no more bullets whizzing by and I escaped.

I got fed up and I hadn't bothered to look at forums like this yet so I just cheated 'Endmission'.... might go back and do it properly someday...

I Took out every last Tank, Chopper and Soldier in this mission... Just to teach them a lesson for keeping me in captivity...

I run around the back of the small Steepled building with the Arc, Picked up an AK47 and continued around the building to the Jeep...

If you are quick they dont even notice you mount the vehicle... Then I drove near to the parked BMP.. you should see a Building with an Open door.. Inside is all the amunition you need plus RPG5's and loads of Rockets... You can then proceed to Snipe the Camp from inside the Shelter... Take the copter & BMP out with the RPG5 and watch the soldiers come running.. eventually 2 other tanks come from the outskirts of the area begging to be burnt which further adds to your score..

Such hostility .. I just dove for a bush outside of the tent then inched my way down the alley and into the night (granted not on my first try) then head for the highest hill. After that whatever direction you thing of going with clues turn around and go the oppsite way.

i just ran to the bmp and jumped in as the driver. then i set it to manual fire. then i drove the tank within a few meters of the hind and just shot it with a sabot. after i took care of the chopper i just used the heat to take care of all of the soldiers. or i just ran over the commie bastards. when i punished the reds i just took the tank up the hill directly behind the prison or directly south. i just used the compass that is on the top of the screen while youre in the tank. after you are on top of the hill you are then taken to the cut screen for the next mission. but oddly enough you are on foot. some how you lose the tank. maybe ran out of fuel.

out

this all depends if the pilots got out, some times they stay in, if you get in the BMP or UAZ when he's in your dead 1 min later