Sign in to follow this  
Japalax

Real Anti-aliasing?

Is there anyway to enable it with out using the awful in game setting, I'm running my game at 1600x900 and the jaggies are still bad, I tried using nvidia control panel but it screws up the game with black and missing textures all over the place.

You'll always have jaggies. The game looks like its upscaled from a lower resolution. I also have them in 1920x1200. Yeah, bad. Maybe because of xbox support?

I hope they add in proper AA support via later patches then, I changed my resolution to 1920x1080, looks a bit better, I'd go 2048x1152 but I don't think my gtx 295 will handle it :).

It's hardcoded to FXAA in the data, can adjust it but don't know what will happen.

It did looked awful. Jaggie's everywhere with my old 5850. Now, after upgrading to the 7850 it looks quite nice. I think it all has to do with shaders. 4 and up work better with FXAA.

It did looked awful. Jaggie's everywhere with my old 5850. Now, after upgrading to the 7850 it looks quite nice. I think it all has to do with shaders. 4 and up work better with FXAA.

Dam that's not what I wanted to hear lol, my current system is an i7 975 quad core, 6gb ddr3 and of course a GTX 295, should I keep the CPU and just get a new video card or build a new system?

Dam that's not what I wanted to hear lol, my current system is an i7 975 quad core, 6gb ddr3 and of course a GTX 295, should I keep the CPU and just get a new video card or build a new system?

Best thing. These days most games are s****** f******* b******* console ports. So having a card that supports higher shader's will give better graphics because it gives you higher or better AA.

It's not all bad. You can pick up a 7850 or Nvidia equivalent for around £150 or less. I think you are looking for something with shaders between 4 and 5

Edited by Dajunka

Maby, just maby, try updating your video card drivers and direct X and maby play around with dxdiag?

I run all my games in 720p, because its a little lower than the monitors rez there's is a free anti alias effect.

I hope you're joking about that. May as well just take your glasses off and say it's antialiased.

Oh, don't forget the spit, bubble gum and duct tape; duct tap will fix anything. :P

You'll always have jaggies. The game looks like its upscaled from a lower resolution. I also have them in 1920x1200. Yeah, bad. Maybe because of xbox support?

That would be pretty sad if that was the reason. Xbox 360 games usually use real anti-aliasing. Console games hardly ever use FXAA. It looks horrible at 720p. If a game is too demanding for real AA they just let them have the jaggies. The FXAA on the Xbox version is the reason why its the worst looking Xbox game I have ever seen. I have no real Idea why its being used here. Maybe the devs just don't have enough console experience to know that FXAA is a no-no.

The game renders directly in selected resolution, there is not any upscaling from a lower one. Yes, there is FXAA applied, both on PC and Xbox.

We will consider to add option to switch it off. We were somehow convinced that FXAA is still better than no AA at all and that's why it is non-switchable.

best regards,

We were somehow convinced that FXAA is still better than no AA at all and that's why it is non-switchable.

Agreed, but on low end systems some people may want to switch off AA to get more performance.

The game renders directly in selected resolution, there is not any upscaling from a lower one. Yes, there is FXAA applied, both on PC and Xbox.

We will consider to add option to switch it off. We were somehow convinced that FXAA is still better than no AA at all and that's why it is non-switchable.

best regards,

Can you please please add options to tone down the fog and remove the film grain filter. It really hurts my eyes trying to see sometimes. Especially near volcanos.

I must have heard at least half a dozen dev's from various games say the same thing. But you only have to compare a screen with FXAA and the same with your normal AA, to see that the normal AA is far superior.

So I have no idea what these dev's are talking about.

Edited by Dajunka

ITs more about processor cycles, FXAA is adequate without being demanding. full MSAA is really demanding.

Now if you don't think the game is demanding already. I have a quad phenom 2 X4 (3.2ghz) with GTX 560 overclocked and the game still skips sometimes with all the bells and whistles switched on.

Since they had to make a game that worked on console hardware too, the pc version is of course going to suffer.

best regards,

That would be very appreciated. You guys would be my hero if you did that. I tried the demo on my PC, and at high resolutions I do tend to prefer FXAA over no AA. With the lower console resolution the FXAA just make the game look blurry and muddy though.

That would be very appreciated. You guys would be my hero if you did that. I tried the demo on my PC, and at high resolutions I do tend to prefer FXAA over no AA. With the lower console resolution the FXAA just make the game look blurry and muddy though.

In the latest beta patch you have 3 options, so you can switch the FXAA completely off. Hardware AA is still not here and cannot be done any quickly as it comes

with many limitations so the rendering pipeline must be reworked in some areas. That's why many developers avoid AA and use FXAA instead. We will consider to

add it in future patches.

best regards