Sign in to follow this  
yevgeni89

Arma2 Combined Ops steam issue wont launch after patch says application running

Recently after a long business trip i left Steam open while I was gone to find itself updating Arma2 Arrowhead, I clicked continue, then tried to launch Combined ops it ran through a black screen with text then said it couldnt launch and an error screen came up saying application currently running.

I tried to contact steam support but to no avail, does anyone know how to fix or by pass this?

Recently after a long business trip i left Steam open while I was gone to find itself updating Arma2 Arrowhead, I clicked continue, then tried to launch Combined ops it ran through a black screen with text then said it couldnt launch and an error screen came up saying application currently running.

I tried to contact steam support but to no avail, does anyone know how to fix or by pass this?

I had this problem to, along with a friend. it seems it does this after some content renewal via steam, which i think has something to do with the beta patches. Anyways, what i do to start it is go to the game folder and start from the Arma2OA application. It starts in Combined Ops, and it works with any mods. So far it seems no different from starting from the steam library.

I am having this same issue. I can run it from it's directory, but not from steam. If I run it from it's directory then I can not get the Czech army DLC to load up.

How can I force the Czech army DLC to load up?

@BIS - Can you confirm the issue and provide, or find out (if its a STEAM issue) when this will be resolved?

The issue is still occuring and it's stopping gameplay for me (yes I'm aware of manual work arounds but that doesn't help the folks who are IT tech savvy).

[Added after posting]

Found a few pointers to the issue

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden&p=2242247&viewfull=1#post2242247

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2975783

Edited by LondonLad

This is how I got my Arma working with steam.

Let steam do the conversion on Arma2, Arma2OA, and DLC.

Remove -mod from launch options.

Start and shutdown Arma2 first then Operation Arrowhead not CO, and maybe the DLCs.

Start Operation Arrowhead and choose Operation Arrowhead and not Combine Operations like you used to do.

In the first menu you choose Expansions and click on the mods you want to use, you place the modfolders in the same folders as before.

Restart the game and start playing with your addons.

I'm not commenting particularly on on you, but the fact that this needs to be even done is a sign that somebody massively fucked up.

This is not BETTER.

Somebody's mother needs to be slapped for raising a stupid motherfucker.

Holy shit, I fucking hate Steam sometimes.

Secondly, is there no load priority now?

Is that not going to fuck up how the addons interact with one another?

I really hate it when people attempt to make things more idiot friendly.

Its always a zero sum proposal and I think the idiots these days are getting far too much credit.

Now I'm getting all sorts of errors when I try to run certain maps now.

I keep getting ca/buildings/fuelstation

What the hell?

Fuck sakes.

People need to learn to leave things alone.

Edited by Pd3

Updating to the latest beta got rid of this problem.