Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Community Configuration Project (A2CCP)

@ PeterBitt

Check the roadmap: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp/roadmap

@ Muahaha

The test versions are available here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp/files

Best to read also the release news: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp/news

To test you download the PBO, load it via some modfolder.

You can either play missions of your choice or download the test/demo missions to be found

in the ticket for each change (see the roadmap link above for all present fixes/changes).

I don´t know if this is in the scope of tis project but I guess I can ask.

Observed:

AI Tank Driver never shuts down the engine if the Player is the Commander of that tank (worked with last patch)

Expected

Driver shuts down engine after the tank has remained stationary for some time (half a minute?). Completely AI controlled tanks are doing that.

Solution

Give the player the ability to order AI to shut down the engine.

This could be done via the mousewheel menu (Basically giving the Commander the same Shut down Engine command the driver has) or it could be introduced in the Menu number 6 (where "sit down" and special commands can be ordered).

Do you think it will be possible to add additional special unit classes that would have full inventory slots count instead of cut ones? For instance classes like Ins_Lopotev and Ins_Bardak have great unique models but barely used in multiplayer because of cut inventories. ArmA inventories are not that much of realism anyways, so why create annoying limitations? I suggestion to add special classes for all such units, for instance:

Ins_Lopotev_allSlots (or Ins_Lopotev_fullGear) as child class for Ins_Lopotev but with proper weaponslots value.

Or just change original classes and make them have full inventories.

Other classes that are not really in military gear like FR_Light or Doctor have full inventories anyway, so there is really no consistency in it, why not change everything into good way instead of having questionable gameplay limitations?

Edited by SaMatra

Yeah, I agree the whole inventory system is messed up and inconsistent that you might as well give all classes the full inventory (as reducing inventory size for certain units for consistency could break some missions).

It's the same issue as with the M1A2 Loader that can magically operate the M240 and reload the main gun at the same time.
it is old bug :) checkout moment 0:36 in

Kju, could you re-introduce AI tank and HMMWV gunners auto-engaging when under "engage at will" orders? ;) You and I loved that brief change, but others certainly did not, and Suma yanked it.

That road map of changes is incredibly ambitious and awesome, and will substantially change the game for the better. This is the biggest thing to hit A2 for a long, long time.

Now, if we can only get DnA to fix Freedom Fighters, we will be all set! ;) :rolleyes:

Kju, could you re-introduce AI tank and HMMWV gunners auto-engaging when under "engage at will" orders? ;) You and I loved that brief change, but others certainly did not, and Suma yanked it.

That road map of changes is incredibly ambitious and awesome, and will substantially change the game for the better. This is the biggest thing to hit A2 for a long, long time.

Now, if we can only get DnA to fix Freedom Fighters, we will be all set! ;) :rolleyes:

You are not alone here ... :)

Just did a quick test with the *2012_11_23.pbo and love the https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63863 fix going A2:OA vanilla but noticed that the OPFOR RGO grnade 3D model is also used for BLUEFOR M67 grenade. Minor stuff but while we are at it ;)

Common weapon magazines on the ground all look the same

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63863

A2CCP_121123_000.jpg

A2CCP_121123_001.jpg

Another thing noticed is that you can not use this to load the test PBO...

... -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CCP

it must be loaded like kju mentioned earlier, like this...

... -mod=beta;@CCP

/KC

See the note: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63863#note-3

In short some models are missing and some are buggy - as andersson used the A1 sample models to create these and did it for A2(+OA?) only,

but not for the DLCs that is the situation. If a modeller volunteers to fix the issues and provide the yet missing models based on work he has full

permission on, we still might see this improved further.

I see, to be honest I didn't read any notes before posting and now it also makes sense why this (and a few others) wasn't striked out in the list.

What we have here is much better than the generic bags but hopefully some skilled 3D artist with a free timeslot will help out...

/KC

Do you think it will be possible to add additional special unit classes that would have full inventory slots count instead of cut ones? For instance classes like Ins_Lopotev and Ins_Bardak have great unique models but barely used in multiplayer because of cut inventories. ArmA inventories are not that much of realism anyways, so why create annoying limitations? I suggestion to add special classes for all such units, for instance:

Ins_Lopotev_allSlots (or Ins_Lopotev_fullGear) as child class for Ins_Lopotev but with proper weaponslots value.

Or just change original classes and make them have full inventories.

Other classes that are not really in military gear like FR_Light or Doctor have full inventories anyway, so there is really no consistency in it, why not change everything into good way instead of having questionable gameplay limitations?

Really would like to get comment on this from kju, I would love to use these units in MP but cut inventory breaks all the fun.

@Kju

There are many wheeled vehicles in the game that have very strong wheels.Some can't be destroyed by 30 mm cannons easily ... if it's within scope of the CCP,i will create a ticket with a list of these vehicles,and people can also add missing ones ! a 7.62 or 5.56 round should be able to blow up any tire as far as i am concerned !

;2258457']See the note: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63863#note-3

In short some models are missing and some are buggy - as andersson used the A1 sample models to create these and did it for A2(+OA?) only' date='

but not for the DLCs that is the situation. If a modeller volunteers to fix the issues and provide the yet missing models based on work he has full

permission on, we still might see this improved further.[/quote']

I quickly ported my armed assault andy_mags addon to arma2 in hope that someone would pick up the ball and improve on it. I had not enough time myself unfortunately, and it required some modelling. One guy, cant remember his name, started to help me out but I think he backed off when he realized that his work will fall under BIS mlod-license (a workaround could be to fix this addon and then make another addon with the missing magazines in order for the modeler to protect his work).

So unfortunately this addon is still a quick port for arma2, I would love to improve it myself but I just cant find the time.

I gave kju full permission of it to show my support and appreciation of this project. I hope he can find someone willing to finish it. All configs and mlods are included in my original download.

@Qazdar better search for run flat tyre, rubber insert and bullet-proofed tyres/wheels before making such assumption

a 7.62 or 5.56 round should be able to blow up any tire...

@Qazdar better search for run flat tyre, rubber insert and bullet-proofed tyres/wheels before making such assumption

We don't have them in the game as far as iam concerned ... besides ,there are some civilian cars that have very powerful tires ... i forgot to mention that some tires cannot be damaged by HE grenades and you can put a whole magazine on them and they will not get damaged.

@Kju

There are many wheeled vehicles in the game that have very strong wheels.Some can't be destroyed by 30 mm cannons easily ... if it's within scope of the CCP,i will create a ticket with a list of these vehicles,and people can also add missing ones ! a 7.62 or 5.56 round should be able to blow up any tire as far as i am concerned !

Some military vehicels have very durable tires. You can shoot with small arms at them all day and the vehicle will still be able to drive.

@Qazdar its maybe not about your concern but most tyres of military vehicles don't get blown up by a (single) 7.62 or 5.56 round. You need to be clear about issues instead of using "some civilian cars" and "some tires...."

Yes,they have a rubber around the wheel inside,but the tyre itself is not resistant

Well,at least don't tell me that Tyres "healthpoints" in the game on Humvees/Vodniks/BTRs (even BTR 40)/Military offroads/Armored SUV are not ridiculously high !

Try to blow up,for example,BTR90 wheel using MK17 EGLM RCO ,use both 7.62 rounds and HE nades,i have always thought that it's a bit too much ! that's why i ask !

Vodnik wheels are epic ... they survive 30 mm AP rounds !

Edited by On_Sabbatical

As there isnt much time left until 1.63, probably only high quality reports will make it for now.

I hope there will be a 1.64 and still a CCP next year, but now is your best chance.

@ Qazdar

Your very generic and basic reports are not helpful. Overall stuff just suggested/discussed here is unlikely to make it in.

You have to make a quality report - best in the CCP tracker.

Wheels are mostly model stuff, so unlikely to see this improved as part of the CCP.

Here is the config part, but I doubt its the source: http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/8954

@ SaMatra

New classes are unlikely to happen. I will double check with BI.

At least you would have to provide the config source.

To me its too specific and low prio to put my time into it.

@ Tonci87

Report it in the CIT. This require programmer attention; nothing to be fixed by configs.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2258603']

@ SaMatra

New classes are unlikely to happen. I will double check with BI.

At least you would have to provide the config source.

To me its too specific and low prio to put my time into it.

Thanks for the info. If not new classes then maybe we can just make all these special units have full inventories? This will not break anything but instead open more mission-making possibilities. As I mentioned there is barely and consistency in that anyway (Civilians have full inventories yet military units have halved ones), so why leave these questionable half-done limitations and lift them instead? Speaking of configs, if you can give some sort of confirmation that this has right to be in CCP I will handle it myself. Thanks.

A client side config tweak may work - if you mean that. If you need equal conditions, every player has to have it.

Here is an overview about the current state: http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/8955

It seems fairly consistent to me. This is not to say that some may have a wrong configuration.

;2258622']A client side config tweak may work - if you mean that. If you need equal conditions' date=' every player has to have it.

Here is an overview about the current state: [url']http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/8955[/url]

It seems fairly consistent to me. This is not to say that some may have a wrong configuration.

Yes, currently there are many units that have cut inventories and having two less mag slots for medic sounds fair (even though not every medic has this, takistani militia bonesetter medics have full inventories for instance, there is more) but I think that units with halved inventories should be set to full inventory since it doesn't make much sense since units like Doctor or FR_Light have full inventory just like fully geared soldiers. Also these halved inventories basically kill unit usability in multiplayer since anyone would prefer unit with full slots over halved one. Instead of fixing units like Doctor, FR_Light and others by halving their inventories and breaking many already existent missions, I suggest to remove halved inventories from all units that have it and leave inventories that are cut just a little bit because of unit specialization (medics, pilots, etc.).

Or we can make child classes for these units which will have full inventory as compromise to everything.

Edited by SaMatra

Firstly I think the CCP is a great initiative. And thanks to KJU for taking it on. Also, bare in mind I don't care who the person organizing or submitting these bugs are, so don't take post like this personally please, I have already expressed before how much I appreciate what you do for the community KJU. With this CCP you have to be prepared to deal with questions/ oppositions to changes you would like to see or ideas you have.

I do think these changes have to be thought out very carefully and time and thought must be given to players who raise concerns about changes. Also Changes should not be made that BIS themselves would not make. And I'm sure there are procedures in place to check that this can't happen anyway?

------------------------tldr---------------------------

Most of the fixes I see listed are great, but I do have some concerns/questions about changes like; "Disable locking of all non guided weapons with AutoGuideAT disabled."

Maybe it's just me not understanding fully how the change will affect various weapons, but this looks to me like one of those kind of things BIS would not change...not with out some major overhaul of this entire system.

The problems stem from making a change to fix an apparent problem with the game (eg Auto guide AT is too arcade like) but as a side affect, breaking features that are fine and have no problems.

If my understanding is correct this change would mean that if you played on a server with Auto guide AT off, then your Tanks Fire control system would no longer work. In other words you would no longer be able to lock a target with the BIS lock box and have it auto compute the range and lead to hit a target. To me this is an example of breaking something that works as intended to try to fix some thing else. This would affect many vehicles like the Warrior's and the Bradley's cannon and the Stryker MGS main gun etc.

What about commanding AI from in a tank with this Disabled? Would that mean I could no longer assign targets to the AI by "locking" them with my Command cursor?

How would launchers like the NLAW be affected by this I wonder also? This is guided though, so it would still work I guess, but would you have visual on what you where locking? I'm not sure. I don't use it that much, I'm just wondering about other players here.

----------------------/tldr---------------------------------

Even if you have an idea to make a change to the game that you feel very strongly about, you can't implement it if it breaks things other players might use or expect to behave a certain way.

For me, if you wanted to properly implement this fix it would involve changing (among other things) the entire FireControlSystem to the way it is handled by ACE, where no magic lock boxes are required at all.

I think changes like this are beyond the scope of the CCP.

Anyway, as I said I think the idea of the ACCP is great, but I really don't want to feel like I have to keep hovering over the CCP change log to make sure that things arnt "slipped in", as it where, that will make big game play changes or affect existing, perfectly functioning game mechanics that people are used to and use regularly.

Being in control of this project requires extreme care and consideration of all types of players. Changes should not be taking lightly

@Kju

What happened to the grad scope ? when i press 0 it's just not there ,it zooms in and that's all :S

@Seany

No need to worry,the change is good,now cannons,rockets,dumb bombs and main guns don't show that square box anymore with autoguideAT off.

For NLAW,i hope we get something like javelin on it for targetting ... and concerning tanks ,they're all T55 like when it comes to targettting ! AIs are not affected with this change iimo .

Edited by On_Sabbatical