Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98148 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

" ... some AI fixes spotted ... " :)

[98137] Changed: AI soldiers now glancing at their targets more frequently while moving in combat.

[98135] Fixed: AI sometimes running back and forth when attacking (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32115)

[98088] Improved: AI AT units selecting better position when attacking (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32115)

+ some beta regressions fixed

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ...SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM!

Edited by Dwarden

Very nice. AI tweaks are always welcome. :)

Yay sounds like some very nice AI fixes.

Great work!

/KC

You guys should add Chernarus from dayz to arma 2!Add on a beta patch!Maybe after dayz come out!Its more than fair for loyal arma 2 players!;)

You guys should add Chernarus from dayz to arma 2!Add on a beta patch!Maybe after dayz come out!Its more than fair for loyal arma 2 players!;)

You're joking right? You mean Chernarus? The Island that comes with Arma 2?

You're joking right? You mean Chernarus? The Island that comes with Arma 2?

He means "Chernarus Plus" - the new version they're making for DayZ.

+1

....I would even pay for it as this would be the first usefull extension/DLC of the series. I'm sure the all community would appreciate that!

Thanks! Is it possible to get the AI "shaken" or "rattled" if missiles, rockets, shells and grenades hit them (vehicle) or close by? They are not effected (or not significant) and still able to make some high precision shots. On idea would be to force AI to move into the next hardcover/hideout, only able to shoot with low or lowest precision for a certain time.

He means "Chernarus Plus" - the new version they're making for DayZ.

Ah OK, in that case my apologies!

Thanks! Is it possible to get the AI "shaken" or "rattled" if missiles, rockets, shells and grenades hit them (vehicle) or close by? They are not effected (or not significant) and still able to make some high precision shots. On idea would be to force AI to move into the next hardcover/hideout, only able to shoot with low or lowest precision for a certain time.

so You mean something like 'temporary period' where AI gets lower skills and aimprecision after explosion / like when suppressed ?

Yes, AI could be 'temporarily ineffective' because of impacts/explosions/shelling. So they would primarily + quickly seek for some cover to save their life.... :)

Why? It's made specifially for DayZ. It wouldn't fit in Arma 2, and it would be too hard to port now

so You mean something like 'temporary period' where AI gets lower skills and aimprecision after explosion / like when suppressed ?

This would be a great AI tweak. Nothing is more frustrating than being killed by AI crew ejecting from an exploding vehicle, all before I can put my rocket launcher away.

i cant launch the game now off of steam. Steam - Error "This game is currently unavailable (Application running).

Yes, this would be amazing!

That's a major problem with fighting AI in ArmA 2, they don't get supressed when you pepper them. If you've played the Brothers in Arms series before, they do a really good job of allowing AI to be supressed (minus the little HUD element above each squad, that's garbage).

Why? It's made specifially for DayZ. It wouldn't fit in Arma 2, and it would be too hard to port now

Ummmm... it wouldn't be hard at all to port. It's an island in the same engine basically, it's a simple config re-write.

As far as I know it will be chernaruss with almost all houses enterable, Can´t see why they should not be able to port it?

As far as I know it will be chernaruss with almost all houses enterable, Can´t see why they should not be able to port it?

chernarus with vd 4km fps sometimes drop to 20.Specially in towns.If BIS will keep such unrealistic unplayble VD they not able to do it.Looks like DAYZ play with 100m vd so shouldn't be any problems.

Please increase fragmentation effects like wounding radius for all rockets, missiles, bombs, shells, grenades and handgrenades! Actual the lethal + wound effect is pretty low - just observe AI standing beside impacts and explosions without getting hit and firing their weapons like on a shooting range. Would be great to see/test such war or battle effects in vanilla A2OA before A3 release.... :)