Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98220 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

It was always the rule to report primary vanilla ArmA problems in the beta test thread...it is logical that mods can only be of secondary concern. unmodded ArmA is the bechmark here not ACE or PR ot whatever.

OK, I was getting it with no mods running but could reliably reproduce it with ACE+ACE Ammo cookoff Module

See example Mission here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/60052#change-146470

Guess who could repro it with ASR

DeltaFiveOne had ASR AI, TPWC, TPWLOS and SLX AI findcover running

Mr_Centipede had JSRS running

We can´t connect this to a specific MOD, therefore I think that the BETA itself is having problems. Please correct me if I´m wrong but I think we all had this in Single Player right?

Therefore I think that some AI routines concerning vehicle AI are out of control and reducing FPS to <5

Your thoughts?

OK, I was getting it with no mods running but could reliably reproduce it with ACE+ACE Ammo cookoff Module

We can´t connect this to a specific MOD, therefore I think that the BETA itself is having problems. Please correct me if I´m wrong but I think we all had this in Single Player right?

Therefore I think that some AI routines concerning vehicle AI are out of control and reducing FPS to <5

Your thoughts?

I think you are right on all aspects. This problem doesn't seem to be related to mods. Thanx for creating the ticket.

Using no mods, I'm getting more frequent temporary game freezes and NVIDIA driver errors with this beta. At least it seems that way... Nothing in RPT.

Really don't know how people can raise bugs when they are running Mods !! !!

Or even assess a Beta ......

Unless you know EVERY LINE OF CODE in those mod's you can hardly any confidence in what you see .....

Your thoughts?

Most likely the beta it seems so far. Thanks Tonci.

Gnat;2242927']Really don't know how people can raise bugs when they are running Mods !! !!

Or even assess a Beta ......

Unless you know EVERY LINE OF CODE in those mod's you can hardly any confidence in what you see .....

A) I get the problems when playing without mods too

B) People get those problems no matter wich configuration they are running

C) Problems don´t appear in previous Beta

D) If a Beta breaks all mods then it is a bad Beta

Hmm... tried + tested vanilla A2OA with SP "Flashpoint" missions (Chernarus/Takistan/Zargabad) from thomsonb after 5-10 minutes I got stuttering/lagging and had to quit A2OA via taskmanager because it wasn't responding anymore. Only rpt and with only following lines with sound issues:

Cannot load sound 'ui\ui_cc.wss' # Cannot load sound 'ui\ui_ok.wss' # Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\hesdowne.wss' # Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\hesdowne.wss' # Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\hesdowne.wss' # No speaker given for Kristian Becker # Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04tk\default\weapons\cannonlow.ogg' # Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'
Just a very wild question - is there a 'limit' for AI calculations set (highest/lowest)?

A) I get the problems when playing without mods too

So you retest everything with and without a mod loaded ..... ?

B) People get those problems no matter wich configuration they are running

..... so how the hell could you tell?

C) Problems don´t appear in previous Beta

And everyone here runs every beta, and tests everything ..... ?

D) If a Beta breaks all mods then it is a bad Beta

Arh ... no, definitely not all cases. Mods with potentially wonky code don't set the rules, BIS do.

Gnat;2243180']

Arh ... no' date=' definitely not all cases. Mods with potentially wonky code don't set the rules, BIS do.[/quote']

Sorry man..now you are starting to be 'mean'

Yes..in the end of day BIS are setting the rulez but..unless they have discovered and implemented something that leaves all community with a big :eek: ..but instead just a minor "tweaking" Breaks countless hours of developing and troubleshooting of "other" mods..only "Problematic" applies as it's name.

Of course..a beta is a beta so there is still room for progress

*btw You should have known better as long time community developer...

Played for about an hour yesterday (no add-ons), Takistan CTI 16 Mountain Warfare.

I experienced no lag or freeze. Will try longer sessions and other scenarios during week.

Gnat;2243180']So you retest everything with and without a mod loaded ..... ?

I did

Because they posted it here in this very thread

And everyone here runs every beta' date=' and tests everything ..... ?[/quote']

I created and played a specific scenario with Beta 98148 and played it 20 times. No problems

Beta 98220 gives me those problems almost every time I play that exact same scenario.

Arh ... no, definitely not all cases. Mods with potentially wonky code don't set the rules, BIS do.

Quite surprising to hear that from someone who makes Addons.

Gnat;2243180']So you retest everything with and without a mod loaded ..... ?

And everyone here runs every beta' date=' and tests everything ..... ?

Arh ... no, definitely not all cases. Mods with potentially wonky code don't set the rules, BIS do.[/quote']

1 - if I run into problems with a beta: YES

2 - because people using betas are talking/discussing here in this very thread

3 - maybe not everyone, but basically I do when ever I get a chance (at times BI is to fast for that to happen ...)

4 - no wonky-code-mods involved here. ASR_AI is none of that category. You ask how I could tell? Well ...

There is really no need to go off at people reporting issues in this thread. I've been part of this beta program since it started. Same as most users reporting here. I just asked for confirmation of an issue I ran into with this build. If I had classified it as a bug by then, I would have created a ticket. Thanx to Tonci's initiative there is already one. So lets get back to reporting rather than discussing how to report, shall we ...

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

[..]

This ...

The bottom line is:

There seems to be a performance problem in the latest beta.

However your reports are very sketchy. We will see if Suma can locate it without more specific information.

Better would be people trying to narrow it down - looking at the changelog it could be related to the changes in AI AT infantry behavior.

I confirm the observations: same here. A friend warned me to not install 98220 before our sunday MP session since it would slow down the game to 1 - 2 fps at times. He has an nVidia graphics card so I thought: what the heck, I have an ATI so I should be fine. Wrong assumption :)

Some 10 to 15 minutes into the game (I was hosting MP on my local machine) freezes and fps-drops occured and eventually I had to shut down Arma through the task manager. Went back to 98148 and the game smooth as butter for 2h even with 3 clients attached.

VictorFarbau

;2243425']The bottom line is:

There seems to be a performance problem in the latest beta.

However your reports are very sketchy. We will see if Suma can locate it without more specific information.

Better would be people trying to narrow it down - looking at the changelog it could be related to the changes in AI AT infantry behavior.

I know that my bug report isn´t really specific but I simply couldn´t collect more information than that. Nothing is written into the RPT, no bdmp or mdmp files are created....

Tonci87 - don't get me wrong: Your report is a good start.

All I am saying if there is more specific information,

it will make it easier, quicker and more likely to get sorted.

Getting lockups with this beta too in SP. Can't reproduce it in the editor, but it seems to happen during a firefight when AI are looking for targets. I noticed it playing the Forgotten Few mission, where it happens almost every time there are lots of AI firing (either ground troops or air). Using the previous beta it does not lock up at all. Using vanilla Arma 2 CO.

If I manage to create a scenarion in the editor I will post up the mission.

EDIT--> he symptoms are that it freezes for a couple of seconds every 5 seconds or so and sometimes just locks up completely requiring an end-task in task manager.

*btw You should have known better as long time community developer...

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought BIS made the RV engine and we feed off the crumbs to make addons. Should have realised all the detailed code and the exact way it must be used comes from us users. /sarcasm off

Its actually much better to test with Procdump running in background, and if game crashes, zip the dump and upload it to file sharing service, and attach it to your CIT ticket. It might help more then any rpt entry, and game generated dump files. I'm not saying they are not important but programer might have full insight of what was going on at the time of the crash, and what is causing it.

More about it here. Read the part about Memory Dumps of Game Crash or Freeze and follow this link and instructions on wiki.

After a series of defragging, the game seems more stable now... havent had a slow down yet... though mostly in editor SP. Never tested in MP. Even with JSRS on, as oppose as previously mentioned, I dont get the slowdown anymore... yet.

I really tried to produce a slowdown regarding AT soldiers and tanks both in SP and MP Warfsre BE but I can't reproduce such a slowdown so far.

btw after a few betas defragging is really helpfull, it also might helpt to delete the user.cfg and armaoa.cfg with a nw beta to time and let the game write a new one. I noticed thaat for example the values for measured performance in the oa .cfg tet to vary quite much from beta or patch to patch.

Edited by Beagle

Back to previous betabuild - maybe a combination with spawning AI groups + new calculations does drop the performance down (or even worse - freeze A2OA task)?? New profile, new config and defrag didn't help or magically boosted A2OA performance... ;)