Sign in to follow this  
Lange

Resistance does resist!

Hi everyone!

Here the problem. OFP:R dies crash ALWAYS at the very same situation.

First mission: after the russions did arrive in town, i am leaving the office and leaving the city to the north.

when im (running/driving/whatever) the street to the north, suddenly the screen does fade to black. Guess there shall come a sequence (animation, next mission, whatever).

however - after fading to black i can count 3 secs down 3 - 2 - 1 CRASH. OFP:R just quits and drops me to the desktop. No errormessage - nothing. so i have no clue what happening.

Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)

System:

Windows XP Pro

Athlon 1.2GHz

512MB RAM

ATI Radeon 8500

2 x U2W LVD HDD

All Drivers (GFX/SMD/Chipset) are up2date and has been validated aganst other state-of-the-art games (sof2, gta3, sum of all fears,...) guess this is a OFP:R related issue.

any ideas? i cannot continue the campaign because OFP:R does ALWAYS crash at the very same point.

frustrated

Simon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any ideas?  i cannot continue the campaign because OFP:R does ALWAYS crash at the very same point.<span id='postcolor'>

Never had this happen - OFPR hasn't crashed on my system since I installed it on Friday morning. Some sluggish behaviour, but no crash.

Have you tried doing a clean install (first OFP, then all updates, then OFPR, no inoff. addons)???

least you can get into the campaign at all! mine just crashes from the moment you click campaign on the main menu confused.gifsad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)<span id='postcolor'>

Have you restored the VISIBILITY setting to 900?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 30 2002,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,18wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)<span id='postcolor'>

Have you restored the VISIBILITY setting to 900?<span id='postcolor'>

Ofcourse! this was the first thing i ve checked. but i think it does not have sumthing to do with my performance. because it does happen eben on 640x480 with everything at LOWEST.

and as you could see my hardware shoudl handle OFP:R at ease especially if you keep in mind that i cant play OFP on 1280x1024 smoothly without any problems.

as i write before: this "addon" does remember me on OFP v1.00 wink.gif

hope you have an idea who to fix.

Simon

PS: its just an std isntallation.

Hi'yall,

mine calls it quits most of the time after I call R up. Then the logo, splash screens appear and then the desktop without a peep.

at other times - no apparent reason - it starts up fine and I can jazz around.

clean install, new boot, etc, none really helps.

anybody got any suggestions?

This might sound like a stupid suggestion, but you are using the new Resistance.exe and not the old Flashpoint.exe like it says in the box?

hey can i ask something ....

are youi guys cracking the EXE at all???

remortgage the house and go and buy a mega expensive monster computer because resistance seems to require one!

Well my Resistance crashes constantly, although the exe has been stripped of Safedisk protection.... perhaps the original exe will not do it. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ July 02 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well my Resistance crashes constantly, although the exe has been stripped of Safedisk protection....<span id='postcolor'>

Really serves you right then doesn't it?

well i bet 10 bux that the mods here and the ppl from BIS know why these ppl are haveing probs with all these random crash's ... but they cant do much about it... i know cozz i have worked on a game and ppl are crying it is not working it s crashing, and it is cozz they D/led it and have used a bad crack, or the games EXE will cause the game to fubar, with a crack .....

i aswell and larfing at these pplp crying cozz it is crashing .....

if ya by a ligit copy you will not have this prob .....

i bet thousands of ppl have bought the game ... but only this small amount are haveing the probs =:/ its obvious i think ....

how do i know all this??? cozz meh friend d/led it, and he was haveing the same prob .....

i didnt take a copy cozz i have had one on preorder for a month now .....

oh welll if i get banned coz of this i dont care .... but it is obvious for some reasion .....

i say ... if you have a legit copy of resistance.... use the CD ... if you crack the exe with a nocd crack it will cause troubles ....

You're wrong minion..

I've got a non-cracked original game.. Nothing bad about that..

And also at my computer resistance crashes while starting up..

Now f*cked up my graphics and it still crashes sometimes, but the game runs (except when i want to play in the campaign) fluently again...

I also noted by the way that loads of addons suddenly start doing weird, like muzzle flash bug without hardware t&l enabled, custom glasses are visible while sitting in a truck (you can look through the sides of the truck while sitting inside, like a sort of x-ray glasses), i can see my ears, and my mouth when i sit in a truck with an addon soldier...

It gets weird.. very weird..

yep i've got a ligit copy (bought it from EB uk)and it runs like a pile of shit!I think thats because i've only got an average computer and resistance needs a super computer to run properly!

What would you consider an average computer? I personally would say an average computer now is something like 1ghz, 256mb ram, GF2 MX, that should run Opf:R very nicely, if not then it's either not configured right or all the drivers are out of date.

I have 1.3ghz AMD, 512mb SDram, 64mb Kyro2, and Opf:R runs great, for sure I can only run ground on normal but that's more about the shiteness of the gfx card than anything else, all the other eye candy is maxed out at 1024x768@32 smile.gif

yo man bubba,

quit yer hossin roun. f got merseff jes liggit copies of dem game en em oar still jes crashin on me afta da splashscreens, no jive man. and ofp 1.46 jes works fine, no jive

so what er you tokkin bout?

Yeah! I bought the game yesterday (completly legal!wink.gif and installed it - and it hasn't started/booted a single time!! It always shows the splash screen and then crashs back to desktop. 1.46 and 1.60 worked perfect!

It's getting really furstrating now.. because i have not experienced a single major BIS release not crashing randomly on my system (which never has an older winXP install. then two weeks..)

I give a shit about it wether i have an average or fast computer.. i just want the game to work! Because that's what i paid 30 god dammed EURO for!!!!

My specs:

1.4Ghz

256MB RAM

GF4 MX

SBLIVE

I wonder wether it could be the sblive... EAX support is always a crash reason.

Yes I have original game.

Yes it crashes, especially in Campiagn.

I have

1 GHz

768 RAM

Geo2Mx

The problem is the memory! 1,46 i could easilly turn off SWAP/PAGE-file (using only real RAM) in XP and use OFP 1,46, plus all other needed programs.

Using Resistence 1,75 it sometimes runs out of memory, so my solution, is to turn ON the SWAP again. Its a must to run the campaign. Its a maybe in multiplayer (sometimes yes somtimes no).

On the OFPR box is says

"Minimum system requirements are equivalent to the original Flashpoint Recommended Specs"

Not True according regarding the use of RAM, according to me.

Regards

Lt_Dan_Sweden confused.gif

welll i dunno .. untill i get a copy i will not find out ... only a few days from now till it is released

but from what i saw at my friends plce, was it randomly crashed thro single player missions ... and at the end of 1st mission in campaign...... "like some ppl have mentioned ... so thats why i said it could be the cracks or something similer to Fade that stops ppl from playing the game if it is no ligit..... and only a fake CDKEY or cracked exe will activate it "i think".....

all i can say is Hah, so i think he is gonna wait till it is released .....

but from what i am reading here is, that it must be a hardware prob, i mean the speed and ram is ok .....

so either the game has a mem leak, or it has probs running on some kinda of brand or something .....

oh well.