Sign in to follow this  
Death17

Frame rate problems with rearmed

When I play the new maps from TOH Rearmed my frame drops so low I can't fly. With the same settings I'm getting about 42 fps when I play the original maps with TOH. I've tried turning down the graphics on both TOH and Operation Arrowhead but not much improvement if any. I've upadted TOH to current and OA is on patch 1.60. Also, when my co-pilot gets shot how do I get him out of the ACFT so another guy can get in?

And, just wanted say thanks to the Devs for improving the flight dynamics. I came close to giving up on this game. You still need a few tweeks to the flight model but getting there. (ground effects)

My system: AMD quadcore, 8 GB RAM, GTX 560 graphics card, Track IR

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that, but I'm new to this scripting stuff.

Most important is to reduce viewdistance, object draw distance and shadow distance (in video options).

Also make sure to defrag the HDD (unless you are using a SSD).

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that, but I'm new to this scripting stuff.

No problem! :)

They are both command-line startup parameters. Very simple to utilize:

Steam:

1. In your Library, Right-Click your game title, choose properties.
  2. In the window that pops up, click the button for startup commands
  3. Go to step 4 below -

Non-Steam:

1. Right-Click your TKOH icon, and choose properties.
  2. On the 'Shortcut' tab, you will see a text box labled - 'Target'. This contains the string to your game's executable, and is in "( double quotes ).
  3. Click in the 'Target' box and use your arrows to go ALL the way to the RIGHT and Add a space.
  4. Now type the command-line parameter.
  5. Apply the change and fire up TKOH! ;)

Example if you want to try the 'maxVRam' with the 'tbb3malloc_bi' memory allocator( These are ONLY examples! USE at your own risk! ):

Steam:

-maxVRam=2048 -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

Non-Steam:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\take on helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" -maxVRam=2048 -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

NOTE:

There is a space between the two parameters.

ALL parameters are separated by a space!

All parameters that contain a space, must be enclosed in Double Quotes "

Hope that helps! ;-)

Or try community made terrains. Most tend to have way better FPS compared to Chernarus/Takistan/Zargabad.

Thanks for the help guys. The more I play this game the better it gets! Editor rocks.