Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Weather changes, frequency of lightning flashes... TOO FAST

Hey guys,

is it just me? I think weather changes happen WAY TOO FAST. You can have a thunderstorm with lightning flashes (too many, every few seconds is too fast, pls more stretched and randomized) - and after a minute there's best weather and view distance. While I understand the need to entertain the gamer, THIS IS TOO MUCH.

What do other players think?

Maybe our modders can find variables that we can alter...

Michael

You have to remember and take into account that the days in the game are compressed and so, naturaly, the time span of the weather is compressed as well.

But a more steady weather pattern would be appreciated. I don't mind it changing but a bit slower would be more fitting even if i do like the terraformed crazy weather approach.

You could download Thygrr's mod-tools and find the weather script so you can mod it yourself to your liking. =) The game is really open to modding. The only thing we cant see yet its the database.

I live in Ireland. This is normal to me.

Seriously. You try being on the front line of the gulf stream hitting the latitude of Alaska.

I live in Ireland. This is normal to me.

Seriously. You try being on the front line of the gulf stream hitting the latitude of Alaska.

;)

I live in England and with Myricks very East End accent and almost every island having lots of rain I felt right at home.

I love the weather in this game, flying around shooting down the enemy with lighting all around is just fun and seeing the enemy appear out of a dense fog is brilliant.

I live in England and with Myricks very East End accent

As a non-native english speaker, but having heard a lot of english accents, Miriks english sounds somewhat artificial and made up. A bit like Lena Meyer-Landrut. Do you think the voice is spoken by a british guy?

Do you think the voice is spoken by a british guy?

Without doubt. The way he says 'water' is very much a trait of those from the East End. I heard that way of speaking when I was growing up and I'll bet that the Myriks voice actor is from Bow in East London.

Myrik's voice sounds fairly authentic to me.
Authentic. Like Brie...

I use to live in Ireland! I was born then and moved to the U.S. when I was 9. =) I miss Ireland and all its beauty/rain/coldness. Nothing to do in my little town I live in. It is too dag hot all the time where I live

Back on topic lol I haven't seen anything yet referring to weather so I guess its in the Database files which we cant open just yet.

Yeah, I also searched and couldn't find anything. I don't think we can change weather frequency via mod.

Western norway here, a few weeks ago we had an entire week of extremely heavy rain with sun poking through the clouds, completely broken cloudcover yet thick rain. Freak weather happens on any planet.

What I have noticed though is that there is no tidal system. Tides on the earth are caused by the moon but Gaea IS a moon. You'd expect that gigantic rock in the sky to have some impact.

I believe it isn't possible for moons to have oceans like this anyway. The gravitational pull that our moon has on our oceans is nothing compared to the effect of earth's gravitational pull on the moon. If the moon had oceans, the gravitational effect from earth would pull the water off into space. Let's not let that get in the way of a great game though.

Titan has surface oceans of liquid hydrocarbons - and Saturn is rather more massive than Earth :)

Titan has surface oceans of liquid hydrocarbons - and Saturn is rather more massive than Earth :)

Titan has underground oceans.

Edit: Oh and also apparently surface lakes :rolleyes: