Sign in to follow this  
christopher1006

Rather unethical warfare

Considering Iran isn't exactly a country known for world peace and NATO isn't at it's best how desperate might they be to win? Would they go to the point of biological warfare(introducing chemical suits and gas masks)? Perhaps something a bit more explosive such as Phosphorus mortor rounds. There's so many options for a faction willing to do anything to win, what are you guys interested in seeing if anything that's nice and far below the belt? (Just a note, killing civilians is frowned upon in most cultures so that is an applicable topic here as well.)

White Phosphorus mortar/artillery rounds are already in ArmA 2, so I'd think they might make another appearance in ArmA 3.

I'd personally like to see Cluster Bombs in this iteration of ArmA. We've seen them made by the community before, but never officially part of the game.

White Phosphorus mortar/artillery rounds are already in ArmA 2, so I'd think they might make another appearance in ArmA 3.

I'd personally like to see Cluster Bombs in this iteration of ArmA. We've seen them made by the community before, but never officially part of the game.

I believe there are cluster bombs now :cool:

I would like to see some high tech system which involves helmet display, 3d marking of enemies with laser pointer, or just last known position on a 3d space in the display. This could be used to shoot trough walls to take down your enemy instantly without complications. Ofcourse this seems unbalanced, but I bet the military will have a system like this in the future, and war can be unbalanced now and then. And Ofcourse this system will take a while to put up and use, so that the enemy has a chance.

I believe there are cluster bombs now :cool:

I would like to see some high tech system which involves helmet display, 3d marking of enemies with laser pointer, or just last known position on a 3d space in the display. This could be used to shoot trough walls to take down your enemy instantly without complications. Ofcourse this seems unbalanced, but I bet the military will have a system like this in the future, and war can be unbalanced now and then. And Ofcourse this system will take a while to put up and use, so that the enemy has a chance.

So business as usual in OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 ? we have a magical blue force/all force tracker map in easy mode red markers where to shoot and we have little icons flouting on friendly players showing where they are and marking the team leader. Nothing new except that this kind of help would be at veteran difficulty.

I would love to have 3 up to even more maps like low detail map drawn by hand or from the 18 century a normal civilan map, miltary maps. A notepad where you can write and draw and the final stage a RPDA for military use.

Edited by -Paladin-

WP 105 and 120 mm rounds are great for shelling enemy infantry positions in ACE2 ;)

So business as usual in OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 ? we have a magical blue force/all force tracker map in easy mode red markers where to shoot and we have little icons flouting on friendly players showing where they are and marking the team leader. Nothing new except that this kind of help would be at veteran difficulty.

Im simply saying it would be cool to have a device with a stealth like system that can be used now and then for engaging unaware enemies through cooperation when you can't see them. When I said system you probably thought of the interface right? Well, NO!

Let me explain it to you in detail: You have two BLUEFOR operatives, and two OPFOR operatives. The two BLUEFOR operatives want to take out their enemies, the two OPFOR operatives( lets call the BLUEFOR "B" and OPFOR "O") has a defense set up in a building. B is outside. Okay! so far so good. B leader has a heavy or light "scanner device" which he takes out near the building. Somehow this can be done in the future right? since this is allready possible to some extent http://www.ll.mit.edu/news/thruwallradar.html Ofcourse this is just way too much to have with you so, scaling it down to a "backpack device" like level is needed( since its the future a lot of stuff is possible, right?)

The "scanner device" then links itself to any friendly operator with a computerized helmet near the proximity of the device. B rifleman, then turns on the display on his helmet and a visor comes down infront of the eyes. It will either be a visor for both eyes or just on one eye, depending on whats suitable and balanced, and shit. Through his visor, he can see the two O's in infrared or thermal, but its a very limited range, maybe only 8 feet. You also can't move much with the display on since all the information gets static and impossible to read. The visor will be blue or some dark color so you better turn it off when you are fighting a real firefight. ( The display can ofcourse work in a much more practical manner if needed, this is just one of a many ways )

Okay, so through the visor, B can see his enemy when he's standing still( and the enemy might be easier to see when he is standing still aswell). Either this is auto when the "scanner" is on and linked or maybe the leader has to mark out the enemies through the device, whatever. What the B rifleman can do now is shoot trough a thin wall or something with his rifle to take down the enemy, or if he had a 50 cal, shooting through a thicker wall won't be a problem, perhaps.

Now to some of you this will seem like utter sci-fi bullshit, but it might just be possible in the... oh.. you guessed, da frickin future! You can figure out how this can be convenient for the military yourself.

Edited by Ekko

The gay bomb

+1 warning for spamming.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

+1 warning for spamming.

I thought the gay bomb was one of the better suggestions so far. Just because it's not your preference doesn't make it any less valid than any other idea suggested in this thread. So I guess you better write me up aswell for having an opinion and sense of humor.... Jeez.

Oh and technically spam would be:

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

Gaybomb

etc.

Just saying.

Here. DurbanPoison_VoD is now banned from the thread for repeatedly spamming it.

lol @ above.

Oh, and I think that they talked about it in one of the more recent demonstration-videos.

The ones at the airport where they showed helicopter-air-support.

They talked about what kinds of round there were available as of right now I think. I might be wrong.

I'll post it here if I can find the right one.

Not sure if I'd call something designed for killing more unethical than anything else designed for killing.

There's probably a few different kinds of more unusual ways now anyhow.

Edited by AlexVestin

There is no such thing as "ethical" warfare to begin with. Certain weapons have been banned because of their impact on innocent bystanders, not active participants of the conflict per se.

In a total war scenario, pretty much everything is fair game. Political correctness and Humanitarian concerns will go right out of the window once the war arrives at the homefront. Unless it´s a political warfare scenario a la vietnam, obvsly.

and I thought the infraction I got was serious! :rolleyes:

+1 infraction for public discussion on how the forum is moderated

It was serious, and so is this one. Please brush up on the forum rules and we may prevent any further unnecessary infractions / unpleasantness.

there IS ethical warfare... killing someone is FACTORS more ethical than using dirty bombs that kill people slowly and painfully over long periods of time... to say that killing with bullets is just as unethical as dropping a dirty bomb that radiates people to death over a period of days is just dumb.

if we are on this subject though i think as far as weapons that could appear in game, i agree with the original post along the lines of dirty gas bombs that would introduce gas masks and such... lets have mustard gas for the OP For and if you get hit with it your character quickly looses vision to a very blurred state and movement is quickly impaired, still able to shoot though although not accurately and if not healed by a medic in .... say 5 minutes or so.... then they die

There is no such thing as "ethical" warfare to begin with. Certain weapons have been banned because of their impact on innocent bystanders, not active participants of the conflict per se.

In a total war scenario, pretty much everything is fair game. Political correctness and Humanitarian concerns will go right out of the window once the war arrives at the homefront. Unless it´s a political warfare scenario a la vietnam, obvsly.

Frightening point of view. Of course there are more or less ethical ways of making war, and thus of employing warfare. And political correctness has nothing to do with this.

When I say ethical warefare I refer to the method of killing as well as collateral damage. I.E. a gas weapon that takes hours to kill soldiers once it's in their system to try and spread terror through the ranks. I understand that all is fair in Love and War but this thread is more about those weapons that aren't meant just to kill them as quickly as possible or maybe has other purposes like that "gaybomb"(interesting wiki by the way).

Frightening point of view. Of course there are more or less ethical ways of making war, and thus of employing warfare. And political correctness has nothing to do with this.

I am just being realistic. There is -nothing- noble, glorious, fun or beneficial in warfare. I mean, the bouncing mines that are being introduced are technically illegal according to UN antipers-mine resolutions, for example.

For a nation, or an alliance of nations, war may be an option, but at the bottom, the people in the way and who are involved will always loose in some fashion or the other. I met people, for example, who were affected by the afghanistan conflict both directly and indirectly, and for none of them it was a happy story.

We should keep this in mind all the time, I think.

When you're fighting a war on and for your land, you probably won't hold back on the measures employed.

Just to add to the chemical warfare part, I find the depiction of white phosphorus in Arma 2 somewhat subpar. Sure, it makes some smoke and hurts units in the blast zone and it's even toxic in ACE 2, but it lacks the range of incendiary effects to go with it. I don't know just how realistic

(!video contains spoilers for Spec Ops: The Line! and is also quite messed up) is, but it sure looks the part. Edited by OnlyRazor

If people could catch on fire WP would be much better in game. Haven't seen that since the ECP mod though. It's far more incendiary than toxic, we use it to mask troop movements relatively safely.