Sign in to follow this  
lao fei mao

Smookie Animation Pack Lite version

Originally, I did this for my personal use, but considering some guys may have the same appetite to have a simple, useful, natural version of smk_anims, so I decided to releasd it under Mr. Smookie's approval, anyway all credits belongs to him.

Features:

1.Removed all the wall related anims, such as: climb, fire against;

2.Kept all blind fire anims for standing, crouching, prone

3.Restored BI's walking, jogging, running anims, IMHO,smk's those anims feels robotic, BIS's feels natural;

4.Kept the cool sniper sit down anim, and AI wouldn't stuck in it;

6.Kept the useful butt-sliding anim;

7.Kept and improved all the reloading anims;

8.Cleaned all the related error message in .rpt file;

9.Don't need CBA;

Enjoy it! Don't use it with original smk_anims.pbo, and don't forget set a turbo key(Suggest "Left Sheft") for use those cool anims;

Lao Fei Mao

Download link:http://www.gamefront.com/files/22475065/Mao_Smk_anim_lite.zip

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Awesome! 1 question though--would it be possible in theory to add the wall stuff back and still have things work efficiently as this or would it cause issues--either player or AI? Just wondering about it personally.

Thanks Lao, will have another go using your version, I didn't really get going with original... Due to most of the things you have now changed.

This is really appreciated, a compact version with, hopefully, some problems removed.

Its great that you shared your work, thank you..

very nice Lao Fei Mao,

do you know the pistol animation names for Smookie pack?

This is really nice. Thanks Lao Fei Mao and of course Smookie for the awesome mod. :)

Thanks Lao-man

Well..this question might be silly but..

When the "A" player runs the Anim.pack and player "B" hasn't..player "B" will be able to see the new animations from player "A"?

(my first guess is no but..might i m being wrong??)

Thanks Lao-man

Well..this question might be silly but..

When the "A" player runs the Anim.pack and player "B" hasn't..player "B" will be able to see the new animations from player "A"?

(my first guess is no but..might i m being wrong??)

indeed the answer is "no"

This is great it gives a lot more tactical advantages and options when engaging enemys

thanks a lot for this great addon.

Really like these animations but experienced a couple of bugs so far.

Running and pressing V causes my character to constantly run, unable to stop until I fix headbug. I have @st_bunnyhop running as well and suspect this has something to do with it. Stamina also seems to never run out. Is this expected behaviour?

Really like these animations but experienced a couple of bugs so far.

Running and pressing V causes my character to constantly run, unable to stop until I fix headbug. I have @st_bunnyhop running as well and suspect this has something to do with it. Stamina also seems to never run out. Is this expected behaviour?

I never encountered your problem, I've been using this addons for more than half year, often loaded it with ACE and no problem. I guess it must conficts with @st_bunnyhop, for st_bunnyhop also has a relations with ca_anims.

I agree with doc's observations, ran this last night and saw a number of users with the bunnyhop mod running and unable to stop, as well as experiencing issues with ACE and stamina. Also experienced some weird issues with pulling binoculars at times... was unable to open them a few times and then unable to put away - seemed to resolve itself though.

Apart from that, the mod does what it says - and it never says it has full integration with ACE or other mods...

Thanks for this release. I have tryed it out a bit but didnt find all anims i can do.

Leaning left & right to hold the rifle around the corner is what i found.

Would someone like to tell what else is hidden in this addon ?

hey i seem to have a slight problem with the addon i just started testing it and when i play with it my caracter just stands there half in the ground with his arms spread and the gun at his front it dosent seem to work for me im not shure why

has anybody ealse discoverd this problem ???

How did you manage to keep the sniper kneel anim without the AI-stuck bug? I really love SMK in its completeness but this is really annoying so Im trying to find a way to handle the problem. Any advice? How did you do it?

Yes agree with some of the above, bunnyhop has a problem this mod or vice versa.

Still a good compact version, hope some of the problems can be sorted out.

Nice job..

I'm not using bunnyhop, but it has serious issues with the ACE stamina system. Loaded up to 60kg, and using with normal run or sprint I can run well over 400m before I even get a slight hint of getting tired.

Could you please add the custom MG(m240,pkm etc) reload animation that was included in smk's full animation pack to the next update version? Thanks

I'm not using bunnyhop, but it has serious issues with the ACE stamina system. Loaded up to 60kg, and using with normal run or sprint I can run well over 400m before I even get a slight hint of getting tired.

Just tried the same thing and got the same result, anyone know of a way to fix this? Its a shame I'd love to use this but the fact it breaks the stamina system is a big issue.

Good job,Lao Fei Mao.

I found a bug in SMK Lite.

When the player moves in urban prone left stance or urban prone right stance,he can pass through buildings.

It doesn't happen with SMK full.

Can you fix it?

Edited by strpeer

Because of the st_bunnyhop thing...had thought that this could be because of you do bunnyhop twice. SMK have it's own bunnyhop feature integrated. Both mods activate the hopping with the same command.