Sign in to follow this  
ffur2007slx2_5

Simple Ballistic Missile Launching Script

Simple Ballistic Missile Script

2649805430772038963.jpg

Description:

This one is the revamped version from my previous ballistic missile launching script, which helps you to simulate a ballistic missile launching scene in gameplay. You can find a visual missile launched from the ground at anytime anywhere as long as you execute it. The launching missile is scripted with unique charactoristics accompanied such as heavy smoke generated at the first launching stage, strong light when missile was launched at night, shaking groung when you're stay along side the launching missile, and realistically simulated tail smoke and tail flame, etc.

Changelog:

#0005:New Missile flame effect

#0004:Revamped Missile tail smoke

#0003:Added effect illustration in ReadMe

#0002:Fixed instruction in ReadMe

#0001:File Created

Installation:

If you wanna to use it in your mission personally, please fallow the steps below.

1. Copy folder ffur_Missile into your mission folder

2. Create Description.ext inside your mission folder. (If you have already got a fully defined description.ext, jump to step 4 directly.)

3. copy

class CfgSounds
{
};

Into your description.ext

4. Copy #include "ffur_Missile\ffur_Missile.h" under cfgclass sound class.

class cfgsound
{
#include "ffur_Missile\ffur_Missile.h"
};

5. Reload your mission and create a logic on you map (The Logic is just the place where you wanna your missile launched from)

6. Enter fsm = [Position this] execfsm "ffur_Missile\ffur_Missile.fsm"; into Logic’s init bar.

Script Download

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1687409,ffur_missile.rar

Demo Mission DownLoad

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1687410,ffur_missile.woodland_acr.rar

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

Hey man, been looking for you for a long time with your other script you made on Armaholic.

Can you make a demo mission for this one? So much easier for me to see it working and take it apart.

Thanks

Hey ffur. How can I activate the launch with a trigger? Currently the script is activate instantly once the mission starts.

Wow thanks, a demo mission was included inside the download link, unzip the file and you can find a ffur_Missile.pbo and ffur_Missile script folder.

ffur_Missile.pbo is just the demo mission, if you find any difficulities in the demo mission, i'll just repack a new one and get it uploaded.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Hey ffur. How can I activate the launch with a trigger? Currently the script is activate instantly once the mission starts.

After your description.ext is done (Just adding the launching sound for the missile) insert a gamelogic inside the map, this is the launching position for the missile. Once you think it is the right time to call the missile, enter the code

fsm = [Position GameLogic] execfsm "ffur_Missile\ffur_Missile.fsm";

in another trigger (either condition checking or count-down is okay)

Then you can call the missile whenever or wherever you want.

btw, I still need to get it updated, like the shaking effect, base igniting flame effect, enhanced light effect and customiable launching direction. Estimated to be unleashed at the end of this month.

Was anything changed? Cant find any info about that.

Was anything changed? Cant find any info about that.

Wow sorry that the image was broken down again, I need to upload a new shortcut instead of the old one.