Sign in to follow this  
Japalax

Questions before I buy

Hi,

I don't own the game yet and before I buy I'd like some answers on a few things :).

1. What is the maximum number of islands I can set in strategy mode and could this be increased with modding?

2. I'm aware of Bohemia Interactive excellent support for modding, will this continue with Carrier Command?

3. From what I've learned from playing the demo, I feel there is a lot of potential for this game, one area of the game I feel was ignored was under water, just think of the potential of underwater bases and submersible units :D?

Thanks in advance :D.

1. I think it is always 33 islands as it stands right now in strategy mode. Depending on how you choose starting conditions you own more or less compared to the AI (and some are always neutral). An island editor is mentioned to be included in the modding tools that will be released and what it sounds like adding islands will be possible one way or another though nothing is firmly confirmed yet.

2. Modding tools will come according what has been said by the developers. I guess that counts as modding support. :) I'm not sure if this is 100% firmly confirmed but more or less so. Browse posts made by 'Dram' the past month or so to get it straight from the horses mouth. (Sorry Dram, didn't mean to call you a horse :) )

3. Great idea! :) The graphical engine sure looks like it has full underwater support and physics. Drop a walrus in the ocean from a height and it dives down and bobs up and it looks very underwater-ish beneath the surface with (I think I recall) bubbles and distortion.

Someone who have actually dug into the code and scripts can and will probably give you an even better reply soon. :)

2. I'm aware of Bohemia Interactive excellent support for modding, will this continue with Carrier Command?

I collected some of the posts the dev's made here on the forums to try and keep track what will be modable and made a short list of it:

- Carrier Command Modding, what can we expect?

I hope to update the list soon with new info ........ when it is posted/revealed of course :)

Ah thanks for the quick reply, oh I almost forgot, I plan on playing this on my desktop but would like to install it on my M11xR3 laptop when I'm on the road, will that be possible or will I need to buy another copy :)?.

Thanks for posting that Foxhound, very interesting!

I've not bought the game myself yet, but have been playing it with a friend...well, "back seat" playing to be exact, but I'm still liking what I see. There are obvious issues that need to be addressed, I'll not go into them here, but it's good to see that the developer is committed to this game and opening it up to the community - this will be key to it's longevity I reckon, and also means I am far more likely to buy myself, though maybe not until an update or two.

Cheers,

Scoob.