Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

where to put my new pbo file ?

I have created an object in gmax turned it into a obj file imported into O2 and used binPBO to creat a obp file. Where in TOH do I put the new obp file so I can use it in the editor.

Also if I create an object like a bambi bucket for fire fighting what file type do I save it as

Rhys

Edited by nosecone

Hey Nosecone,

I don't have any Arma ,toh files anymore , I lost my Hard drive unfortunately or fortunately after 11 years lol :).

anyway , use a mixture of the two peoples advice above and I give you permission to un pbo my things and use as a learning tool if you wish.

have fun I did ;).

Thanks guys

I guess I have more questions than answers.

I am more use to using gmax so created my object in gmax ran maxscript copyed the information string to a txt file and saved it as a object file. I opened O2 and imported my object and my new object appears in O2 so far so good, question is

do I save the file as a ArmA2 pd3 file or export the file as a P3d old version?

Cheers

Rhys

@nosecone

Follow this: Mondkalb's Addon Tutorial. I know it is for a wall, but this is the whole process.

:lookaround:

It will be quicker for you to just go through that tutorial, than to keep asking questions that are covered in that tutorial and waiting for an answer...

Hi Sven2157

I do appreciate the help. I followed a another tutorial suggested to me http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm. Downloaded the finished lesson followed the instructions placed the pbo file in my addon folder in TOH but in the editor it does not appear in any of the objects list? also I can't seem to find PBO tool, tried several links but nothing found

Rhys

They both say pretty much the same thing:

1. Put your files( model.p3d, config.cpp, etc, etc ) into your work folder.
  2. Open BinPBO.
  3. Set your project( work ) folder.
  4. Set your destination folder.
  5. Press pack.
  6. Done! :cool:

So where is it exactly you are having trouble?

Do you have the BI Tools 2.5 installed? Did you install them correctly to the "P:\" drive?

When you check in the editor, choose Side EMPTY, then look in the list of classes.

Hi Sven

I have the latest bi tools 2.5.1 the automatic installer installed files to p drive and O2 plus the other tools into c drive. I placed the crate pbo from the lesson plan into the TOH Addon folder. In the editor I selected side empty and classes but can't find the crate.

Rhys

What is in the PBO file? Is the Binarized 3D model( .P3D file ) and the config.bin? What does the orginal config.cpp say is the display name? Example = ' displayName = "MyCrate"; '

Can you upload the PBO file... I will take a look at it for you...

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Remember:

Every 3D Model has to have a config.cpp, that you then convert to a binarized version named config.bin! This tells the game engine what this thing is. If the config.cpp is correct, when you use the BinPBO, it will binarize the 3D Model and the config.cpp automatically, and create the PBO file for you. You then have to create an @folder - where folder is the name of your addon - with another folder called AddOns inside that. You then have to place the PBO inside this folder. Once that is done, you then have to do ONE of the following:

modify the command line startup with: '"-mod=@folder"'

OR

When TKOH starts, click Expansions on the main menu, find your Addon, Enable it, restart TKOH.

ONLY THEN will it be available in the mission editor: assuming the addon itself it properly made.

Hi Sven

Thank you I have made a very simple bambi bucket and wondering if you could have a look at it for me. There is no textures as is just a sample object. Not sure were to uploaded it to, send me a PM if that helps so I can send it to you via email

Regards

Rhys

Alrighty...

Firstly, models apparently have to have a geometry LOD, even if it has nothing on it. You can find more about the different LODs in the Wiki. Second, you have to have a config.cpp and model.cfg in order to view it in game. Not sure about Bulldozer, but it worked for me. To close Buldozer hit 'ALT+F4'. To leave it open to make changes, and continue viewing your changes just use 'ALT+TAB' to switch between O2 and Bulldozer.

On a modeling note - When you import from another program( Gmax in this case ) you must take care of the model's scale( as seen in the following image ):

thumb_2012-10-30_00001.jpg

I have made comments in the Model and Config files for your review and zipped up all the files in a 7-zip format( .7z ). You will need 7 Zip to extract them. You can download the files from the following link, with the username and password I sent you in that private message. bambiBucket.7z

Let me know if you have any other questions! :cool:

*** EDIT ***

The only change to the P3D file I made was to add an additional LOD, and under properties I selected 'Geometry'. Then of course, I added the config.cpp and model.cfg...

Edited by Sven2157

One word on the scale in O2: the grid has a cell size of 1 meter or 39.3701 inch/3.28084 foot. Also in the measuring window, units are in meters. When creating new objects, also there the size reference is in meters. Creating a box with size 1 - 1 - 1 will be 1 meter large in all 3 dimensions (stupid explanation, can't do it better).

Myke;2246985']One word on the scale in O2: the grid has a cell size of 1 meter or 39.3701 inch/3.28084 foot. Also in the measuring window' date=' units are in meters. When creating new objects, also there the size reference is in meters. Creating a box with size 1 - 1 - 1 will be 1 meter large in all 3 dimensions (stupid explanation, can't do it better).[/quote']

Yeah, the problem is that when you export as a 3DS format. Open it in 3ds Max/Gmax, the scale is off. When you re-scale it in 3ds Max/Gmax and save, it seems to not keep the scale correct. This model was made in Gmax by nosecone, and then the import into O2 bolluxed the scale again.

Hi Sven

Thank you for helping me out with this. I see what you mean about scale.I re scaled the object and got it pretty close to the size it should be. I'll have a go at texturing and see how hard that is. One question, how would I go about replacing the original bucket with my bambi bucket in the put out the fire mission

Rhys